Gots2BIrish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Cutting and the mental side effects

Hey,

I have just stareted my cut for my end of august beginning of sept. vacation trip... I am 26y.o. 6'2" 205.. BF i would guess at 14 or 15% I have dropped my cal intake, increased cardio in the am, and kept pretty close to my lifting routine... I work alot on the road so I do prepare my meals the night before, so I have them ready every 2.5/3 hrs.. right now I have gone to a strict schedule of:

45min cardio on awakening

Breakfast: 2 egg beaters,oatmeal, bannana, protein shake (20g)

snack: tuna on wheat, 99% fat free yogurt

luch: chicken breast, brown rice, broccoli and cauliflower
    40/30/30
    snack: protein shake (20g)

LIFT

dinner: chicken Breast (one day a week steak), brown rice, green beans 40/30/30

(note: just got on hydroxycut, so two pill 30min-1hr before breakfast\lunch\dinner)

So my real question question is, I know I have already lost size, and it is really messing with my my mind because I just think Im loosing muscle mass and not fat, and question the cut every morning... "hey screw it all you are doing is getting smaller." Im starting to see some more definition in my abs... but my chest shoulders and arms seem smaller.....

Am I just trippin' , or from some of you more experienced cut men/women... hope you tell me I'm doing everything right and it will all be worth it in a month and a half......

also like i said its a 2 week vacation last week in august and first week in september.... does anyone suggest to go back to bulk mode right before the trip...?

KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's simple, have your lifts gone down? If they have, you've likely lost muscle, if they're staying the same, you probably aren't. A little muscle loss is acceptable and worth it, but if you're losing a lot of muscle you may want to re work your diet.

Originally Posted by KowboysUp
    It's simple, have your lifts gone down? If they have, you've likely lost muscle, if they're staying the same, you probably aren't. A little muscle loss is acceptable and worth it, but if you're losing a lot of muscle you may want to re work your diet.
    I have changed my lifts from 3x 6\4\4\2 to 3x 8\6\6\4

KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's good stuff, I'd stick to what you're doing. Any idea what the total calories, protein, carbs, and fats are in your diet?

One quick suggestion I would give you is to flip flop your dinner and protein shake "snack". The liquid protein absorbs faster, and gets into your muscles which sorely need some protein after a workout.

Originally Posted by KowboysUp
    One quick suggestion I would give you is to flip flop your dinner and protein shake "snack". The liquid protein absorbs faster, and gets into your muscles which sorely need some protein after a workout.

I actually do that it was a typo.... first thing i do when I get home is chug that protein shake and dinner follows...... Thanks for the advice

rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmhildeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gots2BIrish
    So my real question question is, I know I have already lost size, and it is really messing with my my mind because I just think Im loosing muscle mass and not fat, and question the cut every morning... "hey screw it all you are doing is getting smaller." Im starting to see some more definition in my abs... but my chest shoulders and arms seem smaller.....

Am I just trippin' , or from some of you more experienced cut men/women... hope you tell me I'm doing everything right and it will all be worth it in a month and a half......
    Oh man...i go through this thought process all the time. Usually goes something like this:

"Hmm...i wonder if that body fat reading is right...it could be off, then....oh no! i'm losing muscle"

"No...i'll just keep with what i'm doing, its worked so far...."

"But what if i've hit a fat loss plateau and i really am losing muscle??"

its a little bit unsettling, but i just keep on chuggin away, and eventually i'll prove to myself that i really am nuts.

delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man oh man, I'm on the other side of this problem. i just came off a 6 month cut and I'm having a terrible time with the mental affects of it. I feel like I've been pigging out all day, and I still have to eat 1500 calories or so today. I feel like every gram that I take in is going straight to fat.

Its only gonna be a 3 month bulk...I can't wait until its over.

Was about 300, no longer! KeepintheFaith's Avatar
    KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gots2BIrish
    Hey,

I have just stareted my cut for my end of august beginning of sept. vacation trip... I am 26y.o. 6'2" 205.. BF i would guess at 14 or 15% I have dropped my cal intake, increased cardio in the am, and kept pretty close to my lifting routine... I work alot on the road so I do prepare my meals the night before, so I have them ready every 2.5/3 hrs.. right now I have gone to a strict schedule of:

45min cardio on awakening

Breakfast: 2 egg beaters,oatmeal, bannana, protein shake (20g)

snack: tuna on wheat, 99% fat free yogurt

luch: chicken breast, brown rice, broccoli and cauliflower
    40/30/30

LIFT

dinner: chicken Breast (one day a week steak), brown rice, green beans 40/30/30

(note: just got on hydroxycut, so two pill 30min-1hr before breakfast\lunch\dinner)

also like i said its a 2 week vacation last week in august and first week in september.... does anyone suggest to go back to bulk mode right before the trip...?
    Irish, I would tweak a couple of things. One, I would drink a protein shake when I woke up. I would do this before running. I personally think this is better. Next I would add some more "real food" protein to breakfast to make up for the shake. I would also add more "real food" protein to delete one of the "snack" protein shakes. I would however drink a protein shake immediately after working out. I would suggest using milk for this shake too. Try not to rely too much on protein shakes in the mean time. Good luck to you!
    Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy - Winston Churchill...losing fat is like fighting a war!

Originally Posted by KeepintheFaith
    Irish, I would tweak a couple of things. One, I would drink a protein shake when I woke up. I would do this before running. I personally think this is better. Next I would add some more "real food" protein to breakfast to make up for the shake. I would also add more "real food" protein to delete one of the "snack" protein shakes. I would however drink a protein shake immediately after working out. I would suggest using milk for this shake too. Try not to rely too much on protein shakes in the mean time. Good luck to you!
    keepinthefaith-

Thanks for the input....