Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cut strongmen?

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by ZachG_85
    Can this guy go too?
    i'll think about it
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Deciever
    i'll think about it
    You're on fire!

Monte Cristo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excess weight can matter for some lifts.
    Louis Simmons commented that his gut
    hindered his deadlifts. It has to be true
    that a large waist would hurt the low position of the lift especially. On the other hand a larger waist makes the squat feel more stable, at least, I find squats easier at higher bodyweight and
    with a thicker waist.

Body composition and girth will affect leverage. As an example if you had a large waist and shorter arms, it would be
    more difficult to do an event like the stone lifts because the stone's center of
    gravity would be farther away from you
    and the stone itself would be more difficult to grasp. On the other hand events like pulling buses would be aided by the extra weight, if the extra weight of
    your body did not trash your cardio.

There was an important point mentioned earlier about how the
    lean strongman was probably was healthier. I have seen too many death
    reports on Superheavy powerlifters who are gone at an early age to doubt
    it.

I guess it is a trade off. The big guys roll the dice on their health for strength
    gains. It is their choice. I think it would be a longer road to include a
    dieting cycle and cardio work in a strongman routine, but it probably would be wise in the long run.

Also, in someone like Pudnowski (sp ?)
    may be a blessed individual who is both naturally lean and very strong, so
    heredity is definitely a factor.

matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000)
    Although the Kaz is one of the biggest proponents of WSM and strongman in general he is also one of the biggest critics. I have read interviews with him in which he stated that the "powers that be" in strongman cater the final events to help guide the selection of the winner. In fact, during his peak, they feared no one could beat him and everyone would lose interest in the sport, so for five years he did not get an invite to the competition. "The powers" felt that Jon Pall Sigmarson should have been the winner, thus drawing Europe's attention to the sport. (Up to that point Kaz and Bruce Wilhelm both Americans were dominant.) Do you think this might have been the case this year? With Pudzianowski as the reigning WSM, not only do they draw the attention of Europe, but his physique will appeal to the bodybuilders out there who in the past, could have given less than a **** about strongman. The deadlift for reps and the squat for reps were probably the only two events in the final that did not involve speed, and Mariusz only placed in the middle of the pack. I think Mariusz is awesome in his own right, but after watching the WSM this year I think it should have been "A Really Fast Dude Who Is Also Strong As ****."
    "In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result." - James Allen

"He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. This is the nature of living creatures" - Friedrich Nietzsche

jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Steinkalt
    i always get a luagh out of the PL forum. So many guys get pissy over the whole fat issue. Are they or arn't they. I think the forum should be changed from Pl to the overly sensitive fat guy forum.
    to quote officer wiggum: "that hurt my FEELINGS"

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why is everyone taking the time to spoil the only good forum in this whole board?

Whats sad is some of us powerlifters actually go help the bodybuilders on the main forums and what do we get in return? People coming here spaming our board calling us fat slobs. This realy needs to stop. Have some respect. It would be really sad to know just b/c we arnt like them they have to come turn this board into hell like teenbb forum.

Lifter

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Powerlifter16
    Why is everyone taking the time to spoil the only good forum in this whole board?

Whats sad is some of us powerlifters actually go help the bodybuilders on the main forums and what do we get in return? People coming here spaming our board calling us fat slobs. This realy needs to stop. Have some respect. It would be really sad to know just b/c we arnt like them they have to come turn this board into hell like teenbb forum.

Lifter
    Hey bro, some of us bodybuilders got your back

And I would be quite pissed to see a bunch of immature children ruin this board, the PLers are as a whole the best bunch around here, besides possibly the steroid vets.

