LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The Vegetarian Cut Diet

I just finished reading the book and like many others, I read it in one sitting. Great book with alot of ideas I had never encountered in other books on cutting.

I'm already trying to implement alot of things from the book into my own cutting program. The main obstacle I have in this, or just about any other program is the fact that I'm a vegetarian.

The two main staples of my diet are whey and vegetarian burgers. The burgers I eat have 130 cals, 5g of carbs, and 5g of fat. Could I get by replacing the chicken and fish with these burgers? I normally eat two at a time with no bun.

http://www.kelloggs.com/cgi-bin/bran...331&company=23

So far I've been eating about 6 burgers per day and supplementing the rest of my protein needs with cottage cheese and whey. I'm eating vegetables with almost every meal and 4-6 tabelspoons of peanut butter per day with meals.

Any suggestions on what I might need to modify to make this diet work?
    "From apes or sons of God, let every act be sacred. " Killing Joke

koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) koshi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what type of veggie are you, can you have eggs? are you veggie for health reasons or religious/philosophical ?

i have heard that veggie bodybuilders like bill pearl would cheat and eat meat when they needed to.

LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I stocked up on green beans and asparagus for vegetables. I'll probably try to stick with those for the most part. I always melt Smart Balance on top of the vegetables for fat.

I don't eat eggs because I hate them, but they're not a dietary restriction. I know the burgers I eat have eggs as an ingredient.

I'm not a strict vegetrian but I do it for philosophical reasons primarily. Eggs and dairy aren't things I need to worry about eliminating....although I don't like either very much on their own. I can swallow down some cottage cheese and chase it with a diet coke, but eggs I just can't stomach.

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LJ57
    I stocked up on green beans and asparagus for vegetables. I'll probably try to stick with those for the most part. I always melt Smart Balance on top of the vegetables for fat.

I don't eat eggs because I hate them, but they're not a dietary restriction. I know the burgers I eat have eggs as an ingredient.

I'm not a strict vegetrian but I do it for philosophical reasons primarily. Eggs and dairy aren't things I need to worry about eliminating....although I don't like either very much on their own. I can swallow down some cottage cheese and chase it with a diet coke, but eggs I just can't stomach.
    So you don't eat meat, but you drink diet coke?

I would imagine that the diet coke would be less natural than what most vegetarians would deem.

arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its not a matter of being natural but more so the way that the animals are treated, thats why most people choose to be vegetarians, i don't know if this is the case, but don't criticize a man for drinking diet coke and not eating meat, its not comparable

Aside from being vegetarian, there's nothing really natural about my diet. When I'm not cutting, I drink real Coke and eat candy bars and all kinds of other unnatural crap. I'm not one of these 'natural' or 'organic' people.

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by arnold23
    its not a matter of being natural but more so the way that the animals are treated, thats why most people choose to be vegetarians, i don't know if this is the case, but don't criticize a man for drinking diet coke and not eating meat, its not comparable
    From a health aspect, it sure is damned comparable, the last time I checked this was a bodybuilding forum.

But yeah, I guess if you care about the treatment of animals, vegetarian is the way to go.

The way I see it, more meat for me

The reasons for my choice of diet are probably best releagted to the Misc. forum. Even outside of this thread, I'm not on a crusade to convert others to vegetarianism. It's a personal choice I've made.

I'm simply seeking feedback here on how to best follow the Cut Diet on a vegetarian diet. The main issue is whether my alternatives to chicken/fish would work well. I think I've got the fats and vegetables down as well as anyone else following the diet.

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LJ57
    The reasons for my choice of diet are probably best releagted to the Misc. forum. Even outside of this thread, I'm not on a crusade to convert others to vegetarianism. It's a personal choice I've made.

I'm simply seeking feedback here on how to best follow the Cut Diet on a vegetarian diet. The main issue is whether my alternatives to chicken/fish would work well. I think I've got the fats and vegetables down as well as anyone else following the diet.
    I am a lifetime vegetarian bodybuilder. I have good mass and manage to stay lean all year. My staples are oatmeal and whey protein. I also make sure to take in at least two table spoons of flax oil or olive oil (or a combination of both) every day. I would drop at least some of the peanut butter from your diet if you are looking to lean up. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss diet in more depth.

chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) chaka will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Originally Posted by 1devil
    I am a lifetime vegetarian bodybuilder. I have good mass and manage to stay lean all year. My staples are oatmeal and whey protein. I also make sure to take in at least two table spoons of flax oil or olive oil (or a combination of both) every day. I would drop at least some of the peanut butter from your diet if you are looking to lean up. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss diet in more depth.

You haven't read the cut diet book have you?
    The body can achieve what the mind can conceive

Great Diet + Plenty of Exercise + Plenty of Rest = Results