Thread: Suggestions?

NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Suggestions?

I'm relatively new to bodybuilding--been at it since February. I didn't start on a program like 5x5 or Ripptoe because I was at the point where 1) I would not have followed a strict workout regimen and 2) I knew that the most important thing for me to do was to get my ass in the gym in the first place, programs be damned. But now the time has come for me to bring more order to my workout.

I've made what I think are decent gains so far--if not in weight (I think I've gained 5 to 10 lbs, tops, and this, only in my chest and arms), then certainly in strength. The problem was that I didn't give proper attention to my legs and shoulders. No surprise that I incurred a slight injury a few months ago. Well, I recently recovered in full from said injury, have been back in the gym for about a month, and now am looking to put on some serious mass--the right way.

Anyway, I don't feel like my current workout will hack it.

/Shoulders/
    Front Raises: 3 x 10 @ 12.5 lbs
    Lateral Raises 3 x 10 @ 12.5 lbs

/Chest/
    Dumb Bell Flat Bench Press: 3 x 10 @ 55 lbs / 1 x 6 @ 60 lbs
    Dumb Bell Incline Bench Press: 3 x 10 @ 45 lbs
    Dumb Bell Flyes: 3 x 10 @ 25 lbs
    Bar Bell Decline Bench Press: 3 x 10 @ 150 lbs

The rest probably isn't worth listing since I don't perform the exercises often or consistently enough for them to make much of a difference.

My goal seems to be that of everyone else: to pack on as much lean muscle mass as possible.

What program can do this for me?
    Target Weight: 170 lbs @ single-digit body fat by March 2014.
    A part of me dies whenever I make a typo.

Hewn from a dream of what could be.

ILive4This has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILive4This has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILive4This has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ILive4This has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's up man? I'm relatively new to bodybuilding also. I've been studying it for about a year and doing it myself for only about 8 weeks. In that 8 weeks, I've put on 10 pounds of muscle. First of all, I'd definately get out of the gym for at least a couple days a week rather than lifting every day. Plus, starting out at what sounds like a pretty light weight (like I did myself), I wouldn't be doing an excessive number of exercises for each bodypart. If you're looking to gain mass (the right way, as you said), lift heavy and keep the number of reps down. I usually do a couple of warm-up sets, then a couple of working sets of 4-6 reps. Also, the most important part, eat like it's your job. Eat eat eat, and get your rest. There's certainly a lot more to know, so just ask if you need to.