Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CarmenBell View Post
    How sad. They are turning figure into a glorified bikini contest
    X2

Fitness Factory IFBB Pro Beefcake Girl's Avatar
    Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK, I gotta say this is not entirely true and was taken out of context. I just turned pro this year and I have leg definition and I flare my lats and I have distinct shoulder caps And in fact, at my pro debut this year, I was the smallest girl on stage and I need to spend the off season building more size & density! The fact that I have good balance, symmetry and conditioning is what helps me place well at this point, until I get a bit more muscle.

They ARE making the statement that they don't want you overly muscular or overly lean. Muscle maturity (without too much bulk) and separation (without striation) is what they want. I have competed nationally for 2 years and this has always been the mandate. The differences you see in physiques is simply due to judging preference, some girls look better a little harder, some can carry a softer look, but all within the same realm ideally.

Also, this idea seems to stem from the directive we are given on stage at times, not to "flex" Some girls flex too hard and the idea, no matter if you are fitness, figure or BB, is to look relaxed and the head judge will say that. Some friends of mine actually do not overly flare their lats in their back pose because it looks too obvious---and they have enough muscle that they look fine without exagerrating the pose. Jenny Gates is one of those girls who does this

But for anyone who thinks it is a bikini contest you are wrong There is more pagentry involved than in BB (like makeup, hair, suits, etc) but I challenge anyone to diet HARD with no cheats, lift as heavy as humanly possible, and do twice per day cardios for 22 weeks! I did all this to prepare for Nationals.

I do not roll out of bed looking like I do on stage and it takes months of intense prep and physical exertion. I don't just look like I am in shape, I AM IN SHAPE and I bust my ass to get that way. I train just as hard as the national level and pro bodybuilders in my gym and in fact some of them are in my training groups occassionally!

Not to rant on anyone, I know ya'll didn't mean any harm and I am not taking offense but I just want to reassure you that there still is a standard for figure that inherently involves hard training and dieting

Personally I am happy to see so many people feel the same way that I do...I don't want them to make it easier on us or loosen the requirements at all...I want something to work towards!!! I love working to build my physique and test my limits and I want the bar to be placed high...I never want to stop working and building
    Last edited by Beefcake Girl; 10-02-2007 at 07:55 AM.
    2007 NPC Figure Class C National Champion
    IFBB PRO
    Optimum Nutrition Athlete
    VSX Team Trainer (Victoria's Secret Fitness)
    Fitness Factory Personal Trainer

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not to mention

THIS THREAD WAS BUMPED FROM 2006.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Not to mention

THIS THREAD WAS BUMPED FROM 2006.
    This was one of the threads retrieved after a search for figure competitons, and it caught my eye. Have the rules changed greatly in the last year? So much to learn. I'm waiting to receive a list of the rules by email unless someone knows where I can find them. Thanks T
    Last edited by misstransformer; 10-02-2007 at 09:51 AM.

misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Beefcake Girl View Post
    OK, I gotta say this is not entirely true and was taken out of context. I just turned pro this year and I have leg definition and I flare my lats and I have distinct shoulder caps And in fact, at my pro debut this year, I was the smallest girl on stage and I need to spend the off season building more size & density! The fact that I have good balance, symmetry and conditioning is what helps me place well at this point, until I get a bit more muscle.

They ARE making the statement that they don't want you overly muscular or overly lean. Muscle maturity (without too much bulk) and separation (without striation) is what they want. I have competed nationally for 2 years and this has always been the mandate. The differences you see in physiques is simply due to judging preference, some girls look better a little harder, some can carry a softer look, but all within the same realm ideally.

Also, this idea seems to stem from the directive we are given on stage at times, not to "flex" Some girls flex too hard and the idea, no matter if you are fitness, figure or BB, is to look relaxed and the head judge will say that. Some friends of mine actually do not overly flare their lats in their back pose because it looks too obvious---and they have enough muscle that they look fine without exagerrating the pose. Jenny Gates is one of those girls who does this

But for anyone who thinks it is a bikini contest you are wrong There is more pagentry involved than in BB (like makeup, hair, suits, etc) but I challenge anyone to diet HARD with no cheats, lift as heavy as humanly possible, and do twice per day cardios for 22 weeks! I did all this to prepare for Nationals.

