SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SLTS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

bench press problem (dealing with chest work)

ok i had asked this question in the powerlifitng forum before...and i was told to check someones post on an article or something....

well the article was HUGE, and i didnt understand much at all since i really lack knowledge when it comes to muscle fibers and such.

so i figure ill ask here.

ok whenever i bench press i can never feel my chest working, its like my whole body aches and i feel the most work being done in the shoulder area and just a GREAT amount of pressure on my body, and not my chest.

and no its not to much weight, this is when im using a weight for 15 reps or less.

the pressure doesnt feel like my muscles are working it feels like i am lifting the weight with my bones and ligaments. and as far as i know my form is good.

does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Busta Capp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Busta Capp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to arch your back and dig your shoulder blades into the bench. This should give you a deeper bench, which will hit your chest more. Alternatively you could just do dumbell press.

initabath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    widen your grip and try some dumbells

pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you wanna work you chest do Inclines and Dips

Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Use a heavier weight.

A weight that will allow you to get no more than 6 reps, this usually hits your Chest a lot more.

You must also realise that if you haven't a very developed chest then you aren't going to feel much until it is developed. Give it time and perservere.

Good Luck!
    To succeed, you must try.
    Cheating only Cheats yourself.

Moderator at Hardcore Forums

CQ_Demolishers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Arnold Jnr

You must also realise that if you haven't a very developed chest then you aren't going to feel much until it is developed. Give it time and perservere.

Good Luck!

Huh?My chest isn't too developed and every chest workout I kick the hell out of it,AND OH YEA I FEEL IT.
    Better to be thought of as a fool then to speak up and remove all doubt.

As you are now, I once was.
    As I am now, you'll never be

Proud partner of MODESTMUSCLE'S Secret Society of Elite People's.

DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't worry about it, even if you don't feel it working, it doesn't mean it's not as your chest is still doing the movement.
    Eternal Creatures are not so prudent.

Member since Nov 2001

the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down

i think dynonite is juicin. 15 wit measurements like that. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by the sipher
    i think dynonite is juicin. 15 wit measurements like that. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
    or just lying lol

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    He has already said he is joking, so drop it.

Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arnold Jnr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by CQ_Demolishers
    Huh?My chest isn't too developed and every chest workout I kick the hell out of it,AND OH YEA I FEEL IT.
    Sometimes when the Pectorals are very prematurely developed it is difficult to 'feel' them working out, however the larger the Pectorals become the more you will feel them workout.
    Also when the Pectorals are not well developed the Triceps Back and Delts take away most of the load, contributing to the 'lack' of feeling.

Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but the bigger the muscle is generally the more you will feel it working out.
    To succeed, you must try.
    Cheating only Cheats yourself.

Moderator at Hardcore Forums

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    welcome to the club, heh

use the 4-6rep range when doing flat benching or incline db pressing. i've found that pretty effective

as for not feeling it in your chest, it's probably because you're a delt/tri pusher- some people naturally push their chest, others don't. nothing is really going to help ya out there, either you are a delt/tri pusher or you arn't, and u probably are.
    Booo

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude, just go to dumbells for a while to build pec strength/size.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Beefy2muscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Busta Capp
    Try to arch your back and dig your shoulder blades into the bench. This should give you a deeper bench, which will hit your chest more. Alternatively you could just do dumbell press.
    i thought arching your back on bench could result in injury
    Dude... wtf are all those weights on your neck?

Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironman1536 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say try incline barbell work......and try db flys, pec dec, and db presses flat/incline.......and worry about feeling the weight in your chest and not just throwing it up