Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Unhappy is my boss going to fire me , signs to watch for

i got this job about a week ago. i do programming, in my resume i stated the strengths that i have and the languages and technologies i know. i had the interview and everything went smooth.

when i started working i was told to use a technology that i never used, in fact 2 of them that i never used and never even mentioned in my resume. so i ended up having to learn and and actually produce somthing on the job.

man, i was working for about 12 hours daily and im gald this is the weekend. i wasnt able to produce somthing but it took me a week what a person who knows this would do in maybe 2 days at most. all he was providing me is the books but no training, nothing. so im on my own.

so anyway i felt that my boss is not liking this, and it ruined my morning today when he actually was igonoring me. so during lunch break i asked him to join me and i open up to him about how i feel, and that i think that he is disapointed in me. i made it clear that i never mentioned that i know any of those things that im using. i also told him if he feels that im not good enough to please let me know, i made it clear to him that i want us to be honest and defenitly no hard feelings. he asked me about my house rent if i have signed the lease which made me feel that he really is thinking of firing me.

later that day he changed my assignemnt to do somthing with a technology that i know. before i left i told him that i want to talk to him and took him to the corner and told him to let me know ahead of time if things r not working for him. and if that im not doing enough i told him that he should let me know. and give me advance warning that he might fire me.

then i told him that i will ask my landlord about not signing the lease for a year yet until the end of the month. my boss told me not to worry about it because ill be doing this with technology that i know so he is ok with me.

my question is , do u think he will fire me , well he warn me? does he have to give me warning before firing me? and what is better him firing me or me quiting?

peace

RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit RobArson's BodySpace
    first of all, that sucks. Sorry about that. I'm doing an internship as a software engineer but I've had nothing but support from my coworkers and they've taught me how to do a lot of stuff. I'd be totally screwed in the ass if they hadn't helped me out (and they're still helping me out).

That being said, I just realized you've only worked there one week...

YOU'VE ONLY WORKED THERE ONE WEEK! They expect you to suck ass at first! Hell, I worked on a bug at the beginning of my internship that took me a week or two and I know for a fact that one of the software engineers in my dept. could have finished it in 3 or 4 hours. It takes time to learn the way your company does things, they way the code works, what modules do what, and the technology they use. NOBODY EXPECTS YOU TO LEARN IT OVERNIGHT!

And it's not different for a full-time employee, I assure you. No one comes into a company and starts off fixing bugs or coding projects as fast as the experienced guys. There are guys at my work who are still learning a lot of sh*t and they've been there awhile.

My suggestion is not to whine to your boss anymore and just try to do your job. If something's hard, google that sh*t. If you can't figure it out in 5 or 10 minutes even though it's a relatively simple task, go ask your boss or another programmer.

Lastly, you sound like a prototypical anxious personality. Bascially that means you overanalyze and overreact to everything and I wouldn't doubt that you're pretty needy in social relationships. You might wanna go to Amazon.com and find a book about Anxious, Avoidant, and Secure personality types and maybe you can learn to develop a healthier personality. Nobody likes to be around a worry wart.

Good luck.
    Last edited by RobArson; 06-30-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pharos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    I've been working as an application developer for 2 years now, and to be honest, the first few weeks were absolute hell. It was extremely overwhelming, and like yourself, I did have to put in a lot of OT at the beginning just to get up to par.

Honestly, expect to do a lot of learning on the job, as every company does things very differently.

In terms of him firing you, I'm not really sure, although he definatly sounds like an ass.

BodyPoints: 53
    johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit johnna's BodySpace
    You talked to him about your concerns and now he knows so I wouldn't keep trying to talk to him about this anymore as he might get annoyed especially after he said he was ok with you.

Also remember he probably has alot on his own mind about other things so if you feel he's ignoring you or he's only thinking about how your doing, he probably isn't. My boss gets stressed about the things he's taking care of which in turn makes us, his employees think we did something wrong or that he don't like us very much which is totally not the case so don't try to read anything into him or his actions around you.

