Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

is it true that if you dont work out your legs your upper body wont grow as fast?

is it true that if you dont work out your legs your upper body wont grow as fast? i made the mistake of not working my legs that much (once a month) for 2 years! i feel really bad if this is true...

Draco3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know if your upper body wont grow as fast,but I have heard you could hit a plateau alot faster Intense leg workouts can release some serious growth all over the body-Don't feel bad about it as long as your working 'em now you'll probably see some nice gains overall..

joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I read that the working of legs will increase the amount of testosterone released in the bodt since they're such a large muscle group and will therefore increase the size of other bodyparts as well.

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    actually working the legs will create lactate which in turn will aid in growth hormone. I beleive working the legs should be #1 priority.

mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Dorian
    actually working the legs will create lactate which in turn will aid in growth hormone. I beleive working the legs should be #1 priority.
    Yeah dude, it should be your fav. workout day...well i LOVE working my legs!
    Shut n Squat!

Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irishman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No doubt! The legs are beyond important - they are a MUST! I think the guys in my gym (and there are several) that show up and do chest 3-4 days a week are rediculous. They've got good upperbodies but corny looking chicken-legs! I think it's just plain being a pussy in the gym -the chest is fun to work, but the legs...legs require determination!
    "Feelin' Good Is Good Enough!"

thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you have small legs then your like a truck with 5 inch wheels. you cannot go too far without working legs. plus legs make up more than 50% of your total muscles so by working them out more growth hormone and testosterone outputs are guaranteed.
    squats and deadlifts are definitely the most mass building excercises by far.

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're like me you probably don't like working yoru legs too much but it is imperative that you do. I usually make my leg workouts the first of the week to insure that I am completely focused and give my legs 100% of the attention that they need.

SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good points guys!!!!..... Legs includes some of the biggest muscles in the body.. and I think I have read that by working out the legs that this creates more of a testosterone boost in your body.. ANyone else see this??

§

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well hit there,

Your upper body will grow up to a point, if it's worked with out the legs, but only up to a point, untill exersices are done for the legs, then growth will start again

Thank you Wayne

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nj wayne bringing up old posts

imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If you don't work your legs then your workout is "useless", just doing exercises for upper body won't get you very far, I won't get into details here.
    -Mortality-

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    While the importance of leg workouts is being wildly overstated here, it should be obvious that legs are an extremely important body part to work. If you want to get huge you HAVE to work your legs. I personally hate and dread leg day, I have to psych myself up for it starting two or three days in advance, but I love getting those stretch marks on my thighs.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

22 and still learning... steve_capron's Avatar
    steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steve_capron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's and old saying "You cant fire a cannon out of a rowing boat", if your legs are weak then not only will you be asthetically flawed you will be limiting your overall development.
    Currently taking:
    ON 100% Whey, Controlled Labs Green Mag & Animal Cuts

Next Move:
    Maybe Size On & Cytolean v2 ???

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well this is what i've gathered from my muscle magazine reading stint about a year ago.. stuff like muscle media n weider muscle and fitness.

if you train legs, since they're effectively and definitely the biggest muscle growth by mass, the resulting growth hormone release will add a boost to your overall muscular development. for an example of this, just look at world-class sprinters who give their legs high intensity workouts almost daily. i sincerely doubt they really work out their upper body that hard as people would think they do. and i sincerely believe that less of them do steroids than is widely claimed. simply because of that.

i didn't use to add legs to my routine, but when i did, my strength and muscular growth increased visibly.

besides, what's a good physique if you have chicken legs?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    legs once or twice a week?
    I need hockey

TTRAIDER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i heard this somewhere don't remeber where though... DO you ever see a big tree with small roots?

xcjetta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcjetta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcjetta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcjetta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Irishman
    No doubt! The legs are beyond important - they are a MUST! I think the guys in my gym (and there are several) that show up and do chest 3-4 days a week are rediculous. They've got good upperbodies but corny looking chicken-legs! I think it's just plain being a pussy in the gym -the chest is fun to work, but the legs...legs require determination!
    Two of them there last night. Spindle legs and huge biceps. Not big guys either.

Real men (and women) do Squats

I neglected my legs for a while until I learned how important it is.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by london402
    If you are training your legs with proper intensity trust me that you'll only want to do them once a week.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

ibslimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibslimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibslimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

leg day

is 3 sets of squats a good enough workout on leg day,or do i have to do more than just that?

GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GoB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think legs helping upper body grow faster is a myth so the beginners work their legs. Maybe there is a small benifit but I don't think nothing major :dunno: . On a side note: I love doing squats and deadlifts for overall body strenght. :buff:

fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuzzwazser will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Melkor
    If you are training your legs with proper intensity trust me that you'll only want to do them once a week.
    My "intensity" is high and I train them 3 times a week.

2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard that working your legs releases growth hormones and will help build ur upper body too, but does anyone have any articles on this or something?

is there a best day to do legs? like if youre trying to focus on back would it be better to work out legs the day before so the growth hormones are released the day before an intense back workout, or is there no sense to this?
    btw what is this "growth hormone"?

X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-EVIL-X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2ill4brasil
    I've heard that working your legs releases growth hormones and will help build ur upper body too, but does anyone have any articles on this or something?

is there a best day to do legs? like if youre trying to focus on back would it be better to work out legs the day before so the growth hormones are released the day before an intense back workout, or is there no sense to this?
    btw what is this "growth hormone"?
    good question. when i heard this back in march i started doing squats followed by wide grip pullups because i wanted to build my back a little more and arms. dont know if it made that process faster because my body was releasing more testosterone at that time. anybody know?
    my pic
    [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/sickceli/start2years.jpg[/url]

cord1928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Working legs is hard work, but necessary. They're real good at making you throw up, the ultimate sign of a good workout.

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by london402
    Im doing hammies on one day and quads on another

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cord1928
    Working legs is hard work, but necessary. They're real good at making you throw up, the ultimate sign of a good workout.
    No matter how hard I train them i nver feel nauseous.

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cord1928
    uh a good workout has nothing to do with throwing up :P

well, i looked it up on the bb.com website. could take it with a pinch of salt, i quote:

Many people give their legs a weak workout at best or skip over them completely in favor of training their arms or chest more. This is a costly mistake to make. Not only does training legs help pack on lean mass it also helps keep of fat. When you do a heavy, intense leg workout your growth hormone spikes.
    its from this page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/masslegs.htm

another page which says the same thing : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hale3.htm
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've actually seen the opposite... I've stopped leg training for a few weeks due to a back injury, and I've seen some gains on the upper body. I've been sticking to dips, pullups/chins for the most part. Weird. :-/
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

Originally Posted by Steveo31
    I've actually seen the opposite... I've stopped leg training for a few weeks due to a back injury, and I've seen some gains on the upper body. I've been sticking to dips, pullups/chins for the most part. Weird. :-/
    it's possible you were straining your lower back too much during your leg workouts , ie deadlifts. if your lower back is exhuasted, you won't be able to do dips/pullups/ chins as well as you would if the lower back is fully revved up to go.