Thread: inner chest

Registered User xtremlimitsbh10's Avatar
    xtremlimitsbh10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

inner chest

can anybody reccommend any good exercises that will hit the inner part of the chest effectively?

chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cable flys and dumbell flys.....I guess flat or incline...Just depends on were your target is.
    Any information I give is only fictional and should not be taken seriously.

Exotic Bud Enthusiast TheStuddMuffin's Avatar
    TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chubs001
    Cable flys and dumbell flys.....I guess flat or incline...Just depends on were your target is.
    Cable Flys, not Dumbbell Flys.

Hold the contraction at the top for more emphasis.

Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea, cable and dumbell flys. try incline close grip press. don't join both ur hand when holding the bar, it'll hit ur tri's then. hold the bar with ur hands around 6-8 inches apart, and it'll hit the innner upper chest well. good luck!

I sleep with my fan on... nekkidbear's Avatar
    nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't target the inner chest, the fibers don't run that way.... you can only fill out your chest as a whole more and eventually it will fill in.
    Meow

Exotic Bud Enthusiast TheStuddMuffin's Avatar
    TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheStuddMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nateakabear05
    Can't target the inner chest, the fibers don't run that way.... you can only fill out your chest as a whole more and eventually it will fill in.
    You can target the inner chest. You can't specifically target the inner chest.

Although you cannot just hit the inside of the chest, you sure can add more emphasis to it. Emphasis meaning greater breakdown in that area. This does more than just "filling in."
    Last edited by TheStuddMuffin; 07-13-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Remy Zero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheStuddMuffin
    You can target the inner chest. You can't specifically target the inner chest.

Although you cannot just hit the inside of the chest, you sure can add more emphasis to it. Emphasis meaning greater breakdown in that area. This does more than just "filling in.

yup agreed....the chest is a huge muscle. it's possible.

wiedrick2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I'm totally lost with this area too. For the past year it seems like my chest has turned to tits, lol. The upper and inner parts will get somewhat sore after a workout but they never grow . I used to just do flat barbell bench then goto incline, then some fly movement and my chest was had pretty good proportion. After a while the lower part got bigger and it looked saggy so I started to emphisize incline work and it just kept getting worse and worse. My upper and inner chest won't grow!! Any help guys???

Originally Posted by wiedrick2005
    Yeah I'm totally lost with this area too. For the past year it seems like my chest has turned to tits, lol. The upper and inner parts will get somewhat sore after a workout but they never grow . I used to just do flat barbell bench then goto incline, then some fly movement and my chest was had pretty good proportion. After a while the lower part got bigger and it looked saggy so I started to emphisize incline work and it just kept getting worse and worse. My upper and inner chest won't grow!! Any help guys???
    quit the flat bench for a month. focus on incline presses, do round 5-7 sets. then do 10 sets of cables, keep th weight so-so, not to heavy, focus on reps instead. u'll getr results within a month.

RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) RONNIE_COLEMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^wayy too many sets.

do this....

flat bench
    incline bench
    decline bench
    cable flys
    Age - 21
    Height - 5'9"
    Weight - 76kgs (168lbs)
    Bench Press - 1 x 309lbs (140kgs) ALL the way down....

Squat - 4 sets of 8 on 330lbs (150kgs) parallell
    Deadlift - 3 sets of 7 on 242lbs (110kgs)

If i did flat and decline work wont that just make my lower chest keep growing.. I more wanna work my upper and inner chest so it balances out. Also have you guys ever done incline cable fly's? I tried them because I heard they were good for upper inner chest but I didn't feel them in my chest what so ever, only in my shoulders. Thanks for the imput btw.

Originally Posted by wiedrick2005
    If i did flat and decline work wont that just make my lower chest keep growing.. I more wanna work my upper and inner chest so it balances out. Also have you guys ever done incline cable fly's? I tried them because I heard they were good for upper inner chest but I didn't feel them in my chest what so ever, only in my shoulders. Thanks for the imput btw.

yeah. go for eye level cable flys. try standing, as well as lying down flat on the bench. imagine ur hugging a big tree, that way, it won't hit ur shoulders too much. also, if u feel that ur shoulders are taking over, dump some weight. go for reps instead. good luck!

Originally Posted by RONNIE_COLEMAN
    ^wayy too many sets.

do this....

flat bench
    incline bench
    decline bench
    cable flys

thats total chest. they mentioned they wanted inner, upper chest.

milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A combination of flat/incline barbell/dumbell will get you a big chest. Inner, outer, upper, etc.

Quit worrying about **** like cables.
    I hate stupid.

BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally just do 6 sets of incline press per week and 3 sets of incline flys and my lower chest is still better so dont worry about totally dropping flat.

One thing I tried gave me a huge pump right in the upper inner part is pecdeck flys. I sat on the chair thing and leaned forward and held the contraction for a second or two. The first time I did this it was amazing but now I do it and nothing happens lol. Thanks for the imput guys.

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by milo
    A combination of flat/incline barbell/dumbell will get you a big chest. Inner, outer, upper, etc.

Quit worrying about **** like cables.
    cables are great because they maintain contraction all the way through the movement.
    i'd say they're better for flyes, because with dumbells, there's no contraction at the top. cables require contraction because they're constantly pulling apart.

RONNIE_COLEMAN is right. that's almost my chest routine, except i do dips too.
    i do 3 sets of decline, flat and incline bench, 3 of deep bodyweight dips and 3 of pec deck flyes. this targets upper, middle, lower, inner and outer pecs. i then do biceps curls afterwards (2 sets hammer curls, 3 sets barbell curls, 3 sets reverse barbell curls).

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For 1, the fibers in the pec muscles run horizontal, so is it even possible to isolate one end of the fiber?
    For 2, you could try searching, this question pops up once a week at least.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Anticrombie315
    For 1, the fibers in the pec muscles run horizontal, so is it even possible to isolate one end of the fiber?
    Not as far as I'm aware. The whole inner-chest thing is mostly just full ROM giving better results than partial ROM.

Think about it. It'll make sense.

nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000) nelson88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah who ever thinks he can train inner chest is wrong.. you can say whatever you think but its just not possible, it grows just wit normal excercises en is genetically like all musclegroups. If you do heavy fly's (great massbuilder for pecs) you feel ''inner'' chest because the muscle is attached there and with flys most of the power will pull that way...

matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In my opinion, you can't specifically target the inner chest since the muscle fibers of the pectoral muscles run horizontally. Stop worrying about it, do a combination of flat, incline, and decline presses with cable flys and it will fill in with time.
    best meet lifts @ 132
    squat 375
    bench 300
    deadlift 440

Texas A&M Powerlifting.