Your new and most bosses realize it takes a while to learn the ropes and get a hold of what your doing in that job. They don't expect you to jump right in and be perfect and if they do then I can assure you that nothing you do will ever be good enough so you wouldn't want to stay in a job where they treat you that way.

He changed your assignment to something you are familiar with so that is a good sign in my opinion. It shows that he understands why you was having trouble and tried to help make it easier for you as a new employee.

Most employers look for people who work hard and try to do a good job and if you do the best you can to show them that you value your job they will be more apt to be more lenient when your new.

If I was you, I would take time in my spare time to try and learn all you can about the other technology that you was given at the beginning. If you can work at home and try to learn it, then that will show them you are willing and eager to learn new things and that will impress them even more.

All in all try not to worry so much or analyze everything. Just do your job and give it your best and you can be sure they will notice and things will only get better.

Good luck.

BodyPoints: 53
    johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit johnna's BodySpace
    Don't like how I write? Well thats just too damn bad now isn't it? Trust me, I will NOT lose any sleep over it.

This is a forum, not school so you can take your links and shove them where the sun don't shine

BodyPoints: 5859
    Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Goofxta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Goofxta's BodySpace
    You did the right thing approaching him with your concerns. He is in the wrong for throwing you in the deep end without help. Also I don't think he will fire you.
    I've been working in tech support for months and I still ask questions to the senior technicians all the time. Its simply how work is. Over time, you'll ask questions less and less and other people will start asking you questions etc.

im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) im_it has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    greate guys, u making me feel better.

keep the repling to my original question, but also if u can reply to this ill will appreciate it.

just in case if it doesnt workout..should i quit or let him fire me ?

peace

RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RobArson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit RobArson's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by im_it
    greate guys, u making me feel better.

keep the repling to my original question, but also if u can reply to this ill will appreciate it.

just in case if it doesnt workout..should i quit or let him fire me ?

peace
    don't quit dude. you've been there 1 week and you could make a great job out of this if you don't blow it by overreacting and worrying.

Stats: 5'8", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3835
    Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Guy Fawkes has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Guy Fawkes's BodySpace
    Noone expects you to hit the ground running. As long as it looks like you are getting up to speed after 4-8 weeks, you'll be fine.

Make it clear that you are learning and keen to learn new stuff and you WILL get the job done, not matter what it takes.

Everyone loves a dedicated worker.
    170 lbs @ 10%, 185 lbs by summer 2011

\V/

BodyPoints: 12860
    louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) louisdorkman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit louisdorkman's BodySpace
    your boss is an ass for giving you an assignment he knows you have no experience in. he might've been just testing you to see how you'd react and how fast you learn. in any case, it's just a job and you can always find another...so don't stress too much on it. if you do, you'll worry more, and get nervous, and it will show..then people around you will think you're nothing but a stressed drama queen who can't handle pressure..then you'd really get fired.

ur right,

ill just try to be ahead with my projects that way i dont have to worry about not having somthing to show. now im doing somthing that i can handle at least.

keep advices comming please,
    peace

BodyPoints: 15
    mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mickey mouse's BodySpace
    read up on what the law is so you can set him up and sue his ass.

now you know what's up so prepare your defence
    HONEY!

i dont want to sue him..

i love the job. but i think he was asking me for the impssible before. now im ok, i mean it is just one day now, so lets see in the long run.

peace

joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) joeblowgan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    it doesnt sound like he is going to fire you. i dont know your field but there is always another place to work. when i started my first real job after i finished school i was the same way. i thought it was a good place to work and all i wanted to do was please my boss i was pretty naive. just because people are in a position of power does not mean they are smarter or better im sure you know this stuff already it just seems like they got you by the balls and to be honest you seem scared. dont worry even if you got fired you went to school trust me things will work out. i wouldnt worry ofcourse do your best whatever you do but if your boss dont like it **** him dont fall into the headgames bs. work for money not your boss he sounds like a real jag a good boss will help you and make you confident even when you **** up they will make a joke of it well if its not to big. i wouldnt worry though its hard to fire someone most of the time they try to do it in a way where you cant get unemployment.

Stats: 6'2", 263 lbs
    BodyPoints: 14103
    Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dark Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Dark Phoenix's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by mickey mouse
    read up on what the law is so you can set him up and sue his ass.

now you know what's up so prepare your defence

Less than 3 months they can fire without reason or notice. After three months it becomes a bitch to fire someone.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

Stats: 5'10", 212 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8179
    jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jannek has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit jannek's BodySpace

The STFU crew is all about stopping bull****s and the people behind those bull****s!

Have something positive to contribute? Then go ahead.

Have something useless to contribute? Then STFU!!!

survived week one , and now serviving end of week 2 of work.. but man, i have a lot of things to do and i dont know how to keep up. i just witnessed my partner taking a beating while he was being questioned about this and that. he by mistake had erased data that he worked on 2 days before, so now he has to redo the whole thing again.

my boss keeps going with me to lunch and he keeps on telling me this and that , he is telling me that he is teaching me. not tht i complain about that , in fact i welcome it.

but still i dont really understand him that well yet. today after i finished work i went home then when i checked my email i found that he sent me asking me to review somthing that he will need me to know by tomorrow. more than one topic ofcourse + im still trying to finish my original goal in my project and i have to read another book to learn a technology that we will use later on.

is he over working me??

peace

work is ok now, environment is good and easy but a lot of hard work.

i have to show a demo "running program" this friday. after im done with this project then my boss will asign me to another one immediatly , can u believe that sh**t.

im being overworked i think.

i dont know what to do.. gosh

donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) donebust is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    wow you're tough, a regular tough guy, mr tough, too tough for me, your dad must be proud of having such a tough son, congratulations tough guy you are the toughest guy on here.

Registered Lifter Mark=Excellence's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3702
    Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark=Excellence has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Mark=Excellence's BodySpace
    Why would he ask you out of the blue, about your rent...

That Man is a Machine BurningHeart's Avatar
    Stats: 6'2", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 11799
    BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BurningHeart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit BurningHeart's BodySpace
    Author, Writer for TheStreet.

My stock investment book is published on Amazon Kindle, paperback, and audiobook:

www.thestockmarketoutsider.com

Stats: 6'0", 192 lbs
    BodyPoints: 12520
    Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Patrok's BodySpace
    what are those two technologies that you didnt knew

i cant talk abou that .. im trying as much as i can not say or give any info of what exactly im developing nor what im using.

so lets just stick to the fact that i need to learn and learn fast a lot of things + do projects that needs to be launched by end of this year.

so i think ill be really f*cked up.. for 2.5 weeks now i didt workout. and lost little weight due bad diet and stress.

everyone who knows me told me and i told my story to , told me that im being overworked here.

peace

Stats: 6'0", 192 lbs
    BodyPoints: 12520
    Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Patrok is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Patrok's BodySpace
    i cant talk abou that .. im trying as much as i can not say or give any info of what exactly im developing nor what im using.

so lets just stick to the fact that i need to learn and learn fast a lot of things + do projects that needs to be launched by end of this year.

so i think ill be really f*cked up.. for 2.5 weeks now i didt workout. and lost little weight due bad diet and stress.

everyone who knows me told me and i told my story to , told me that im being overworked here.

peace
    you sir are an idiot,

you cannot even tell what technologies you are using, yet nobody know your name nor where you work ? Wow strong secret mr NSA.

dont be such a pussy, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, GET SOME EBOOKS,ETC

Stats: 6'4", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 36070
    KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KRANE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit KRANE's BodySpace

Thumbs up It's all about attitude

survived week one , and now serviving end of week 2 of work.. but man, i have a lot of things to do and i dont know how to keep up. i just witnessed my partner taking a beating while he was being questioned about this and that. he by mistake had erased data that he worked on 2 days before, so now he has to redo the whole thing again.