I do not roll out of bed looking like I do on stage and it takes months of intense prep and physical exertion. I don't just look like I am in shape, I AM IN SHAPE and I bust my ass to get that way. I train just as hard as the national level and pro bodybuilders in my gym and in fact some of them are in my training groups occassionally!

Not to rant on anyone, I know ya'll didn't mean any harm and I am not taking offense but I just want to reassure you that there still is a standard for figure that inherently involves hard training and dieting

Personally I am happy to see so many people feel the same way that I do...I don't want them to make it easier on us or loosen the requirements at all...I want something to work towards!!! I love working to build my physique and test my limits and I want the bar to be placed high...I never want to stop working and building
    Hi BeefCakeGirl, this was my understanding as well. But I'm still learning the do's and don'ts and wanted to find out for sure. Based on the physiques I've seen of figure competitors here on bb.com and in the above video, there is plenty of muscle going on, which takes hard work. The back, glute, and thigh definition of the women in that video stand out the most to me...Muscular, without too much bulk and mass. T

p.s. Sorry I had to remove your "smiley" faces. The system wouldn't let me post this as a quote, because there were more than "six images". I guess smiley's are considered images.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by misstransformer View Post
    This was one of the threads retrieved after a search for figure competitons, and it caught my eye. Have the rules changed greatly in the last year? So much to learn. I'm waiting to receive a list of the rules by email unless someone knows where I can find them. Thanks T
    I saw in your post the mention that you knew it was bumped, but other people seemed to have missed it
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

I saw in your post the mention that you knew it was bumped, but other people seemed to have missed it
    Oh well, amendments usually stay in effect for longer than a year, so if these are in fact requirements, it would be great to know for sure. T

Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I saw that too but I do hear a lot of grumbling about this subject even now so I just figured I'd say something....I just hope no one is discouraged from figure because they think it's a bikini contest. Muscularity and conditioning are still a factor in judging, no worries!
    IFBB PRO

Hi BeefCakeGirl, this was my understanding as well. But I'm still learning the do's and don'ts and wanted to find out for sure. Based on the physiques I've seen of figure competitors here on bb.com and in the above video, there is plenty of muscle going on, which takes hard work. The back, glute, and thigh definition of the women in that video stand out the most to me...Muscular, without too much bulk and mass. T

p.s. Sorry I had to remove your "smiley" faces. The system wouldn't let me post this as a quote, because there were more than "six images". I guess smiley's are considered images.
    Hey there Miss Transformer!

You are right about the back, glute and thigh area. My trainer always says he doesn't start judging til the girls turn around. Then you can see not only muscularity, density and detail in the back but you see the CONDITIONING in the legs! A six pack can be genetic on a girl but tightening up the lower half is all hard work

And yeah, I get a little "smiley face" crazy and overdo it sometimes LOL
    IFBB PRO

Granola eatin' fool fitcajungirl's Avatar
    fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitcajungirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also this this might be taken out of context as well. They made these "amendments" I think because before then the girls were way hard and striated and they made this to change things and since then it has been a little better.

Like Beefcake girl said, it is SO not a bikini contest.
    check out my awesome site, fitlisa.com

Bustin ass to surpass my genetic potential!

Thumbs up The back shows whatcha working with....lol

Originally Posted by Beefcake Girl View Post
    Hey there Miss Transformer!

You are right about the back, glute and thigh area. My trainer always says he doesn't start judging til the girls turn around. Then you can see not only muscularity, density and detail in the back but you see the CONDITIONING in the legs! A six pack can be genetic on a girl but tightening up the lower half is all hard work

And yeah, I get a little "smiley face" crazy and overdo it sometimes LOL
    Hey BC, girl I'm with your trainer. I've seen many jaw dropping front poses, and I always wonder WHERE ARE THE BACK PHOTOS????? Or at least a few side photos to show the triceps.

