NeedRips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Should i be cutting or bulking?

Goal: Increase strength.
    Issue: I'm probably an 20-25% bf person, so im not sure if i should bulk(increase strength, lifting weights, full body workout) or cut(lose fat). Any tips on what i should do?

I'm thinking since im 15, i should continue to increase strength & lift weights instead of focusing on fat loss.
    What do you guys think?

I do weigh like 96kg...

coreydreyton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreydreyton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NeedRips View Post
    Goal: Increase strength.
    Issue: I'm probably an 20-25% bf person, so im not sure if i should bulk(increase strength, lifting weights, full body workout) or cut(lose fat). Any tips on what i should do?

I'm thinking since im 15, i should

continue to increase strength & lift weights instead of focusing on fat loss.
    What do you guys think?

I do weigh like 96kg...
    im 16 and always think i should cut cause my 6 pack has gone, but if i cut im not gunna be gaining as much muscle or strength (ill probably do it wrong and loose some).
    to answer your question, youre 15 and should bulk until your 18.
    if you dont want to gain any more fat at all just gain muscle steadily and dont cut or bulk, but dont cut yet youll just end up looking like the average kid.

joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuadelapenha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't need to have shredded abs. IMO they are extremely overrated.

At 20-25% you could benefit from a little cut. People in here might say that you shouldn't cut because of your age but we are talking about getting to a healthier bf% not a contest prep. From there you should eat in a very small surplus.
    Inquiries: delapenhafitness@gmail.com

Squat-375 September 2013
    Bench-275 January 2014
    Deadlift-450x2 March 2014

LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joshuadelapenha View Post
    You don't need to have shredded abs. IMO they are extremely overrated.

At 20-25% you could benefit from a little cut. People in here might say that you shouldn't cut because of your age but we are talking about getting to a healthier bf% not a contest prep. From there you should eat in a very small surplus.
    This exactly (reps). You are young and at quite a high bodyfat. I strongly recommend cleaning up your diet and returning to a healthy bodyfat (12-16) before entering a small (300 calorie) surplus.
    Sponsored mens physique athlete/fitness model

Originally Posted by LGartner View Post
    This exactly (reps). You are young and at quite a high bodyfat. I strongly recommend cleaning up your diet and returning to a healthy bodyfat (12-16) before entering a small (300 calorie) surplus.
    Can i bulk for few months then go cut?

LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50) LGartner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would not recommend it. It will simply make your cutting process a lot slower. Clean up your diet youre still a young guy and should not be at such a high bodyfat.

Originally Posted by LGartner View Post
    I would not recommend it. It will simply make your cutting process a lot slower. Clean up your diet youre still a young guy and should not be at such a high bodyfat.
    Advice taken. At what bodyfat level can i start bulking?
    Also, can i lift while trying to lose weight/bf(I read, lifting helps with fat lose)?
    Will i gain muscles while losing bf?
    How many calories should i target a day to lose weight(For a 15yo)?

Rizz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Advice taken. At what bodyfat level can i start bulking?
    Also, can i lift while trying to lose weight/bf(I read, lifting helps with fat lose)?
    Will i gain muscles while losing bf?
    How many calories should i target a day to lose weight(For a 15yo)?

i heard that your suppost to eat half of what your eating, so basically cut down on everything and just eat smaller but healthier quantities and if you work out and burn more than you ate your going to lose no matter what, so try that.

Originally Posted by Rizz97 View Post
    i heard that your suppost to eat half of what your eating, so basically cut down on everything and just eat smaller but healthier quantities and if you work out and burn more than you ate your going to lose no matter what, so try that.
    Do not cut your calories in half! Eat again at a healthy deficit (300-500).

hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hectahs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dont count your calories at your age, seriously all you need to do is eat healthier, and just stop at one plate. Make sure your parents are making you healthy lunch and dinners, and ensure youre not pigging out in between. This combined with whatever exercise you are doing will guarantee you lose the weight
    Future Colorado crew

thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Considering you're only 15. If I were you I'd just try and eat somewhere around maintenance and train.

Assuming you weren't weight training before you'll loose weight and build strength and some muscle at the same time.

wpaincomesgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Can i bulk for few months then go cut?
    Cut before you bulk. Because if you cut first, a person with 10-14% BF can easily bulk and gain muscle and less fat compared to a 20~above% person

Originally Posted by hectahs View Post
    dont count your calories at your age, seriously all you need to do is eat healthier, and just stop at one plate. Make sure your parents are making you healthy lunch and dinners, and ensure youre not pigging out in between. This combined with whatever exercise you are doing will guarantee you lose the weight
    Originally Posted by thebighazza View Post
    Considering you're only 15. If I were you I'd just try and eat somewhere around maintenance and train.

Assuming you weren't weight training before you'll loose weight and build strength and some muscle at the same time.
    Since i'm not gonna focus on weight loss, to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, should i consume my average RMR amount(2235) or 300-500 more than that?
    Should i be consuming a certain amount of protein(since im 15, some told me not to, some said i should)?

thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebighazza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since i'm not gonna focus on weight loss, to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, should i consume my average RMR amount(2235) or 300-500 more than that?
    Should i be consuming a certain amount of protein(since im 15, some told me not to, some said i should)?

If 2235 is your maintenance calories then yes, I'd eat around that many calories per day.

In terms of protein the general recommendation is 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight so I'd try and stick to that.

Originally Posted by thebighazza View Post
    If 2235 is your maintenance calories then yes, I'd eat around that many calories per day.

In terms of protein the general recommendation is 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight so I'd try and stick to that.
    And carbs? With one of the diets i came up with, which was vegetarian, caused me to go over 500g of carbs a day

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And carbs? With one of the diets i came up with, which was vegetarian, caused me to go over 500g of carbs a day
    Protein and fat have minimums you need to reach (~.8 grams of protein per pound, and .4 gram of fat) to maintain health; after that calories can come from carbs/protein/fat as you want.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Protein and fat have minimums you need to reach (~.8 grams of protein per pound, and .4 gram of fat) to maintain health; after that calories can come from carbs/protein/fat as you want.
    I'll need to consume around 200g of protein, but what about fat, i'm a bit confused as to how much fat intake i should have.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll need to consume around 200g of protein, but what about fat, i'm a bit confused as to how much fat intake i should have.
    .4 grams per pound of body weight is about the recommendation- dietary fat is very important for proper hormone function.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100) judogainz is not very well liked. (-100)
    cut all the way dude and make those sloots line up

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're 15, you shouldnt be restricting your caloric intake. Just eat and lift
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew