remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is there such a thing as being too skinny to develop a 6-pack?

Is there such a thing as being too skinny to develop a 6-pack? Or is it actually easier when the person is skinny?

FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    no. if you reduce your bodyfat enough you'll eventually see your abdominal muscles.

however you'll look like a stick if you've little to no mass to begin with.

if you're skinny fat, go lift some.
    I got mega-negged for saying something derogatory about Metallica. lol.

remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) remifontaine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am 5 feet 7, 150 pounds. Here is a picture of me not flexing... I wonder if you can guess my bodyfat. 13% maybe? I hope to finally get abs someday.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by remifontaine; 06-30-2006 at 03:29 AM.

Blown35th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blown35th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blown35th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blown35th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blown35th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blown35th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blown35th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There may be a lil BF to reduce but get a good core routine and you should start seeing the results.
    Cell Tech- Derived from Chuck Norris's DNA

www.myspace.com/blown35th

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by remifontaine
    I am 5 feet 7, 150 pounds. Here is a picture of me not flexing... I wonder if you can guess my bodyfat. 13% maybe? I hope to finally get abs someday.
    why are you concerned about seeing ur abs? you should be bulking

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by (Oz)

Agreed. At 150 pounds, my goal would be to put on some mass.

Originally Posted by (Oz)
    The problem is that if I start bulking, my bodyfat percentage can raise and I will look less ripped.

gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The problem is that if I start bulking, my bodyfat percentage can raise and I will look less ripped.
    I'm in the same boat. I know that it won't happen, but I'm afraid that I will have a large BF% gain before gaining the size and strength I want.

I know that this probably won't happen, but for some reason I don't want to eat 4000 calories a day thinking that my 6'er will go away.

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the problem is that you are not 13% bodyfat. You look more like 16 or higher from that pic. People at 15% or below can somewhat see their abs. I am at 13% and my abs are clearly visible, though not "totally ripped" like those with lower bodyfat. Do some bulking while mixing in some light cardio and you will be ok. Like the others said, put on some mass first, then worry about the 6 pack.
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

Originally Posted by LSU1
    the problem is that you are not 13% bodyfat.
    You don't know.

the "real" little BIG man little_big_man's Avatar
    little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500) little_big_man is not very helpful. (-500)
    well first off everyone has abs(abdominal muscles) the key is getting your body fat low enough to where you can see them.

so no IMO you have the right weight 150 pounds you just have a little too much fat for abs. IMO you should also bulk up, you dont want to end up looking like a skinny 3rd world country guy. at 150 pounds your already about as low as you should get.

SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000) SM373 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't take it as a flame, but they're right. You are definately not 13% BF. More like 17-18%.

I'm your height and I was 150 lbs at 12-13% BF before and my abs were clearly visible when flexed.

My advice is to eat clean = no soda, no junk food, get together a good lifting program, and hit the weights hard. If that's your goal to be 150 lbs and ripped, all you need to do is gain some muscle and lose some fat. You could probably do that in 4 months.

JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCVP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, guys, if you are not looking ripped as of now, and afraid to bulk, then CLEANLY maintain your diet. Stop eating microwaveable pizzas, or crud food that you cook. Start cooking and then eating CLEAN chicken breasts, CLEAN fish, and CLEAN steak. You will see results within 2-3 weeks and lose some weight. Start boiling water and cooking pasta - sautee some sauce with butter. Start eating this stuff and your body will look 3x better - guaranteed. Once you shed a few pounds (a sign that you have lost 2-3% BF), hop back onto your dirty bulk, but keep the clean foods you have based your new diet off of.

That's how I took a new step with my bodyfat without having to ramp up cardio.

joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshmv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree that you certainly do not LOOK like your 13% BF, you look skinny but no muscle, you should definitely bulk, if you cut at this point you will be so skinny by the time you can your abs you will be a stick and then will have to bulk anyways. I'm not a believer in "having" to either cut or bulk but definitely hit everything hard and put on mass by doing complex lifts while eating a good amount of clean calories every day.
    AST MultiPro 32x -Multivitamin
    Dymatize Elite Whey - Protein
    5'11" 194 lbs. ~19% BF, starting my cut

My free informational online profit website and blog:
    www.MyCreditStrategy.com

To those who claim that I have more than 13% bodyfat, look at this :
    Attached Images

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you need to eat more. then eat somemore. then when you're 200+ then worry about abs.
    <->

b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b-rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To those who claim that I have more than 13% bodyfat, look at this :
    thanks for showin us that. it further supports that you are greater than 13% bf. im 13% and can hardly grab anything extra. anyways, at 13 you should have somewhat visable abs when relaxed. also, your bf is not just from the stomach. from lookin at the other pic you have extra fat in your arms and chest. if all you want is a six pack, make runnin your top prioity. judgin from the pics, you can easily have abs, but youll have to lower your bf