briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much alcohol do you drink

It sucks... I really try not to drink but its all my friends do every weekend, and it seems every weekend there's a damned valid reason to get tore up... its always someone's birthday, or someone's graduation, or someone is leaving and having a going away party, or a wedding, or you go on a trip, or someone gets back from a trip, etc etc etc.

Has anyone who used to drink, completely stopped for health reasons (and not just stopped cause you're an alcoholic and its ruining your life or anything)?

Also does anyone still drink a lot yet still have a pretty good body?

What are the thoughts on alcohol's role in body building?

ldiaz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would think getting drunk every weekend would NOT have a positive effect on bodybuilding. I don't see much drunks built and cut-up. I don't drink unless its a special occaison.

saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saku is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i had all alcohol cut from my diet for about 3 months (feb-may) but then my buddies got a place of their own and i started to drink abit more. I still try to keep it to a absolute minimum, last weekend i was at a party and only had one beer all night. drinking heavily once per week IMO is too much. The way i see it is you loose three good days of training when you drink. (the day you drink and the day after you drink and sometimes even the day after that.)

but usually its the summer months that people tend to drink more.

cheers

bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Between February and late June I didn't drink at all. At the end of June on vacation I got wrecked 2 days in a row(Thursday, Friday). Anyway I went back to working out on Monday and felt awful. Weakened and felt like crap overall. The same goes for the rest of the week. It threw off my sleep cycle as well which didn't help. I am finally feeling back to normal today and hopefully it won't have anymore of an affect.

I will probably not drink again until the Holidays when it will make visiting family tolerable. Heavily once a week IMO is too much. Although I guess a few beers on a Saturday or something may not be horrible. I will consider trying it during football season.

lifting for short people utjock12's Avatar
    utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im in college and tried to cut drinking all together and its impossible. i found if i drink 1 time a week im usually fine...making sure when i do drink i dont just get plastered (my favorite kind of course).

personally i think the most negative ramification from drinking is its affect on your sleeping and eating habbits. when people drink they tend to stay up late and not get any sleep, then the next day when they are hungover they dont eat and are severely dehydrated so they just sit around all day.

you just have to ask yourself how committed you want to be, is getting in perfect shape really worth not having a fun night out with your friends? IMO, no, moderation is the key.
    succeeding is not enough, others must fail.

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you know you're the type of person that cant drink without getting plastered then dont drink.

If you can go out and have 2 or 3 drinks on weekends just consider it your cheat meal and you wont see any noticeable effects.

Weak of mind = no alcohol
    Strong of mind = alittle alcohol

Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive found out you can still be sociable while having a few drinks, drink them slowly.

Not drinking at a party = akward
    drinking a few slowly = works out fine

I also tend to smoke up once i have had a few beers, then i am good for the night.
    - not advocating this, its just what I do.

YOUR MOTHER'S BOOTY CALL steelo79's Avatar
    steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i drink one night a week - and when i do drink, i drink like a friggin' fish - and i see progress in my body ever week. i'm happy with my results.
    my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125520783

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have drank every weekend minimum once rangin up to 3 times a week, and I still see gains. Have the same amount of energy the next day too. Rye and diet my friends, not pop, is the name of the game. I see jacked guys at bars all the time drinking beer too.

Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutcher is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2 - 3 Times a month on the weekends if I hang out with some friends. I just make sure to take my vitamins and lots of water before-hand.

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where I live we drink every night of the week and the best way to deal with it is only having a couple drinks maximum and drinking them very slowly. If you smoke weed, a couple hits will definitely amplify the small buzz from a couple drinks and youll feel like the drunk chick at the party.

djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Antidote
    Ive found out you can still be sociable while having a few drinks, drink them slowly.

Not drinking at a party = akward
    drinking a few slowly = works out fine

I also tend to smoke up once i have had a few beers, then i am good for the night.
    - not advocating this, its just what I do.
    Word.

Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think wine is beneficial to health. a glass of wine a day is good for ur heart.

SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have cut out drinking and getting trashed with friends for about 3 weeks now. to be honest, i have never been happier. i dont plan on drinking to the point of being plastered anymore..kinda over that phase for the most part...and if i did drink i would just think of how much it is impeding my progress. then again, i have been cutting up during this whole time off the booze and i cant stand to diet PERFECTLY everyday and then ruin it all for a night of getting destroyed. i just got sick of waking up feeling like **** for an entire day after and being depleted...it's like a setback. if i drink all nite, then i ran the next day, id only be back up to where i was before i drank, whereas if i didnt drink, id be making progress instead of just maintenance.

it's tough to initially stop though if ur used to going out with friends and drinking literally every week.

AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I drink pretty heavily at least 1 time every 2 weeks.

Sometimes I go a month where every weekend I am completely trashed. (2 days a week)

By heavily I mean 10-15 shots + 3-6 beers.

My body is not super ripped up... but its not too bad... I bust my ass in the gym 5 days a week and my diet (other than the alcohol) is pretty much perfect.

-Good Luck

dcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I stopped drinking and smoking all together for about 3 months and also decided to get fit so I've cleaned up my diet and also made my own workouts. For 3 months I've lost almost 20kgs and now I'm boxing.

I use to drink almost every weekend if not 2x a month but heavily. I could drink 10 shots of spririts or have almost a dozen beer as well as smoke half a packet of ciggies in one sitting.

Now I stay off it as much as possible. I have the occasional drink maybe once every 3 weeks but these days it's like once a month and it doen'st take long for me before I feel the effects of alcohol. I'll have 3 beers or 3 shots of spirits and Im already wasted that's all I really have and maybe 5 sticks of ciggarettes. The day after I force myself to workout struggle a bit and pick up the following days but I don't do this more than once every 3 weeks.

I reckon you need it and in moderation, otherwise you'll go crazy and you might snap and get back to the 'bad' habits worse. A little of this a little of that everyso often wont hurt. Go ahead, have a life, have a social life!

leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I usually go clubbing thursday, friday, saturday and sunday, this usually involves getting very drunk. I cannot help it I just like going out and chatting to girls etc

I train monday, wednesday and friday although on fridays i train in the evening and go out afterwards.

I've been seeing gains whilst there not great they are still gains, i've very recently started taking supps and have agreed to cut my drinking down to 2 nights a week (friday and saturday).

kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I usually drink 12-15 beers each weekend, usually on one night. It sets me back about 2-3 days in terms of weight loss, but I'm still able to head in the right direction, just a little slower.

mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_economy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I do drink, I usually limit myself to one or two gin & diet tonics. At the moment, however, I'm on a zero-alcohol kick.

delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aside from the questionable effects that it can have on a shy guy's sex life, I can't think of any benefit that alchohol adds to life. You waste money, and time, plus you're ruined for most of the next day.

I quit drinking at the beginning of this year, mostly because I needed to to help me quit smoking, but I don't regret it one bit. Good riddance I say.

bleedsblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bleedsblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kind of related to the topic in this thread... do any of you that drink regularly have a 6-pack? i dont mean like a 5% bodyfat absolutely shredded 6-pack, but you know a decently defined 10% bodyfat type look? if so, could you post how much you drink (if you haven't already) and also a pic. Thanks.

NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have not had a drink of alcohol for 4.5 years. I have never felt better nor been so relaxed. As soon as everyone realized I was serious, They never bothered me about it or tried to get me to drink. Real friends don't try to sabotage your goals.

Alcohol, beyond 1-2 drinks, has no benefit to a person. getting drunk is harmful. that is why they call it intoxications, as in "toxic". It is poison.

I don't care if other people drink. But don't kid yourself. IF you can't stop at 2 drinks, you should read some AA literature. That is the definition of an alcoholic. Trust me on this one I know. I am one...but in recovery.

If you have any suspicion that you are, feel free to PM me.

noggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Delinx32, you really should not badmouth drinking, as it is one's preference. Honestly, I'm not trying to be a competetive BB. I love to party and we all know partying and drinking go hand and hand. If you decide you dont want alcohol in your life for whatever reason...than more power to you. Me personally, My diet is on point. I train real hard and I am a social dude, meaning I go out, get twisted, meet bitches, and then talk about it the next day. briantech to answer your questions. I drink about 3 times a week. I have a good body, mainly due to my diet and training. I was once the kid who tried to stay so focused and never drink or go out. I saw results, but i wasnt having much fun. Again, this is all preference, if you like to go out and drink and party, then dont hold yourself back, you can still drink in moderation. You only live once, get it poppin while your young. yeah buddy.

delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by noggs
    Delinx32, you really should not badmouth drinking, as it is one's preference. Honestly, I'm not trying to be a competetive BB. I love to party and we all know partying and drinking go hand and hand. If you decide you dont want alcohol in your life for whatever reason...than more power to you. Me personally, My diet is on point. I train real hard and I am a social dude, meaning I go out, get twisted, meet bitches, and then talk about it the next day. briantech to answer your questions. I drink about 3 times a week. I have a good body, mainly due to my diet and training. I was once the kid who tried to stay so focused and never drink or go out. I saw results, but i wasnt having much fun. Again, this is all preference, if you like to go out and drink and party, then dont hold yourself back, you can still drink in moderation. You only live once, get it poppin while your young. yeah buddy.
    I wasn't badmouthing drinking, I was voicing the reasons that I don't do it, while useing the pronoun "you" instead of "I". I've no problem with others drinking; however, I was responding to the post with my opinion, just as you did. The thing is, if its your thing, then its your thing, but its not my thing, see.

I used to drink a lot, but like I said, I quit because of my need to quit smoking. I always intended to start drinking again, but I found out that I was really happy not doing it, so I just stayed this way. I tried to drink a few drinks a couple weeks back, and I found out that I didn't enjoy it anymore.

bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bah01001 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One of the reasons why i lift is to attract females and look good in a t shirt :-P. If i am not going out and drinking, then there goes one of the main reasons why i actually lift.

Go out, you only live once. Just relize you want see gains as fast as you would w/o drinking and partying. But just think, your out having a good time and meeting ppl when the hardcore BB'ers are in the gym trying to get there next "extreme pump" :-P Moderation is key
    Chicago Crew

Next time you're tempted to say you "can't," remember that what you're really saying is, "I don't want to."

http://instagram.com/elusivecow/

gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) gimmetheskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All,

Just wanted to say there is no fun like sober fun! I pretty much quit drinking all together around 6 months ago. I think I've literally had two beers this year. The reasons I quit are another discussion but I must say I don't miss it at all. I used to be a few beers during the week and a weekend warrior type. Man if I could just have all that money back!

What do the pro's say about drinking while working out? I would guess that in moderation it would be ok...

Ron

JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by briantech

Has anyone who used to drink, completely stopped for health reasons (and not just stopped cause you're an alcoholic and its ruining your life or anything)?
    Almost completely. I used to have 1-3 drinks a day, including a glass or two of wine with supper. It was interfering with fat loss, so I cut it drastically, but not completely. Now it's maybe a glass of wine a week, on average.

grim_876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bleedsblue
    kind of related to the topic in this thread... do any of you that drink regularly have a 6-pack? i dont mean like a 5% bodyfat absolutely shredded 6-pack, but you know a decently defined 10% bodyfat type look? if so, could you post how much you drink (if you haven't already) and also a pic. Thanks.
    I cut down at least 15kg over 3 months and had a 10%ish six pack for the first time in my life. At the time I was probably drinking 2 out of 3 weekends. Probably 15-20 standard drinks over the night. I definately gained strength and muscle during this time also.
    I ate fairly clean, but takeaway type food at least once weekly. Didnt know too much about nutrition at the time.

Each week I did 2, 1 hour martial arts classes, which were fairly intense workouts most nights.
    walked home from school with books 45mins daily
    jogged 30mins or mix walking and jogging for an hour each night.
    Some weight training, but didnt know much about it so pretty much did bench presses.

Dont have a pic however and cant get one as I put on 10kg since due to various work/school commitments which stopped all training and diet watching for several months. Am working on getting rid of this again now.