LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking Flipper feet when squatting

Hey bro's

Just moved to a really cool gym, it's got everything I need so refreshing to find such a cool gym.

Anyway I have only ever squatted on the smith before the other day. I decided to make use of my gyms squat rack, when I used the squat rack my feet splayed outwards when my butt got close to the ground, and I was feeling strain in my calves and shins.

There was this big guy behind me doing dumbell shoulder press and he came over and asked if I wanted some help, so i said yes please I've only squatted using smith machine before. So he watched me squat again and started laughing saying that I'm a seal with flippers for feet . So then he said that I would get used to it and my form would improve with time.

Any advice guys ????

Later
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it sounds like you are having trouble keeping the weight on the back half of your foot. Only at the top position should any weight be on your toes, as you descend and come out of the hole all of the weight should be distributed to the back half of your foot.
    Focus on that while you are squatting. But here are a few other things to try to work on correcting that form:

overhead squats(if you need me to explain these, just ask)

you can also get into a power rack and set the bars at a position just slightly above where you would be at the lowest depth of your squat. now put a barbell on the powerracks bars, with a modest amount of weight. Squat as you normally would, but this time you are starting at the bottom position, not the top. You will not be able to get out of the hole with the weight shifted forward onto your toes. Hope this helps.
    "You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As is your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."-
    The Upanishads, Bridhadaranyaka IV. 5

"Kill the buddha!"

LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey thanks bro

I think you're right because I find myself going up onto tiptoes when squatting as well, maybe it's to do with not being flexible enough.

I'll use your advice and try and concentrate on keeping the weight on my heels when I squat next week. It's just weird how my feet seem to want to tiptoe all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?, if so anything I can do about it e.g. get a plank of wood and stand with my heels on that.

Later
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You really need to correct this problem now, it is a common begginer mistake. Seriously, you risk a major injury by performing squats in this manner.
    don't mess with a plate or board under your heels, do the overhead squats and the other excersise I named. For the overhead squats, start with a very light weight, probably just the bar. If your form is bad even that will be very challenging, I know 250 pound monsters who still have bad squat form who would not be able to handle just the bar on overhead squats. Good luck!
    "You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As is your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."-
    The Upanishads, Bridhadaranyaka IV. 5

"Kill the buddha!"