viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viciouselipse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

low carb diet = muscle loss?

as of about 3 weeks ago i decided to really cut down on carbs in my diet. as it stands now the only carbs i get are the few that are in my whey protien and green veggies i eat.

Since then I've lost a decent amount of weight, about 7 lbs (not including the initial weight loss over the first few days which i attribute to water loss)

I definitely make sure to get my protien throughout the day and eat a decent post workout meal, and I drink tons of water.

as far as supplements go I use no-xplode before my workout - 2 scoops and an extra scoop of primaforce cee with it, and a whey shake and another scoop of just the cee afterwards.

I've had noticeable fat loss since then from my stomach area, so it seems to be going well, however people have warned against cutting carbs becuase it causes muscles to deteroirate or some such....however I don't seem to be having that problem, the weight i lift and reps have steadily increased just as they were before, and my muscles appear noticeably bigger than before. Ive actually started to get a lot of compliments lately.

So, I guess what i'm asking is, could it be that this particular eating style works for some people like myself, or am I just setting myself up for a downfall later?

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not a fan of keto but the trick to keeping muscle when on keto is to:
    -Take in carbs before/after lifting. You'll burn them right off but it will be muscle sparing. Go look on the keto forum in the nutrition section to see how much.
    - Keep your fat intake high, with primarily good fats.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs