Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by getripped37
    so u think if i did this program for three months i could cut my time from 8:00 a mile to like 6 or 5:45 a mile? or is it like bodybuilding u notice big difference just for new starters. thnx
    Like pretty much anything, you will see the best gains in the beginning. If you worked hard enough, I believe you could run 6 minute miles in 3 months. To do that, you need to push yourself pretty hard....and it will be painful at first.....but you have to keep going. Just remember, your body will do the work if your mind says it can.
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 175lbs
    BF%: 6%
    Vertical: 36"
    40 Yard: 4.46 FAT

B.S. Chemistry
    B.S. Microbiology

If I could choose one thing to talk about regarding strength training, it's that LESS = MORE.

Discipline, Motivation and Common Sense

getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    great so i can cut my time down. thnx i better get started on it, btw i liked that last line
    "I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about."
    Henry Ford

Higher power CEE
    Higher power ultimate mass
    Now Dextrose
    Now adam

your body will do the work if your mind says it can.
    Icyhot

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by getripped37
    aright i need some major help right away, i was told that i need to run a mile and half in 9:00 for a fitness test. right now i can run a mile in 8:00 minutes, any programs that can help, i have a month to get it to 9:00. plzzzzz help
    thnx in advance
    1.5 miles in 9:00 is screamin for anyone other than dedicated runners. Taking 2min off your pace AND adding another half mile in 30 days? Let us know how it goes.

What kind of fitness test you taking?

madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madmonkey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i agree with solidsnake 84. the best thing to do is run long distance. I run 6 miles a day and rarely even mess with the 1.5 a few months back before i was running long distances i was dong a 11:00 1.5 after training a while with just long distances i run 1.5 in 8:45- 9:00 depending on my shinsplints. so start out qith riunning 2 or 2.5 miles and gradually increase like a mile a week- i made the jumpo from 4miles to 6- buyt i paid for it with splints so whatever you do be carefull- if you do make a big jump in distance drop the running for a few 4-5 days to give your body time to recover.- let me guess is this test your SEAL Challenge PST?
    I break ****.

getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    no its actually for soccer tryouts! but thnx for the advice
    "I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about."
    Henry Ford

Higher power CEE
    Higher power ultimate mass
    Now Dextrose
    Now adam

your body will do the work if your mind says it can.
    Icyhot

manuchamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When practising for a mile and half dont run a mile and half.
    Run a mile to increase speed and run 2 miles the next session to increse endurance.

And eat pasta, slow burning carbs!!

IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10) IcyHot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by manuchamp
    When practising for a mile and half dont run a mile and half.
    Run a mile to increase speed and run 2 miles the next session to increse endurance.

And eat pasta, slow burning carbs!!
    Very few pastas are on the list of slow burning carbs. It had better be whole wheat and have some fiber in it. I would consider those medium GI at best.

B.S. Chemistry
    B.S. Microbiology

If I could choose one thing to talk about regarding strength training, it's that LESS = MORE.

Boxing_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HIIT helps your distance running too. I like 400m sprints at 100% w/ 60 seconds rest in between.

Originally Posted by IcyHot
    Very few pastas are on the list of slow burning carbs. It had better be whole wheat and have some fiber in it. I would consider those medium GI at best.
    sorry for the double post, but he's right. White pasta isn't slow burning at all. Wheat pasta is a better bet, but you can find better slow-burning carbs.

Originally Posted by Boxing_101
    HIIT helps your distance running too. I like 400m sprints at 100% w/ 60 seconds rest in between.
    Unless your Pre, there is no way you can do more than 2 - 400m sprints @100% with only 60 seconds of recovery. In fact, by #2 your form would be breaking down so badly that it might hinder your training.

B.S. Chemistry
    B.S. Microbiology

Originally Posted by IcyHot
    Unless your Pre, there is no way you can do more than 2 - 400m sprints @100% with only 60 seconds of recovery. In fact, by #2 your form would be breaking down so badly that it might hinder your training.
    He's in poor shape if he can't manage a few 400m sprints, especially if the second one forces him to sacrafice his form... i forgot bodybuilding isn't about athleticism, that's just what i'm used to.

U of U Operating Room Be Perfect's Avatar
    Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be Perfect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been competing in triathlons this year quite a bit so as you can tell i do a lot of running and some more running after that. Basically what I found the best to get my times cut would be to build up endurance if you have a strong endurance you can run that mile and a half easy. i run about 10 miles a day every morning and to do that I started off at a mile built that up then went 2 miles then 3 miles and so forth. If you can run 3 miles pretty quick without a break that mile and half should be no problem. It's all about the endurance.
    Thank you and Good night!

Currently: 6'2, 190 lbs, 8-9% BF
    Goal: Gain Mass

http://www.myspace.com/6585362