Rolf Harris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by matt_T
    Although the Kaz is one of the biggest proponents of WSM and strongman in general he is also one of the biggest critics. I have read interviews with him in which he stated that the "powers that be" in strongman cater the final events to help guide the selection of the winner. In fact, during his peak, they feared no one could beat him and everyone would lose interest in the sport, so for five years he did not get an invite to the competition. "The powers" felt that Jon Pall Sigmarson should have been the winner, thus drawing Europe's attention to the sport. (Up to that point Kaz and Bruce Wilhelm both Americans were dominant.) Do you think this might have been the case this year? With Pudzianowski as the reigning WSM, not only do they draw the attention of Europe, but his physique will appeal to the bodybuilders out there who in the past, could have given less than a **** about strongman. The deadlift for reps and the squat for reps were probably the only two events in the final that did not involve speed, and Mariusz only placed in the middle of the pack. I think Mariusz is awesome in his own right, but after watching the WSM this year I think it should have been "A Really Fast Dude Who Is Also Strong As ****."
    hmmm...so you're telling us that they got rid of Kaz because he was winning too much, then replaced him with someone who won too much also? Jon Pal won 4 times as did Magnus. when will you Americans admit that you suck at wsm? Please just admit it - its all that we ask, stop throwing around your lame conspiracy theories. Steve Kirin is the best wsm in america at the moment is he not? And he got invited. And he faired badly. As usual. Europe always dominates wsm, facts are facts - you cannot continue to refer to some guy who was actually decent about 20 years ago! Its pathetic!! Let it go!!! Can you imagine if all the icelandics did the same or the fins!??!? The Americans it seems are ingracious in defeat. Thats for sure.

Kinda reminds me of the English still chirping on about how they won the world cup in 1966 even to this day. Many countries have won it several times since then and don't make anywhere near as much noise!!!!!!
    Last edited by Rolf Harris; 12-31-2002 at 04:18 AM.

Originally posted by Big H
    Busta capp is banned by your favorite PL mod deceiver. If he gives any more **** let me know.
    hmmm. IP banning can only go so far. Is there a way you can ban proxies?

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Rolf Harris
    hmmm. IP banning can only go so far. Is there a way you can ban proxies?
    That would ban anyone else using the same proxy.

yup, which is why IP banning is pointless.

matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Rolf Harris
    hmmm...so you're telling us that they got rid of Kaz because he was winning too much, then replaced him with someone who won too much also? Jon Pal won 4 times as did Magnus. when will you Americans admit that you suck at wsm? Please just admit it - its all that we ask, stop throwing around your lame conspiracy theories. Steve Kirin is the best wsm in america at the moment is he not? And he got invited. And he faired badly. As usual. Europe always dominates wsm, facts are facts - you cannot continue to refer to some guy who was actually decent about 20 years ago! Its pathetic!! Let it go!!! Can you imagine if all the icelandics did the same or the fins!??!? The Americans it seems are ingracious in defeat. Thats for sure.

Kinda reminds me of the English still chirping on about how they won the world cup in 1966 even to this day. Many countries have won it several times since then and don't make anywhere near as much noise!!!!!!

Most of what I talked about can be found in this interview:
    http://www.strongestman.com/int/int2.shtml
    An Interview with Bill Kazmaier

http://www.strongestman.com/int/int6.shtml
    An Interview with Magnús Ver Magnússon

Even Magnus Ver Magnusson alludes to the same thing Bill does in the above interview, so I don't think it only happens to Americans. You are right the American competitors cannot compete in the WSM today, but my reference was to several years ago wen WSM was a new sport. American dominance so early in the sport would have defeated the "World's" Strongest Man title, and caused the disinterest of the other countries. In no way did I mean to imply that America was the greatest at strongman competition.
    "In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result." - James Allen

"He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. This is the nature of living creatures" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Inzah Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Deejay_Spike
    when will people understand ???

it doesn't ****ing MATTER!!!!

this is a competition for strongmen !!!!

where in the word STRONGMAN do you see either cut, fat bodybuilder or something else?

right, because it doesn't ****ing matter!!!

the strongest wins, PERIOD!

fatsos win, great
    lean guys win, great

it's all down to ONE thing, strength and how they deal with it.

goddamnit O.D. Wilson was inhumanly strong yet looked beefy.
    ****, Anthony clark is one of the world's biggest benchers, squats 1000+ pounds yes he has probably 110lbs of pure fat on his body!

when will people understand??

next thread i read about it i will simply delete it.... and this very post should be read by EVERYONE so that people finally understand !!

