Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Andreww259 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So..

I have the same problem but my left pec is smaller, which is what I want. I think that because I am more dominant to my right it is going to be bigger and also that because it is stronger being my more dominant arm that I can lift heavier weights than my left arm. For example ten lbs. might make your left arm hurt after 10 reps of dumb-bell flyes but it might take 20 reps for your right arm because it is more stronger. What I am going to experiment with is adding more weight to my right arm to give it more of a challenge.

xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MarcTheMachine View Post
    Hey, Ive been working out serious since the start of June, and all this time and even before I started working out serious, my left pec has been bigger than my right. Any ideas why and how to fix that? I was told on this forum that if I just work out it will even out, but it hasn't yet.

I was thinking that this could have happened because for the last 10 years I have been a competitive ice hockey player and I shoot left. When I shoot, pass, stick handle, etc. all my force is going in my left arm when my right arm just holds the top of the stick and doesn't do as much work as my left. Could this be a big key as to why my left pec is much bigger?

Thanks for any response or help you can give me. -- much appreciated.
    its natural now stop whining and go drink your milk shake
    goals to accomplish by next summer:
    measurements done on Sunday juanuary 8 2012

thighs 25.5 flexed going for 27 by summer calves 16.3 going for 16.7 by summer

arms 17 inches goal 17.5 by summer forearms 13 inches goal 13.5 by summer.

waist 39 inches don't want it any bigger lol

leg press 12 plates for 10 reps want 18 plates for 10 reps by summer

bench 225 x 7 want it to be 225x15 by summer

pull ups 10 want it 15 by summer

Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jack1Burton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My left is bigger but my right is more cut i always thought it was fat and if i lost sum weight they would be even

phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I definitely have a better mind-muscle connection to my left pec and I'm able to flex it better as well. Regardless, both my right and left pec are both sore for a few days after a chest work out. I am also right handed.

My left pec might also be stronger as well, because when I reach failure on a lift, I always look to my right side.
    355 Bench
    565 Dead
    520 Parallel Box Squat

Coby147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anatomy

Ummm sorry to be rude but there has been some seriously retarded anatomical statements here.

Firstly men and women have the SAME number of ribs!

Secondly neither the left pectoralis major nor minor is HIGHER than the right ("to protect the heart"). The heart is in the MIDDLE in a cavity called the mediastinum.

Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My left pec is slightly bigger than my right but i'm right handed it's probably due to when I do my dumbbell flies, left extends further than the right so it's nothing I can't fix in time. Just check your exercises and make sure you're not doing 1 side more than the other

Seraphiclol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try using the other arm

BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrettDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ok, I just have to say. The reason ShaneArcuri gave for the imbalance is moronic, muscle offers no protection to the heart. Thats why we have a breast plate. Imbalances could be from a number of things, a better mind-muscle connection so that your able to recruit more muscle fibers in that said muscle, making the work you do affect it that much more, or bad form. So if you do have imbalances in any muscle ie bicep, tricep or pecs. Start flexing them a lot to gain more control over them. And also in the gym pay attention and focus on that muscle during your lifts. Its well known that thinking about a certain muscle during a lift can recruit more muscle fibers. Also try switching to Dumbbells for a while... also flies do a great job. just my 2 cents. I have a much bigger right pec minor... and it is quite annoying. My plan is to do a lot of flexing, switch to dumbbells for a while, and work the decline bench well with presses and flies.

flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) flavonoid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol this thread was posted in 2006

Danhofff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very late with my reply but i thought id get my opinion in here. My right used to be miniscule compared to my left but i noticed as I tried doing normal day-to-day things with my right side (opening bottles, leaning on my rigt side, etc.) they started to even out. Just me though.

LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MarcTheMachine View Post
    Hey, Ive been working out serious since the start of June, and all this time and even before I started working out serious, my left pec has been bigger than my right. Any ideas why and how to fix that? I was told on this forum that if I just work out it will even out, but it hasn't yet.

I was thinking that this could have happened because for the last 10 years I have been a competitive ice hockey player and I shoot left. When I shoot, pass, stick handle, etc. all my force is going in my left arm when my right arm just holds the top of the stick and doesn't do as much work as my left. Could this be a big key as to why my left pec is much bigger?

Thanks for any response or help you can give me. -- much appreciated.

www.whyisonepecbigger.com helped me a bit. seemed to be some good info there

Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vince225 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry

Def gonna switch to incline dumbell presses for a while...
    Consistency, patience, and dedication is key.

TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheNino17 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    do 1 arm flys to even out the other pec.
    The one and only Prince.

SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakesOnAGain will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GermanBB View Post
    im sorry, but damnit this question comes up all the time, yet nobody ever seems to know how to correct it. switch to dumbells for a while!!!!!! with chest for example. each pec has equal weight stressed on it. the weaker pec will have to work harder to lift the weight than the stronger pec. over time with db's the will correct themselves
    100% true and is exactly what i did to increase strength on my weaker side.

levani0101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this thread is quite old but I just wonder if anyone here made any progress to even both pecs? I noticed that my left pec is noticeably bigger than the right one and it's very annoying. I'm right handed.

MarleyLynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bumping old thread. Been trying the things I read on here but literally my left pec is 2X the size of my right pec. It's absurdly noticable. Anything work for anyone?
    Doubt opens the possibility of failure