Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'1", 116 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8046
    MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit MauiZos's BodySpace

Question Sources of Electrolytes?

I've mentioned a few times before that I'm training for a half marathon in a few weeks. I'm finding after my long runs (like today, 13.3 miles) that I cannot seem to properly rehydrate myself. I drank 1.5 litres of water during my run and probably another 2L afterwards, but I still have a big headache. My best guess is that I'm not replacing the electrolyes I'm losing and that I should probably be drinking gatorade.

Problem is that I loathe the idea of drinking gatorade because of the sugar and artificial dyes, etc. Is there a natural source of electrolytes that I could eat/drink instead?
    There is no such thing as good or bad, only thinking makes it so

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself

The biggest burden is a great potential

Stats: 5'6", 119 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5638
    Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Amris has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Amris's BodySpace
    www.body-electric.com Get their Lyte Matrix, you can just put a few drops into your water, or some juice, and good to go.

Stats: 5'1", 116 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8046
    MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MauiZos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit MauiZos's BodySpace
    Thanks for the tip Amris. That definitely sounds like a better alternative.

But in what foods do electrolytes occur naturally? I don't know what an electrolyte IS exactly, but surely they must exist somewhere in nature...
    There is no such thing as good or bad, only thinking makes it so

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself

The biggest burden is a great potential

Stats: 5'6", 148 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4536
    specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) specialkay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit specialkay's BodySpace
    I purchased some Vitamin Water from Target. If you read the ingredients it lists electrolytes and doesn't have all the sugar that gatorade has. Also, GNC's Women's Ultra Mega Active Women's multivitamin has electrolytes added which I've recently switched to.

elle effsea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I'm brand-new to this forum and this is my first post (I'm excited about it, so I thought I'd share). Anyways a great source of natural electrolytes is coconut water. It also has medium-chain fatty acids, which are very good for you and really hard to find as well. You can usually find whole coconuts at health food stores (I buy organic) and you just open'em up. I usually mix it into some water with lemon added for flavor. It is suprisingly not very cocnut-tasting (which is good for me b/c I've never been found of them) I guess all of that flavor is in the meaty part of the nut. If buying a whole one is not an option, there is a packaged brand that most natural food stores sell as well- it comes in little cartons and they add apple or acai flavor to it. It's good as well, but fresher is more nutritious. If you reallt hate cocnuts, you could add a pinch of sea-salt to your water (not enough to taste, and Celtic is best)- it helps with absorption. Good luck with your marathon!