Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What do you guys eat for a clean bulk and calorie intake?

Questions:
    How many calories should I be taking in for a clean bulk. I dont want to over do it and gain fat. So maybe I should shoot for 2,600-3,000, what do you guys think? Its been about 2 months since I last checked my BF% but I am guessing its about the same (17%) but I am now at 187 lbs.

Supplements:
    I am taking ON whey protein (4 1/2 scoops a day), multivitamin, flaxseed oil and been taking Jungle Warfare plus Xtend for almost 2 weeks now.

Routine:
    I work out 4 days a week. Those 4 days a week I lift heavy with a routine of
    Day 1 Monday – Chest, Bis, Calves, Cardio
    Day 2 Wednesday - Back, Shoulders, Tris, Cardio
    Day 3 Friday – Upper and lower Legs, Cardio
    Day 4 Sunday – Chest, Bis, Cardio
    Then starting day 1 the next week off with Back, Shoulders, Tris, Cardio.
    After the weights I do the Eliciptical or bike for 15 minutes. I am about to add 6 sets of leg presses to workout day 4.

Diet:
    I only eat few vegetables like corn and sweet potato. Almost my whole life I just couldnt eat them. I would always try to eat them but just couldnt so I know thats one big down fall to my diet. I do eat a lot of fruits though to "try" to make up for the lack of vegetables. I also heard of vegetables pills which can help but its not the same, just got to find some. All I pretty much drink is water and a lot of it!

For breakfast have a protein shake (1 1/2 scoop) with Kashi Go lean high protein & high fiber cereal. About to start to hard boil eggs and eat a few white also.

For lunch and post workout protein shake (1 1/2 scoop)
    For lunch or Dinner I eat chicken very often, spaghetti with Lean ground turkey and whole wheat blend pasta, steaks here and there, soups with cooked beef steaks with kidney beans pinto beans and diced tomatoes, carnitas or BBQ chicken burritos with beans rice cheese and avocado, I only eat wheat breads, sometimes hamburger helper meals like stroganoff and pasta roni which I know are not the best.

As for snacks through out the day fruits. wheat bread with peanut butter, wheat thins, quakes rice snacks, triscuits, organic raisins, organic cheese bites, organic apple sauce.

If anyone has any advice or helpful info I would really appreciate it thanks!!

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How many calories should I be taking in for a clean bulk. I dont want to over do it and gain fat. So maybe I should shoot for 2,600-3,000, what do you guys think? Its been about 2 months since I last checked my BF% but I am guessing its about the same (17%) but I am now at 187 lbs.
    what’s your maintenance? Start by adding 200-300 daily and see where it gets you. increase slowly.
    i’m bulking myself (5’9, 145 pounds, ~15% BF) and atm i eat 2800-3300 cals on training days and slightly less on rest days. I’m going to bump them up to 3500 next week because i haven’t gained any significant weight yet (3 weeks and counting).

Routine:
    I work out 4 days a week. Those 4 days a week I lift heavy with a routine of
    Day 1 Monday – Chest, Bis, Calves, Cardio
    Day 2 Wednesday - Back, Shoulders, Tris, Cardio
    Day 3 Friday – Upper and lower Legs, Cardio
    Day 4 Sunday – Chest, Bis, Cardio
    there’s no need for excessive cardio if you want to bulk. cut it down to 1-2 easy ss sessions. good for the heart.

Diet:I only eat few vegetables like corn and sweet potato.
    corn is a grain and potatoes have too much starch. good for bulking but they aren’t veggies. Try broccoli,spinach, peppers, tomatoes, etc.

For breakfast have a protein shake (1 1/2 scoop) with Kashi Go lean high protein & high fiber cereal. About to start to hard boil eggs and eat a few white also.

For lunch and post workout protein shake (1 1/2 scoop)
    For lunch or Dinner I eat chicken very often, spaghetti with Lean ground turkey and whole wheat blend pasta, steaks here and there, soups with cooked beef steaks with kidney beans pinto beans and diced tomatoes, carnitas or BBQ chicken burritos with beans rice cheese and avocado, I only eat wheat breads, sometimes hamburger helper meals like stroganoff and pasta roni which I know are not the best.

As for snacks through out the day fruits. wheat bread with peanut butter, wheat thins, quakes rice snacks, triscuits, organic raisins, organic cheese bites, organic apple sauce.
    you seem to eat an awful lot of refined stuff here (spaghetti, burritos, cheese, wheat thins). If you want a good clean bulk you diet should be good n clean too. you know the deal – whole grains, lean meats, lots of veggies, fruit, low-fat dairy and so on. as for the macros, mine are approx. 50% carbs / 30% protein / 20% fats (most of them unsaturated with a daily dose of salmon). i get 40-60 grams of fiber daily and cheat 1-2 x week. if you’re a hardgainer (and that’s a big if) you might want eat less fiber so as to decrease satiety and be able to eat more.
    Last edited by Miranda; 07-12-2006 at 03:07 AM.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i also train 4 times a week and now consume about 3100 calories on training days, my routine is:
    Sunday: Back, traps, abs
    Tuesday: Chest, shoulders
    Wednesday: Triceps, biceps
    Thursday: Legs, calves.

I am also aiming to bulk which is why i have stopped cardio completely, perhaps cut your cardio down. I am not so keen on vegies either so i stir fry them with some chicken or fillet steak, you dont even have to use oil, there is an aerosol spray called 'fry light' sunflower oil spray which contain 1 cal per spray and no fat and it works. This is available in the UK everywhere not sure about the US though. I am currently 5 10, 176lbs and now consume 300g protein a day, how much protein do you consume?