Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Hairy Nipple
    i know this must sound random as ****, but i want to increase my jaw muscles size to achieve a tougher more manly looking face. there are muscles there, so obviously they can be made bigger, all i need to know is how? i cant find anything about muscle building exercises for the jaw, but there must be something you can do?

also with guys like jay cutler and the guy on deathrow from prison break who have very masculine, tough looking jaws i have noticed these types of guys always have really thick necks. is that part of what creates the powerful jaw look?

Here's what you do! Get some corks from wine bottles, chew on them whenever your at home. Tada! Your welcome!

P.S. Not too hard when you start out!!! Work up to it.
    Beauty is only skin deep, but bad is to the bone!

Australian Guy Abroad 2MuChBoDyFaT's Avatar
    2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

Originally Posted by ScrillaKeith
    Going by this logic, nobody would get pec implants, because they could just work out.

------------------

Decent Pecs:

Hard way ---> Lots of hours at the gym, eating well, sleeping well
    Easy way ---> Implants

Conclusion: Huge difference in level of difficulty

---------

Decent Jaw/Face:

"Hard Way" ---> Chewing hubba bubba all day
    Easy way ---> Implants

Conclusion: Much the same

------------------

I agree to disagree with you ScrillaKeith

Appreciate a good debate Cheers ~

- 2much
    Current Stack:

Controlled Labs Pink Bits
    Controlled Labs Green Frogs
    Controlled Labs Black Death
    Controlled Labs Purple Haze
    Controlled Labs Gold Bullion
    Controlled Labs Red Eyes

whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2MuChBoDyFaT
    THE JAW IS A BONE. yes there are muscles in your face, but you can't "sculpt" them with exercises to change the line of your jaw or make your face more manly.....which was the question asked by the thread starter !
    Your collar bone can change with the developement of your traps, so I would assume it is the same with the jaw.

Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's not even close to true. How do you think the jaw opens and closes?
    That's like saying you can't get bigger arms, because they're bones!
    http://vancouvermassage.ca/images/spot07.jpg
    If you look at the figure you posted, you'll see that, except for the masseter, the muscles of mastication and facial expression don't attach to the lower border of the mandible, so they're not going to have any effect on how angular the mandible looks.

The only muscle that does is the platysmus (the lowest muscle in this fig), which is flat and is responsible for covering the neck more than moving the head or mandible.

Having a more "masculine looking" jaw after losing weight is probably caused by having less fat in the neck and face to smooth out the jaw line.

The person who mentioned bones changing shape with muscles putting more or less stress on them has the right idea, but there aren't any muscles that put that kind of pressure on the mandible.

About women on steroids with manly looking jaws. That's called acromegaly and is caused by abnormally high levels of growth hormone.

DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DieselNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you want to achieve a bigger jaw then I reccomend squats. They release growth hormones into the body which will make your whole body grow which includes your jaw muscles. Just make sure when you do them you hold the barbell with your mouth.

ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nick29
    If you look at the figure you posted, you'll see that, except for the masseter, the muscles of mastication and facial expression don't attach to the lower border of the mandible, so they're not going to have any effect on how angular the mandible looks.

The only muscle that does is the platysmus (the lowest muscle in this fig), which is flat and is responsible for covering the neck more than moving the head or mandible.

The person who mentioned bones changing shape with muscles putting more or less stress on them has the right idea, but there aren't any muscles that put that kind of pressure on the mandible.
    http://www.emedicine.com/plastic/top...ction~pictures
    2muchbodyfat- I know you disagree, but just take a look at these pictures. These are people who get surgery for the complete opposite reasons, to round out the jaw (because of masseteric hypertrophy).
    www.ScrillaBeats.com

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

Originally Posted by DieselNZ
    If you want to achieve a bigger jaw then I reccomend squats. They release growth hormones into the body which will make your whole body grow which includes your jaw muscles. Just make sure when you do them you hold the barbell with your mouth.
    But if you do too many squats you'll get a big squat butt and jaws too big also, like this guy did:
    Attached Images
    Time To Re-Schedule

Registered User ericszimmerman3's Avatar
    ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ericszimmerman3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All you have to do is take cell tech

SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SG3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    U heard of Facebuilder for Men?

Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick29 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.emedicine.com/plastic/top...ction~pictures
    2muchbodyfat- I know you disagree, but just take a look at these pictures. These are people who get surgery for the complete opposite reasons, to round out the jaw (because of masseteric hypertrophy).
    That's interresting, but, as the article says, the exact cause of masseteric hypertrophy isn't really known.

What we really need to figure this out is a few dozen volunteers who are willing to eat a few packs of beef jerky a day for the next few years

ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nick29
    That's interresting, but, as the article says, the exact cause of masseteric hypertrophy isn't really known.

