Registered User heartsandminds8's Avatar
    heartsandminds8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rate my workout plan

Hey guys, first time posting here. I'm following a workout plan mostly based on bodyweight/trx exercises and I was wondering if it seems effective enough for decent gains. I used to do weights a few years back, but I was never really happy with the gains and I simply didn't enjoy my workouts. I also have a bit of a problem with my neck and bodyweight exercises don't put nearly as much strain on my neck as weights. Here's what I did today for instance:

I start off with 5mins on the elliptical, then foam rolling & dynamic stretches.

As a circuit, x3
    Push ups (wide) x20
    Trx row
    Trx biceps curl
    Parallel Dip
    Trx Reverse Fly

As sets of 3:
    Forearm curls (with 6kg dumbbells)
    Squats
    Trx Hamstring Curl
    Leg press
    Glute bridges
    Hanging leg raises (bent knees)
    Bird Dog
    Boat

Finish off with foam rolling and static stretching.

I usually change it up a bit for each workout. On Friday I'm probably gonna add trx chest press and chest hug into the mix to focus on the chest more. And maybe pull-ups instead of pushups. So how does that look? I do something similar to this twice a week, and rest of the week I do yoga. (On most days before yoga I do some core exercises like trx pike, trx atomic crunches etc and also do battle ropes) Not exactly looking to get huge, but I do wanna get bigger obviously.

Thanks!

Anyone?

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In regards to what? Getting bigger and stronger, it sucks. Getting better at those particular exercises, it's great.
    The floundering has ended.

Lost19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are truly trying to get bigger you won't have much success with it. However, as a beginner lifter by working out and eating properly you may appear bigger due to increase in muscle and decrease in fat. As far as GPP it can work if you continue progressing and increasing reps/difficulty. For example doing BSS with the TRX and increasing the difficulty of the rows by changing your body angle. If you truly want to get bigger you would have to increase the intensity on these exercises and eventually start lifting weights though. Good Luck!

I do want to get bigger and stronger. As for what I'm asking, well I basically threw together these exercises myself, so I was wondering if it looks like a bunch of random stuff thrown together by an amateur/. I usually keep the TRX angles low enough to make it hard to get through sets of 12. As long as it's challenging me, does it matter if I use weights or not?

I expect it'll be hard to lower angles after a while though, which is when I'll have to switch to weights I guess. But then again, my body weight will also be changing, so maybe this will keep challenging me as long as I get bigger? But yeah, compared to weights, I expect the progress to be slow. But at this point I don't feel like tackling weights at all, so it's pretty much this stuff or nothing for me, if that makes sense. Anyhow, thanks for the replies!