mollywhit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

do you include any sugar in your diet?

From reading the stickied threads and posts here (I'm new to this!), I see that most of you advocate a super-clean diet.

Do any of you include any sugar in your diet (be it every day or once a week--and not sugar from fruit, but sweet stuff)? Do you think it's possible to lose fat and build muscle and still include sugar?

I find that when I cut it out completely, I inevitably snap and eat a bunch of it before I can get back to the no-sugar thing. Thanks for any insight!

Registered User user464444132bbg's Avatar
    user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000) user464444132bbg is just really nice. (+1000)
    I cut all sugar out of my diet over two years ago. The only sugars my body consumes is what is in the natural foods I eat. The hardest thing for me to cut sugar out of was coffee, so I did it slowly. Now I love coffee without sugar.

I do think if you want to lose body fat that it is imparative to get it out of your diet. Its hard but doable. I usually let myself have some ice cream or a candy bar once a week to take care of my sweet cravings.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I put Gatorade powder in my postworkout shake because it contains dextrose
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All sugars gone from my diet too! Including any nat sugar from fruit too. Right now I'm cutting, so maybe I'll get the fruit back some day

I do think they are right on this. I had a hard time losing any weight to lean up and I got rid of the sugars and lowered the carbs and presto. The weight is just falling off me.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the only 'sugar' (as in white powder) i use is dextrose in the PWO shake. depending on my caloric intake, between 90-120 grams a week. and what beautiful muscles i have . . .
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    With moderation, you can fit nearly anything into your diet. If it fits into your macros, there's no reason for you to wig out over having something sweet once a week or so. I wouldn't exaclty put it in my coffee or anything, and I only have sugar in the form of a weekly treat, fruit, or other naturally occuring sugars.

It really depends on individual things, too. For instance, ohtm up there responds better to not including fruit or any sugar in her diet. For me, it works out better to include it. What works best for you is going to be more important than what works best for us.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

Badass in Training *supermomma*'s Avatar
    *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't really care about "clean" but I don't do sugar. It's a waste. (Except for the naturally occurring stuff.)
    Friends don't let friends use pink dumbbells.

admin @ realbodiestraining.com

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TricepGirl
    With moderation, you can fit nearly anything into your diet. If it fits into your macros, there's no reason for you to wig out over having something sweet once a week or so. I wouldn't exaclty put it in my coffee or anything, and I only have sugar in the form of a weekly treat, fruit, or other naturally occuring sugars.

It really depends on individual things, too. For instance, ohtm up there responds better to not including fruit or any sugar in her diet. For me, it works out better to include it. What works best for you is going to be more important than what works best for us.
    Bump to this...a healthy diet is one that can be done for the rest of your life and one that includes moderation....I also don't use sugar in my day to day diet, but I do have treats that include sugar in them (such as chocolate, desserts etc)...As long as your diet is clean 90% of the time, you can still have those things that you enjoy!

mybestgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So for those that don't include sugar does that mean the following...

honey
    brown rice syrup
    evaporated cane syrup

I have cut white sugar or anything that contains white sugar out. However I will throw a bit of honey or have a bar treat that has brown rice sugar in it so often. They are natural sugars.

I couldn't imagine getting rid of fruits though.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mybestgirl
    However I will throw a bit of honey or have a bar treat that has brown rice sugar in it so often. They are natural sugars.
    sugar is a natural product
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

mybestgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well what I mean by that is that aren't processed.

fit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fitnessfreak8
    I cut all sugar out of my diet over two years ago. The only sugars my body consumes is what is in the natural foods I eat. The hardest thing for me to cut sugar out of was coffee, so I did it slowly. Now I love coffee without sugar.

I do think if you want to lose body fat that it is imparative to get it out of your diet. Its hard but doable. I usually let myself have some ice cream or a candy bar once a week to take care of my sweet cravings.
    So you really didn't cut out sugars completely....since you have ice cream and candy bars once a week...

I was wondering the same thing (as the OP) since I have a hard time cutting sugar out. I really don't use sugar (as in the white stuff) in coffee, teas or anything like that....but I know I cave big time for chocolate and such

Dreaming my life away.... emmie's Avatar
    emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mybestgirl
    Well what I mean by that is that aren't processed.
    Honey, maple syrup, and brown rice syrup are unprocessed. Brown sugar, however, is white sugar with molasses added to it. This is nit-picky, really...
    Follow your conscience and choose foods that make your body feel good.

- Emma
    Please call me Emma....