Registered User trainTilfailure's Avatar
    trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000)

best protein powder for a beginner. please help

im 17 5'10 130lbs, i want to get cut up and ripped rather then bulking and getting huge. which protein type and company do you recommend?

maconstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shayne26
    im 17 5'10 130lbs, i want to get cut up and ripped rather then bulking and getting huge. which protein type and company do you recommend?
    You probably understand about 1% of what you need to know.

You can't gain muscle and not gain fat, it's nearly impossible without anabolics.

But, to answer your question, Sam's club has 5lbs for $18.88. Protein is protein, don't buy into all the supplement bs.

I started at 6'1 140lbs and was had NO muscle with chubb spots. I'm now at 6'1 190 ~12% bf and I've neve really done any sort of hardcore supp.

Food proteins and complex carbs (lots of them) get you big. You can't just walk into a gym, lift weights, down drink protein to get big.. I'm sorry. 90% of guys in gyms are uneducated when it comes to lifting.

The best source for a crash course on lifting I can point you to is www.skinnyguy.net

good luck.

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    First of all your whole diet is going to play a bigger role in this then your brand of protein.

But here's some protein info from the UNMISSABLE thread at the top of this page...

*!*! ALL MEMBERS READ THIS - Rules, Information, and "Best Of" Threads Index *!*!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...43&postcount=6

... I wonder how you missed it?

wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strengths and weaknesses of Whey, Milk, Egg and Soy protein.

Whey Protein

This protein from milk is a by-product of cheese making. About 20% of the protein in milk is whey and 80% is casein. A filtering step converts it to a pure protein.

Strengths:

1. One of the highest quality proteins on earth. The B.V. (biological value) is 104. Higher than all other animal proteins.

2. Digests fast;won't leave you feeling full.
    3. Supports immune health from certain protein components.
    4. High in BCAAs important for bodybuilders and deters since BCAAs can be used for fuel, potentially sparing muscle tissue.
    5. Supports IFG-1wihich is important for bodybuilders.
    6. Good for lactose-sensitive people.

Weaknesses:
    1.Because it digests fast, it won't keep you satisfied for very long.
    2. Lower in naturally occurring glutamine than milk proteins, which is why glutamine is added to some formulas.

Milk Protein (casein, caseinate or milk isolate)

Casein is the predominant protein in milk. For example, the protein in cheese and cottage cheese is casein. Sometimes called calcium-, sodium-or potassium-caseinate.

Strengths:

1. This slow digesting protein keeps you full longer since it must form a gel during digestion before it is absorbed. This slower transit time may extend the exposure of the protein in the intestines and my help increase absorption.

2. Has a naturally high glutamine content, higher than whey, soy or egg.
    3. One of the best proteins for building muscle.
    4. Very low in lactose.

Weaknesses:

1. Some people have allergies to casein protein. If you have milk allergies from lactose only, then casein should not pose any problems since it is very low lactose.

Egg Protein (egg white or egg albumen)

This protein used to be the 'gold standard' that all other proteins were measured against, until whey protein came along. Most formulas contain very little egg protein.

Strengths:

1. Excellent amino acid profile with sulfur-bearing amino acids.

Weaknesses:

1. Slightly bitter taste.
    2. People unjustifiably perceive it to be high in cholesterol. But the bad rap on egg comes from the yolk, not the egg white. Protein powders use egg white.

Soy Protein

Soy protein is processed from the soybean plant. Most of the fat, fiber and carbs are removed. Since it is a vegetable product, it has no cholesterol.

Strengths:

1. Reduces heart disease risk. The FDA has approved a health claim as follows, "25 grams of soy protein daily in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease." It is thought that the isoflavones, found only in the protein portion of soy, account for its heart-healthy benefits.
    2. May help with normal thyroid function to keep your metabolism steady.
    3. High in glutamine, about the same as casein.

Weaknesses:

1. Not a high quality of a protein due to limiting essential amino acids.
    2. Not as good as whey or milk proteins for building muscle.
    3. Does not taste very good.
    4. Some brands use GMO soy, meaning it is from Genetically Modified Soybeans. Most brands are switching to the more expensive non-GMO (non genetically modified) soy for this reason.

In summary, different proteins offer varying advantages. Do your study, figure out your dietary needs before choosing the right protein for you.

trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000)
    is Optimum 100% Whey Protein good

maconstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5'10 @ 130 is absolutely tiny.

You might want to consider gaining mass.

yea i love to eat, i started eating 6 meals a day since yesterday when i joined this site and found out.

wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wiseguy1111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is Optimum 100% Whey Protein good
    IMO its the best one.

morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morph45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ON is good if you are low on money which at 17 your probally are. If you don't care about price and want a good low carb no fat protien the Nectar is a great tasting one that you should really consider.

beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beeker19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yea i love to eat, i started eating 6 meals a day since yesterday when i joined this site and found out.
    Be sure and eat clean and get a low carb protien like Nectar, or Isopure then you should have not problems getting ripped. It is sure good to find out stuff isn't it.