Rushifaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How to lose fat when you can't do much cardio due to knee injury...?

As stated above.
    I had a perm knee injury due to too much running with a perm unstable ankle with fracture which ends up damaging my knee over time.

Now I can hardly run 800 metres without having a sharp pain in my knee immediately and thus I can't do much cardio (Other than walking.)

Other than watching your diet and eating supplement what other things can I do to help...?

I certainly doesn't know anything other than cardio that would help as much but unfortunately I can't do much effective cardio due to this injury.

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's all about diet. You don't need cardio to lose fat. Make sure you're in a calorific deficit but ensure sufficient protein and EFAs, and lift weights to maintain muscle. You will lose fat.
    Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by monkeydan
    It's all about diet. You don't need cardio to lose fat. Make sure you're in a calorific deficit but ensure sufficient protein and EFAs, and lift weights to maintain muscle. You will lose fat.
    he said

"Other than watching your diet and eating supplement what other things can I do to help...?"

I'm assuming you lift weights, you should probably read up on circuit training
    "I shoot I score, He shoots I score" - Dan Gable

"Doesn't it say in the bible...
    And on the fifth day God invented iron for man to lift. And lift it he did. And strong he did become. And good he found this to be. And God said unto He, go and lift and be strong and be good.

stop wishing and get lifting." - joekerr31

jagxk800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

There are definately other ways to burn fat without high-impact cardio. (ie running)

I currently have a bad ankle and, like you, I can't run any meaningful distance without pain. Have you tried your knee out on an elliptical trainer? They're much easier on your joints but are still a great alternative to running. You could also try biking (either stationary or outdoors).

If you find those to be unsuitable for your injury (or even if they work great), make sure you do some form of weight training. Not only will you build muscle (which will burn calories), but if you keep up a nice pace throughout your workout you can really get your heart pumping.

Also, be sure drink lots of water. That's one of the things that works best for me!

I Hope that helps!
    5'11" - 173lbs - Cutting

Optimum 100% Whey Protein
    Multi-Vitamin
    Fish Oil

manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    swimming is very good on the joints

Ishbu3116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by manty504
    swimming is very good on the joints
    Agree 100%. I you cannot run diet is very important. Losing weight without cardio is not very difficult, it is just a little slower of a process. So swimming is great to go with weight training and the pounds will melt off. Just make diet a priority and it will pay off in the long run.
    Currently: Cutting
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 153 LBS
    Bench Press: 200
    Squat: 250
    Deadlift: 270
    RAW: 720