Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplement for IGF-1 levels?

Hi guys

I read an article a few days ago saying that certain type of amino acids will increase you IGF-1 levels, such has L-arginine.

Do these amino acid supplements exists and do they really work?

Thanks!
    Body builders are not made in the gym, they are made in the kitchen.

nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know about L-Arginine's effect on IGF-1, but colostrum is supposed to increase IGF-1 levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
    ~ nukLhed ~

- People don't fail, they just stop trying.
    - Commitment, desire, and action have nothing to do with education.

spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your best bet for optimizing IGF-1 levels is to make sure you get plenty of sleep. Aim for 8 hours every night.

Other than that, you can do the research to find out but I'll save you some time and tell you right now that none of the products that claim to boost your GH levels work. The only other option is running a cycle of HGH.
    ================================
    Unlock the true potential of all your supplements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=820217

Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this isn't really "supplement" related, but I'm currently running Nolva for a delayed case of gyno. I know this lowers IGF-1 levels, but increases testosterone.

This is why Nolva isn't effective as a anabolic drug, because the lowering of IGF-1 or GH is so low that it offsets the effects of the extra test.

I found a place that sells IGF-1 1000mcg kits? but they also sell HGH.

I've hurd that once you start HGH you stuck on it for life, I'm not sure if this is true or not... but what about running a cycle of IGF-1 ? is this even possible?

spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Thestef
    I know this isn't really "supplement" related, but I'm currently running Nolva for a delayed case of gyno. I know this lowers IGF-1 levels, but increases testosterone.

This is why Nolva isn't effective as a anabolic drug, because the lowering of IGF-1 or GH is so low that it offsets the effects of the extra test.

I found a place that sells IGF-1 1000mcg kits? but they also sell HGH.

I've hurd that once you start HGH you stuck on it for life, I'm not sure if this is true or not... but what about running a cycle of IGF-1 ? is this even possible?
    You have more research to do. Effective GH cycles can be run. Compared to AAS, it is pricey, safer and the gains are more long-term (they take longer to show but they should stick with you)
    Unlock the true potential of all your supplements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=820217

Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billythekid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I disagree. HGH supps do work. Kevin Hopkins a nutritional biochemist at Hopewell Pharmacy and Compounding Center says "Secretagogue-1 in patients have demonstrated an increase of 21 to 46% in IGF-1 levels. This elevation is sufficient to acheive cardiovascular protection, a decrease in body fat, and an increase in lean mass." Now take into account that this pharmacy is in the business of selling HGH and test shots, yet they say this product works. Dr Vincent C. Giampapa at the Longevity Institute International also uses and recommends this product to his patients. For more info on HGH and IGF-1 go to www.advice-hgh.com No one on this forum ever has anything good to say about hgh products. You make up your mind based on your research, not the opinions on this forum. Eat right, Train right, Sleep right, and you'll be right.

I read the web link you provided, basically they are saying that certain amino acids will help the pituitary gland produce more HGH hence more IGF-1.

They are stating that most of the amino acids are digested and don't make it to the pituitary gland, but they added a glucose polymer to their mix to kept the amino acids intact.

Has any one ever heart of this in other amino acids supplements?

Originally Posted by Billythekid1
    I disagree. HGH supps do work. Kevin Hopkins a nutritional biochemist at Hopewell Pharmacy and Compounding Center says "Secretagogue-1 in patients have demonstrated an increase of 21 to 46% in IGF-1 levels. This elevation is sufficient to acheive cardiovascular protection, a decrease in body fat, and an increase in lean mass." Now take into account that this pharmacy is in the business of selling HGH and test shots, yet they say this product works. Dr Vincent C. Giampapa at the Longevity Institute International also uses and recommends this product to his patients. For more info on HGH and IGF-1 go to www.advice-hgh.com No one on this forum ever has anything good to say about hgh products. You make up your mind based on your research, not the opinions on this forum. Eat right, Train right, Sleep right, and you'll be right.
    IMO, anecdotal feedback from the products' users is much more valuable than some sketchy study that is displayed on a website that sells a HGH supplement. To me, if its coming from someone that has anything to gain from its sale, its biased. There are some exceptions as a lot of the reps on these boards do give good and honest advice but this is not the norm.