silvalynin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help with healing rotator cuff

alright, so this isn't really a "bodybuilding" question, but I think it's still valid...

i play alot of handball (for those unfamiliar with it, it's like tennis, except with a different ball, court, and a wall, same arm movements though) and sometime last year, I played so often that my left rotator cuff started to hurt all the time and I figured that it was just due to excess stress on the arm, and that after a little while it would heal. It even starts to make my entire left arm ache with pain. So here's the thing, after a few days my arm feels better and there's no pain in the resting state, but after playing handball for about a day or so again, the pain comes right back, no matter how long I've gone without playing (i've gone months).

Can anyone recommend exercises to help make this part of my arm stronger? Recommend any supplements to help with healing? Thanks for everything.

MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000)
    Below is a link with some good rotator cuff exercises. I implement them into my shoulder routine every week.

http://familydoctor.org/265.xml

matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matt23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    rotator cuff exercises are a good idea. A glucosamine supplement would also be a good idea.
    best meet lifts @ 132
    squat 375
    bench 300
    deadlift 440

Texas A&M Powerlifting.

APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) APeplow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Mate, rotator cuff is a bad injury and time consuming to heal, the only thing you can do is increase blood flow to the shoulder by doing extremely light wieght reps and high reps,be sure to warm you rotator cuff up well before doing anything to do with the shoulders. This injury is one of the most occuring in bodybuilding, due to not warming up
    Life is to short to be small
    The harder you push the better the gains

milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by silvalynin

Can anyone recommend exercises to help make this part of my arm stronger? Recommend any supplements to help with healing? Thanks for everything.
    I would talk to a doctor if you could, especially one that deals with sports injuries. I tore mine pretty bad (couldnt sleep due to pain, even with painkillers) and I had to do various stretches to help it out. I stopped benching/military pressing for about 6 months so it could completely heal, I could incline for some reason though *shrug*
    I hate stupid.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go to the shoulder capsule part of this article:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459683

silvalynin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks alot for the suggestions

any other supps. besides glucosamine?

all i'm taking right now is ON 100% Whey, multivitamin, and some fish oil
    Last edited by silvalynin; 07-12-2006 at 05:02 PM.