my boss keeps going with me to lunch and he keeps on telling me this and that , he is telling me that he is teaching me. not tht i complain about that , in fact i welcome it.

but still i dont really understand him that well yet. today after i finished work i went home then when i checked my email i found that he sent me asking me to review somthing that he will need me to know by tomorrow. more than one topic ofcourse + im still trying to finish my original goal in my project and i have to read another book to learn a technology that we will use later on.

is he over working me??

peace
    Yes he maybe overworking you, and testing you too. But if you really want the job, you've got to perform. Do everything you can, and you may have to work until you drop. But if your talking about quitting, I suspect that's not the case. Continue to look for a job you like, then the work will come naturally. Don't ever reveal your fears or discuss being fired with your boss. The only thing he wants to here (and that you should speak about) is how hard your willing to work to keep your job--even if it means coming in early and leaving late (but only if it's worth it).

If he fires you after just one week, or even two. there's more here than your telling us. That would indicate something personel, or that you're just a completely unsuited for the job. It takes time to learn a new job, and a good boss should know that. Keep the communication lines open with him; know what he expects. Continue to ask him how your doing and what you need to do to become better. You need to show him your enthusiastic (but don't be pretentious) and care about your work. But he does not have to give you any notice (in most cases) nor is he likely to warn you if he was. But if it happends, it happends. It doesn't necessarily mean you were a bad person or the your boss is an a**. It's just you weren't compatable.

If you've made mistakes learn from them, and move on. But don't ever quit--at least, not because it's hard work--you won't ever accomplish anything like that. Remember it's all about attitude
    Last edited by KRANE; 07-12-2006 at 09:07 AM.
    ◄FILMM∆KER CR€W►
    ◄PHOTOGRAPHY CR€W►
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ

**Official No Cell Phone Zombie Crew**

Muscle Memory is Real!
    Old Man Strength is Real!

It's been a long time coming but I know A Change Is Gonna Come

Unhappy

i have being a month and half in my job now. there is this project that i was working on, and it seems that everytime my boss and i meet there is a change in specifications and requirements, so i have to go and re-write ,add and remove things that i took time to do.

there is no project diagrams, no objects to create and nothing of how things interact. it is an idea and i have to create it. and the problem is im not working on one thing at a time, im actually doing 2-3 things at a time so i cant even put 100% into any objective and the project is due in a month from now, but with all the changes and modifications and the new ideas it seems that this will not end in time.
    i sent an email while i was working late at night so frustrated and fed up already "9 pm" to my boss, told him why rnt we putting a week or 2 just to figure out everything we want , how things interact.. make drwings and diagrams of components, create deadline for each component and a design how they interface at the end to create the product.

i told him in the email that im going to do what i can for today, i told him that i wont come tomorrw to work as i dont want us to clash. i took the laptop to work at home and try and finish some other peices of this thing. i told him that if he things that im not good enough then let me know and ill resign. ill return the laptop at night with the access card when they r gone , so i dont have to see him and that is it. i feel so overworked and stressed. when i started working a month ago i was 157 lb, now im 140 clean. just in a month time.

he tried calling me last night when i left home, so i guess he checked the email. i didnt answer the phone, he left a messge telling me that he will be awake for another 2 hours and if i got the call to please call him. later on he sent me email telling me that we should set at lunch time and talk so we can manage timeline and stuff to fit the needs.

any way i didnt go to work today, i sent him an email to ask him to reply to me according to what i sent him.

please tell me what u think , what i should do and so on.

Stats: 3'1", 575 lbs
    BodyPoints: 13999
    OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OmniPotentTitan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit OmniPotentTitan's BodySpace
    i aint readin all that but...
    stand up for yourself you sorry excuse for a man.

BodyPoints: 2390
    JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JYC has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit JYC's BodySpace
    Dude, if you hate your job so much then just find another one. Don't bitch about it in a forum. You've been complaining for a month now, you think maybe it's time to move on? Why would you do a job you hate?