You are 100% correct! If someone is genetically prone to low body fat and ab definition, those babies will pop with the "least" effort. However, let me see a back pose. Even if blessed genetically, those muscles(back,hams,glutes, etc), require a lot more work to acquire definition for "most" people.

Miss T(has a long way to go in both areas, but can't wait to see back results)

Originally Posted by fitcajungirl View Post
    I also this this might be taken out of context as well. They made these "amendments" I think because before then the girls were way hard and striated and they made this to change things and since then it has been a little better.

Like Beefcake girl said, it is SO not a bikini contest.
    I know it varies, but what fat % are most women when a striated look is obtained? I saved a previous message which broke down an estimate of fat % for men with different looks, but I'm not sure if that would apply to women since we tend to have more fat. Miss T

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know it varies, but what fat % are most women when a striated look is obtained? I saved a previous message which broke down an estimate of fat % for men with different looks, but I'm not sure if that would apply to women since we tend to have more fat. Miss T
    That's hard to say because every body is different. But I'd guess and say you start to get some striations when you are getting close to single digits. A big factor in seeing those striations is the skin color and oil. You might not be able to see all the details until the skin has been tanned and then oiled/pumped up.
    National Competitor

katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just to add my two cents...

My biggest concern is that if figure were to become more popular...fitness and bodybuilding would go by the wayside.

I have always felt that a muscular, healthy woman is and should be the ideal. Both of my parents loved female bodybuilders and have many old books that I read when I was in my teens, just learning about the benefits of lifting.

There is an article that a man wrote on bodybuilding.com a while back that discusses this issue as well. He made the good point that, while the adminstrators of these events "think" that emphasizing figure is the way to bring more fans/ratings/profits/etc...the truth is, the REAL and TRUE fans of the sport are there to see the FEMALE BODYBUILDERS and FITNESS competitors.

It would be an insult to trainers/competitors/fans to change the focus of the sport just to cave to market interests!

There is no way I will EVER stop lifting just because I don't fit the "mold". Bodybuilding is not just about looking a certain way, it is about living a healthy lifestyle and becoming a role model to young women the world around!

Originally Posted by katyloyal View Post
    There is no way I will EVER stop lifting just because I don't fit the "mold". Bodybuilding is not just about looking a certain way, it is about living a healthy lifestyle and becoming a role model to young women the world around!
    I agree! There is no way I'd have the same motivation, if weight training were simply about winning a prize, or gaining approval from others. I believe the majority of women train with weights, because of the personal satisfaction and benefits they obtain from doing so. In terms of those who compete, I believe winning is simply icing on the cake for most. Miss T

Originally Posted by sixzebra View Post
    That's hard to say because every body is different. But I'd guess and say you start to get some striations when you are getting close to single digits. A big factor in seeing those striations is the skin color and oil. You might not be able to see all the details until the skin has been tanned and then oiled/pumped up.
    Thanks Teresa for this response. Also, I have noticed that darker skin really does make a difference when it comes to seeing details. T

Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CarmenBell View Post
    How sad. They are turning figure into a glorified bikini contest
    I don't know if all shows are being judged this way, but I was incredibly disappointed that the NPC show I attended last weekend was won by a girl that can only be described as thin and toned (and I absolutely hate the word "toned" - but it fits here). She was symmetrical, but had no muscle fullness anywhere - no shoulder caps, no width to the back, and thin legs. She won her both class and overall open figure. I guess I just don't understand... I'm probably just outdated and not rolling with the times, but I saw nothing wrong with the way figure was judged before. Why would you decide as an organization to value this beach-body style physique over muscular fullness, symmetry, and definition? Don't bikini contests already fill this niche?
    Net
    What Life is Really About - Be willing to work hard. Do what you know you should do. Go to church. Be happy with what you have. Don't chase after things you don't need. Stand up for what you know is right. Take care of yourself and your family. Help those people who need you. - Unknown