MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000)

Barbell Bench to Dumbell Bench

I always do DB bench for a couple reasons..

1. I like the idea of isolating each pectoral.

2. The barbell bench is usually always taken and I don't bother waiting around.

Anyhow, I was just wondering what the weights on each roughly translate out to be? For example, I'm using 90 lb. dumbells for my sets, but can get 2-4 reps with the 100 lb. dumbells. What kind of weight does this typically translate into on the flat bench?

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You should be able to get 200 for 6-8 or maybe up to 10 on a flat barbell bench i would guess.

But everyones different.

Just try it.

MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pryme
    You should be able to get 200 for 6-8 or maybe up to 10 on a flat barbell bench i would guess.

But everyones different.

Just try it.
    True. It's been a while since I've been on the barbell bench, so I was just curious because everyone asks "what's your max bench?" and I can't really give them an honest answer haha. Plus, if I were to immediately jump on the barbell bench, my weight would start off slow because I'm not used to the technique, so it would probably take me a good couple weeks to get the proper technique down allowing to use all my strength.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pi r squared.

They're different exercises! It's like trying to convert your squat max to your row max.

Originally Posted by MusclesFlyers
    so I was just curious because everyone asks "what's your max bench?" and I can't really give them an honest answer haha.
    The people who ask that question (See http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=841555) typically curl more than their IQ. With each arm.
    Last edited by HoosierBoy; 07-20-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Originally Posted by HoosierBoy
    Pi r squared.

They're different exercises! It's like trying to convert your squat max to your row max.

The people who ask that question (See ) typically curl more than their IQ.
    What are you talking about bro. I'm not trying to convert numbers here. THey are different exercises, yes, but they both worth pecs as primary with triceps being secondary. They are both compound execises. I just wanted to see if anyone on here could give me an estimate. It's nothing like trying to convert your squat max to your row max.

And yes, typically speaking, those who do ask that question have no idea what they are talking about.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ther's no hard fixed/fast formula to convert.
    <->

TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MusclesFlyers
    True. It's been a while since I've been on the barbell bench, so I was just curious because everyone asks "what's your max bench?" and I can't really give them an honest answer haha. Plus, if I were to immediately jump on the barbell bench, my weight would start off slow because I'm not used to the technique, so it would probably take me a good couple weeks to get the proper technique down allowing to use all my strength.
    Tell them how much you squat and deadlift

Originally Posted by TheCore
    Tell them how much you squat and deadlift
    haha I do. I tell them every exercise really. I go down the list from DB flies to calf raises to t-bar row, etc.