Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Take2ofThese&WalkItOut Reggie20x6's Avatar
    Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reggie20x6 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is it dumb to repeat the old saying of "If you want big arms, you've got to deadlift and squat"?

Otherwise, the secret to gaining big arms is simple:

1) Eat a lot of calories, everyday ("a lot" will vary depending on the calories you're eating now, and your weight).
    2) Lift heavy weights.

There is no secret to this game, big arms, or muscles in general don't happen over night.

The fact that you guys started lifting at 15, 16, or 17 will only pay off in "muscle maturity" later on in life.

I can't even begin to tell you how much more of a beast I'd be if I started lifting at 15, instead of a couple of years later.

Your time will come, just keep lifting hard and eating big. You'll get there.
    Photo Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140023453 (with pics of me in my underwear!!!)

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kloczko979
    ur over trainin ur arms
    How do you know?

Originally Posted by kloczko979
    because this is called over training which could cause u to lose size.... ur muscles don't grow while ur workin out they grow when they are healin... and ur muscles heal while u are resting... if you train them arms almsot everyday you won't let ur muscles rest...
    You can't overtrain a muscle. Overtraining is when you overwork your CNS. So, theoretically, if your CNS was conditioned to handle it, you could work a particular muscle every day and not overtrain.

Originally Posted by WCC
    i know.
    but he's 130lbs. i'm 158; i have almost 30lbs on him and my arms are still smaller.
    if we were the same weight it wouldn't bother me so much. but when i have 28lbs on them and my arms are still smaller, i can't help but wonder WTF is going on.
    Dude... he's 5'5". He doesn't have to weigh as much as you do to have the same sized (or bigger) arms.

nothing but a peppercorn Rambo26's Avatar
    Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It gets harder after initial gains for a start

Also alot of us with not great arm genetics just have to put on 10 to even 20 pounds for an inch on out arms, it takes time!
    All posts should be considered in the correct context, especially those in the Misc section.

Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer
    My arms are the same size, but I don't think the rep range matters a whole lot. Just the intensity. I think the rep range can be anywher from 6-15 actually. I agree that I have also not done unilateral movements. I only do that for concentration curls or sometimes preacher curls.
    thats my theory man if every1 started puttin 2 hands on **** people would have a lot bigger arms as well as everything elese ive never really used machines either except for pushdowns to warm up

big weight big calories big arms
    "Everyday I feel like I become less of a man but more of a legened"

milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Reggie20x6
    Is it dumb to repeat the old saying of "If you want big arms, you've got to deadlift and squat"?

Otherwise, the secret to gaining big arms is simple:

1) Eat a lot of calories, everyday ("a lot" will vary depending on the calories you're eating now, and your weight).
    2) Lift heavy weights.

There is no secret to this game, big arms, or muscles in general don't happen over night.

The fact that you guys started lifting at 15, 16, or 17 will only pay off in "muscle maturity" later on in life.

I can't even begin to tell you how much more of a beast I'd be if I started lifting at 15, instead of a couple of years later.

Your time will come, just keep lifting hard and eating big. You'll get there.

Just about everything this guy said is all that needs to be said.
    I hate stupid.

I sleep with my fan on... nekkidbear's Avatar
    nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nycurse
    im 5"5 and i weight 130. im 15 and i have 12.75 arms. i work out my ticeps, and biceps 3 times a week for reps of 10 and sets of 4
    Thats overtraining man... you should be working them once and maybe twice a week at most.
    Meow

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nateakabear05
    Thats overtraining man... you should be working them once and maybe twice a week at most.
    And how did you come up with this decision? What criteria do you have that he has met for you to decide that he is overtraining?