thebigdude11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fitness Gear Ulimate Utility Bench

Has anyone heard of the brand Fitness Gear? I just bought this bench which has a curl and leg extention attachment. The guy at Dick's Sporting Good said that 300lb plus body weight is fine. I can' t seem to find the max weight capacity anywhere. I can't find any info on the brand "fitness gear" let alone info on the bench. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this bench or the brand .

Thank you!!

-eric

so its an inferior bench?

Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is the only site I could find, see if you can find your bench here..Good luck
    http://www.fitnessgear101.com/weight...ing-equipment/
    HuH?

It's listed as $180 .. the original price was at the $300 range. Does this sound like a quality bench would cost? or atleast a bench that has a max capacity of 600lb+

tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fitness Gear is Hoist's lower-end brand. It's not as good as Hoist but it is not bad (certainly better than most of the Marcy, Impex, Gold's, Etc. benches).

Thank YOU! no wonder why i couldnt find anything about fitness gear

I just emailed Hoist's support. They said that they do not manufacture anything under the name Fitness Gear. theyactualy do manufacture stuff under the name Body Gear though.
    Last edited by thebigdude11; 07-25-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't someone at Dick's let you look at the manual? It will state the capacity.

i have the manual, no where in it does it says the capacity.

Soldier Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fitness Gear is ok in my opinion. I have their curl bar and weights which are good enough. I saw their basic olympic bench and it gets the job done; buying that seems good if it as an area for squats.

Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fitness gear is made for dick by another company, dicks store and online know nothing about fitness gear products. I've often ask about capacities of their equipment and they only guess. One time I was asking about this squat rack, it was a real good deal, it has a smith part, and cable crossovers too. I asked how much the spotters could hold and he said about 400lb, I said that it was a shame coz I liked it but my max was 415lb and I wanted something that I could keep maxing out on (hoping for 550lb one day), the guy then said, oh actually its max is 800lb. I asked him if I could see the manual and its didnt say what the max was. He didnt know how to contact the fitness gear makers to ask and neither did his boss. Dont shop at dicks anymore, that was the last straw, the first straw was when they use to sell dumbbells for .39 per lb coz gaylians (their compitition) sold them for .49, they the bought out that chain and now sell dumbbells for .59c per lb (.69 at one point), okay, I'll quit my bitchin'

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I bought one of their benches about a year ago and I must say I was disappointed. The weight capacity was 350 pounds which means I could basically do nothing on it. So I use it as an extra seat in my gym. It's pretty much worthless to be honest with you...
    Matt Weik, BS, CSCS, CPT, CSN
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Too much space ?

Isn't this too much space between back & seat, to be comfortable ?

not really, i guess i got use to it.

Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Poncho428 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never felt safe w/ those benches that use a pin to adjust the angle of the bench. I prefer the ones that have a lip that the adjustment arm rests on. At the minimum, I'd go to the hardware store and get a grade 8 bolt to replace that on above the adjustment pin.

totalsixpack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree and did the same with mine.
    Last edited by totalsixpack; 10-01-2008 at 10:09 AM.

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why does everyone keep bumping all ass threads? My god.

I don't know if FG improved their design in the recent years, but I have one of their benches that is rated for 600lbs and it's good. Never had any trouble with it.

So, since this is now bumped, for the record, this bench has a 600lb limit:

candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10) candt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I own this bench too, and I like it. In the flat position there is a bit of a gap between the two sections, so I purchased a flat bench for flat db work. For incline presses, curls, shoulder press, I love this bench. It does have a 600 lb rating. A buddy of mine and I used to work out on an older Fitness Gear olympic width bench, and we used it for 2 years with no issues. Even going as heavy as 280 or so

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can't use it for shoulder presses, it doesn't incline far enough for me. That's the one thing I don't like about it, but I guess it's better as I use more muscles keeping myself upright while pressing heavy weights.

mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mfcplflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I own the Fitness Gear Ultimate Smith - Functional Trainer its a smith machine/power rack, cable crossover combo. It's very sturdy and the cable's are really smooth. Fitness Gear makes some really nice equipment, thats very sturdy.

manste20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im from Canada does anyone know where I can but fitness gear products online or something?

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seriously? You made an account here and your first post is to (for the second time) revive an ancient thread about Fitness Gear Equipment?

I just find that difficult to believe.

But, just because I'm a nice guy.........Fitness Gear is the house brand of a chain of Fitness Stores here in the states. I'm not sure if that chain is in Canada, but it is referenced in this thread.....so you can probably figure it out.

And like JFindon, I had one of their benches and I liked it too. Although mine wasn't like his, it was all black, made by Nautilus, and had an 800 lb capacity. They no longer make that one though and have went to a cheaper design that looks amazingly like a Bowflex Bench. I didn't like it and it seemed very cheaply made.

I would rate all of the fitness gear stuff on a case by case basis as its apparently hit or miss.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

bucciap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fitness gear brand + canada

I haven't read through all the posts...just most of them..but anyways, I'm researching who manufactures Fitness Gear as well.
    When I bought my Fitness Gear Power Tower from Play it Again Sports in Burlington Ontario a few years ago, the sales agent told me that the manufacturer was an Ontario based company. However, I can't seem to find any record (address, telelphone, etc.) to prove him right.
    I wouldn't recommend the power tower though...not sure about bench....my pull up bar holes (where the screws go in) were not machined properly (one wouldn't even go in)...and the welding along the bottom floor support has actually started to split open.
    I would likely assume that it is produced in China, as another manufacturer's bottom end lineup. I have spotted pics of a similar looking peices of equipment produced by Body Vision...but that led me to a company called Body Max...and from there the trail gets cold.....hope this helps.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, since 2009 when keetman last posted, we have all been desperate for a answer.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeroc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Little help please

I've just bought one of these fitness gear trainer smith machinesaid from a guy. He took it apart and didn't have the manual comes to find out. Nowe if got at least 95% completed but I can't find absolutely anything online for the pulley system. Does anyone still have the manual or at least have the machine to take pics for me please that'd be awesome. I've even tried Dicks sporting goods but they have nothing. Thanks.

Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000) Ramcharger310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Please stop bumping old Fitness Gear threads.
    "I love the smell of stall mats in the morning."