Take er easy deejay. I was just saying that because most people think that powerlifters/strongmen are fat. So I said it more to make a point I guess since most people think bodybuilders are ripped and strongmen are fat. I didn't mean it to offend you or anyone else on these boards. I think you took it the wrong way.
    Last edited by Inzah Dude; 01-01-2003 at 11:11 AM.

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah but even if they are fat, i don't care, WE know it's not like that, and people who try to understand our sport, and who actually give a **** about it, KNOW that.

so talking about that and stuff is just like you and me knowing each other for all our lives, having the same hear color and talking about 'hey, you're a redhead'
    i mean.... duh

you didn't offend me but heck, it doesn't ****ing matter and you know this just as good as i do

Location: Merseyside, The North, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Holy crap just watched the final! That Muriusz dude was awesome!! Didn't fair as well as the ex-powerlifters in the statics though, but WSM aint powerlifting.

Imagine being the WSM and ripped to the bone!

Sure is a damn shame about Johnny Perry though huh? What a nice guy and a real contender too!

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by BustaCapp
    Holy crap just watched the final! That Muriusz dude was awesome!! Didn't fair as well as the ex-powerlifters in the statics though, but WSM aint powerlifting.

Sure is a damn shame about Johnny Perry though huh? What a nice guy and a real contender too!
    Definately... i missed most of the show, but the parts i did see were good..
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh *weeps*

i don't have Europsport or any channel broadcasting it so i didn't see **** !!!!!!!!! aargh!!!!!!!!!

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    What happened to John Perry? I watched it and it was like "In memory of John Perry" I was like what?

Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh *weeps*

i don't have Europsport or any channel broadcasting it so i didn't see **** !!!!!!!!! aargh!!!!!!!!!
    I saw it on BBC 1
    "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam." - Winston Churchill

and you didn't say ANYTHING !!!!

dude you could at least have sent a PM.... goddamn... :'(

Originally posted by breathingmurder
    What happened to John Perry? I watched it and it was like "In memory of John Perry" I was like what?

he died

Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    and you didn't say ANYTHING !!!!

dude you could at least have sent a PM.... goddamn... :'(
    I would have, but I was at my grandmothers place...
    "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam." - Winston Churchill

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Id hope your not being sarcastic with your last statement, given your previous crap you have started that is what it sounds like to me.

Lifter

BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    your a friggin idiot man. Show some respect.

your a friggin idiot man. Show some respect.
    I show respect, but it appears you do not!

lifter

I show respect, but it appears you do not!

lifter
    WTF?!?!

are you ****ing blind you idiot? I was praising the guy!

you are one dumb little kid.

WTF?!?!

are you ****ing blind you idiot? I was praising the guy!

you are one dumb little kid.
    No I am not stupid or dumb and by all means iam not a little kid. Your the one ACTIng like a little kid. I simpled made the comment saying I hope u where not sarcastic when you said that. The world 'sure' makes it sound like "oh no big deal he died"!

Your not a very bright guy with the "I'll kick your ass attitude over the internet!"

lifter

back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No I am not stupid or dumb and by all means iam not a little kid. Your the one ACTIng like a little kid. I simpled made the comment saying I hope u where not sarcastic when you said that. The world 'sure' makes it sound like "oh no big deal he died"!

Your not a very bright guy with the "I'll kick your ass attitude over the internet!"

lifter
    Still pickin' fights ?
    "The greatest danger to most of us is not that we aim too high and miss it but that we aim too low and reach it"
    Michelangelo Buonarroti

Originally posted by back2it
    Still pickin' fights ?
    I think not. I made a simple comment refering to what he said and he bows up like a little tough cookie.

lifter

I think not. I made a simple comment refering to what he said and he bows up like a little tough cookie.
    Um where did I start acting like a "little tough cookie"? Is it because I said you had no respect and are a little kid? LOL if you think that bowing up then you've got a lot of problems ahead of you. You will get your ass kicked a lot in life if that is your thinking.

But then again you are only 16 - and boy does it show.

There's only one person here who lowered the tone of what I said about Johnny Perry, and turned this into another cheap slanging match. I hope you are proud.