catamount8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need help with chest

I am 18 years old and have been working out for about a year. I am very dissapointed in that i feel like my chest is not getting any stronger. I am seeing gains in everything but my chest. My bench press is only about 210 which is bad since i am athleticly built and weigh 210. I also cant seem to get a layer of fat off my lower pecs. Any information on what i can do to help my lower pecs, and my whole chest would help me greatly.

SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm the same, the gains in chest are comming extremely slow. Everything else is consistantly getting stronger but not chest, its really getting frustrating.

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by catamount8
    I am 18 years old and have been working out for about a year. I am very dissapointed in that i feel like my chest is not getting any stronger. I am seeing gains in everything but my chest. My bench press is only about 210 which is bad since i am athleticly built and weigh 210. I also cant seem to get a layer of fat off my lower pecs. Any information on what i can do to help my lower pecs, and my whole chest would help me greatly.
    it seems to me that you are worried more about your bench press than your chest. if you want to hit your whole chest these are the excercises i use.

BB bench press
    Incline bench press
    Dips(my new favorite excercise )

if you want to get stronger on bench, you have to train for bench. any powerlifter will tell you that, however if your goal is to make your chest look bigger and better the bench press may not be for you. many people find better results with excercises like DB incline press or even plate loaded machines. it all depends on what your goals are.

as for getting rid of fat off of your lower chest... you need to cut down on your bodyfat, or your chest may just have a droopy look in general. if the latter is the case then you need to hit the inclines harder.

poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

work the chest to failure

Originally Posted by catamount8
    My chest is probably the best worked part of my body, i get an incredible pump. I weigh 176lbs and am 17. I have tried a different technique for it- pyramid:
    Flat bench barbell- 15 reps:121lbs
    10 reps:143lbs
    8 reps:154lbs
    6 reps:165lbs
    2 sets 1 rep:187lbs
    4 reps:165lbs
    6 reps:143lbs
    Rep ot to failure:121lbs

Dumbell incline: 4 sets 8-10 reps

Flyes: 4 sets of 8

I get an amazing pump from this and work to absolute failure. You could try dumbell decline for your lower chest, i would definetely alternate using dumbells and barbells, use both. You can shift alot more with the barbells but dumbells i believe are harder and help balance. Also do flyes.
    If using my barbell technique you will increase your 1 rep max, as i have gone from 165lbs to 187lbs in like two weeks