What we really need to figure this out is a few dozen volunteers who are willing to eat a few packs of beef jerky a day for the next few years
    I was just proving my point that hypertophy of the masseter is possible and that it DOES make a difference in the appearance of the jaw. Really I can't imagine any exercise that would significantly change it's shape. In that link, it says it's common with Asians. Maybe something that's been a staple in Asians' diets causes them the need to have very strong jaws. Who knows?
    www.ScrillaBeats.com

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My PR is 3 packs. I got a good spotter, though, so I like to push the envelope.
    lol! Funniest post today
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

l NiTRo l has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by creativedesignz
    wouldnt chewing gum, and leather and what not lead to TMJ very prematurely. After chewing a peice of gum for 2 or 3 hours my jaw feels like its gunna fall off.
    Try having a horny girlfriend...
    Can you HANG TOUGH with NiTRo?
    Shredded NiTRo, coming soon...

DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pickitup
    There is a Gay Joke lurking deeply in this thread...but I will refrain from going there.

Chew lots of gum and other tough things to increase jaw muscle strength. But opening the mouth uses different muscles I think...you should try to develop a way of doing a reverse chew by adding resistance to the opening of the mouth.

I hadn't even thought of that...I guess that's a good sign...but funny as hell.

This does sound like a strange question but in theory I guess you could develop those jaw muscles. Eat more overcooked steak I guess. Maybe chew on more taffy or hard caramel. It sounds to me like you're headed for dental problems though.

On a side note, it does suck that you can make your body more beautiful but not your face. You'll have to settle for hot bodies with similarly lacking mugs : ) But at least their asses will be spot on.

And NITRO...sounds like a tough life.

sandiegoguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandiegoguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandiegoguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandiegoguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandiegoguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandiegoguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sandiegoguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am pretty sure that your bones can grow as a result of weightlifting (any exercise science majors or people with physiological knowledge in here to comment?). I know for a fact that weight training in general makes your bones stronger so as you age they are stronger than they would be otherwise.

I've been using a head harness to work out my neck and it seems to work my jaw a little since when you pull up with your head it kind of uses all the muscles a little bit, I think that over time this can work to some extent to strengthen the muscles and possibly the bone.

Overall I think that cutting the BF% as low as possible along with muscle gain is the best way to bring out the jaw.

squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squat lover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sorry but you cant rip bone.

euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post

Heavy weight with low reps--steak--builds more mass than light weight high reps--gum. Gum is mainly for "toning."
    lol

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    attach some weights to some tough string. find a groove in your teeth and then do some reps

lol
    um, there are such as things as Tooth Deadlifts actually, I've heard of people going as heavy as 350....
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smaxh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this is how i built my jaw

Been chatting to a 14 year old girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try fellatio

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Reading bb.com posts sometimes.

I grind my teeth.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sandiegoguy View Post
    I am pretty sure that your bones can grow as a result of weightlifting (any exercise science majors or people with physiological knowledge in here to comment?). I know for a fact that weight training in general makes your bones stronger so as you age they are stronger than they would be otherwise.

yes, they do.

Any stress above 10% of breaking strength or so will cause bone density to increase.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Registered User ubermenschium19's Avatar
    ubermenschium19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots of beef jerky... maybe after a while you can start eating coconut shells and rocks.

MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strong bump
    Meet PR's
    565 dead(no belt)
    465 squat(no belt)
    315 bench(tendonitus)

Gym Pr's
    545x2(dead)(no belt)
    445 squat(no belt)
    375 bench
    230x5 standing military

Current location is Actually Cincinnati**

BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lean your head back, open your mouth, close it. Do 100 of those. 3 sets.
    Ron Paul 2012

ippikin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm getting an EMS unit soon... I'm going to try it on my masseters to see if I can build them. The problem with chewing and other manual jaw exercises is theat they involve other muscles higher up the jaw, creating a rounder look.

WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WAYSOUTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha, for real?! Your going to hook that up to your face? Whoa! Be careful man! I've got one, but have yet to hook up to my face, or my boys. Lets us know how it goes. Who knows, you might end up looking like the guy from the James Bond movies from the 70's. LOL. I believe his name was "JAWS".
    Beauty is only skin deep, but bad is to the bone!

Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10) Do_Little is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's just the overall shape of thier skull and jaw bone.

You would look retarded with ripped jaw muscles any way, your face would just look swollen like you had an allergic reaction.

ippikin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So do bulging biceps look 'retarded'? A strong jaw IS the masseter muscle... you can't see the bone because there is a muscel on top! Now the bone beneath does detirmine the width of the jaw, but so does the muscle. If both muscles got bigger, your jaw would get wider. SIMPLE. Riods effect TypeIIb fibres... roid heads get big jaws. Not because of bone but because of muscle.

I'll try the EMS, see how it goes. If not some guy told me he fits a gum sheild along the bottom teeth and hangs a weight on. I tried but it effects the upper jaw muscles as well.

If all else fails I'm sure topical DHT gel may make a difference...