strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

hernia or groin pull....

everything i've read so far puts a bulge with a hernia...i don't have a bulge!

my groin hurts if i turn my leg so my toes point outward while i walk...
    no pain in my testicles, and it doesn't hurt too bad if i stretch my groin

how the hell can i tell whether its a hernia or a groin pull, don't really feel like spendin $50 to go to my doctor, i'm trying to wait a few months until i finish my bulk, and my cut is over so i can get my bf checked...
    --I'm afraid of what I don't believe in--

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rest it, and see if it still hurts in a week. If it just happened yesterday, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have a hernia, so I don't understand how you could feel it in your groin. Mine is right next to my sac. I've had it for almost three years and I don't worry to much about it.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

lifting for short people utjock12's Avatar
    utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by danj112
    I have a hernia, so I don't understand how you could feel it in your groin. Mine is right next to my sac. I've had it for almost three years and I don't worry to much about it.
    ummmm.....ouch....?

sounds like a pull to me. could be out for a while, groins take a while to get better. sucks man.
    succeeding is not enough, others must fail.

Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just got a hernia repair just 2 weeks ago.

Um... I had one on the right side of the lower groin, but couldn't tell until like 6 months or plus later.

Anyways, I would DEFINITELY GET IT FIXED. Very dangerous to not get it fixed especially if you are lifting big.

Note: Dangerous as in fatal.

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by utjock12
    ummmm.....ouch....?

sounds like a pull to me. could be out for a while, groins take a while to get better. sucks man.
    No I went to a doctor for it. I went there "she" told me to rest for a week and come back and take a look at it again. I didn't rest, went back, didn't want to get naked for a 50 something year old woman again, and said F*ck it. Have worked around it ever since with little discomfort. Only time I really feel it is if I have gas, or going "full, ATG" range of motion on squats or leg press.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

Originally Posted by Jacked_J
    I just got a hernia repair just 2 weeks ago.

Um... I had one on the right side of the lower groin, but couldn't tell until like 6 months or plus later.

Anyways, I would DEFINITELY GET IT FIXED. Very dangerous to not get it fixed especially if you are lifting big.

Note: Dangerous as in fatal.
    Is that taking you out of lifting for a while?
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

Zigic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    on the subject of this what is the max weight you guys would reccomend lifting while standing without a belt support ??

I'm guessing it would vary from person to person, but is there a ball park figure.

thanks

strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yo jacked...could YOU(not just your doc) tell you had one...what made yours a hernia??? could YOU feel it if you touched it???

Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Noodle Salad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If it's an inguinal (groin) hernia, the test is that you have to flex your abs kind of like you're dropping the #2 and put your finger in under the pubic bone at the top of the sack (where you can feel the spermatic cord) and you should feel a bulge if it's a hernia. And you check on each side that way. Also, sometimes if it's a hernia it will hurt when standing for a long time and the pain will go away if you squat (as in squatting down to rest, not as in the exercise). Or it might hurt if you cough or strain as in deucing.

Keep in mind however, this is medical advice given over a web forum. So you know, no substitute for a real doctor and all that.
    Deepest, bluest. My hat is like a shark's fin.

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Noodle Salad
    If it's an inguinal (groin) hernia, the test is that you have to flex your abs kind of like you're dropping the #2 and put your finger in under the pubic bone at the top of the sack (where you can feel the spermatic cord) and you should feel a bulge if it's a hernia. And you check on each side that way. Also, sometimes if it's a hernia it will hurt when standing for a long time and the pain will go away if you squat (as in squatting down to rest, not as in the exercise). Or it might hurt if you cough or strain as in deucing.

Keep in mind however, this is medical advice given over a web forum. So you know, no substitute for a real doctor and all that.
    I had a groin/hip/low back injury on the same side for like 7 months. I went to doc a couple times and he thought it was ok, chiro did too, seemed like a bad muscle pull in the whole area! But i did physio and corrected my posture for the better and now i barely ever have pain there, if anything i feel a slighty stretching in my adductor muscle or around there. But sometimes i still wonder. But its still slowly getting better over time though so i dunno.

i can't feel it when i flex my abs, or even when i do butterfly's/other groin stretches...i only feel it when i twist my left leg(left side of groin) or when i stretch my hip flexor(kneeling hip flexor stretch) it hurts a little down my left leg too(my adductor muscle--one of them can't tell which...)

Inan222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What ended up happening I'm going through this exact thing now ??