StormzUSMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hit Plateau, insight appreciated

Currently
    29/yo male
    69"
    200lbs morning "dry" weight
    Size 34 pants (if that matters lol)
    Don't have measurements of extremities in front of me, but I will get them soon.

Backround - Active duty Marine until 2008. Was around 175lbs my whole enlistment. Got injured bolstered up to 230. As of last year I got back down to 200 and bulked up quite a bit. I will post (better) pictures while on active duty, at heaviest weight, and at current. The ones below...shirtless was 3 months ago, in Japland in 2007 on active, and in the red at 230ish.

I lift 4-5 times a week alternating push/pull excercises (legs, chest, back/bi's, tri's/shoulders). Heavy on squats, bench, DL and shoulder press. Usually do about 15-30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week. I work on my feet and am fairly active all day.

I do have a few drinks on the weekends. About a 2 months ago, I did have some time off between jobs, so I gained a bit back because I was drinking a little more than I should have, but I knew that. I've been back at it, however I can't seem to bust below the 200 mark. Maybe I'm lifting too heavy, maybe eating too much, I've played with calories, macros, supplements, not enough cardio...etc. Below is kind of an insight in to what I eat every day. I do take other supplements as well (starting new soon as I just made an order)....

In the next few days, I'm going to get an assement at the U of M and go in the "Bod Pod" to see exactly where I'm at...However I'm on here to further my knowledge as I know I don't know everything. Again insight is appreciated.
    Attached Images

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Do you track calories/macros?

edit: i missed the pic.

You're probably inaccurate, there's no reason to not be losing at 2k calories given your stats and you're activity.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly how much is a few drinks over the weekend ? Are you doing any cheat days etc. ?

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How long have you plateaued?
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

I'm pretty disciplined with recording..I could be recording less than what I'm actually eating, but I honestly think I'm on the light side and sometimes feel like I don't get enough food in. On the weekends I don't over do it. If I do drink I won't have carbs that day and try to stay no more then 500 cals above my target.

edit: I'm not that good about tracking my drinks, but I try to not go overboard.

I hit my first plateau for about 4 months, I couldn't lose any weight...however I may have been losing fat, but I wasn't tracking bf% was more going by the way I look/feel and how clothes felt. I was in between jobs for about 2 weeks...kind screwed me up a little bit, gained about 8lbs back but I'm not gonna let that stop me. I've been back at it for 2 months, but been hovering at 200 for at least 7 weeks now.

Here are the supplements I'm starting as of tomorrow. (Well Saturday as tomorrow is rest)
    pro7ein synthesis
    now 7-keto-leangels
    musclepharm bulletproof
    Animal Stak and Pak
    Xtend intraworkout

I've taken many different variations and have yet to find the perfect blend for me. I've been on Lipo6 Black, Oxy Elite, Lipocor (etc) as well.

Not that these are going to be deal breakers, just thought I'd list them.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StormzUSMC View Post
    Here are the supplements I'm starting as of tomorrow. (Well Saturday as tomorrow is rest)
    pro7ein synthesis
    now 7-keto-leangels
    musclepharm bulletproof
    Animal Stak and Pak
    Xtend intraworkout

I've taken many different variations and have yet to find the perfect blend for me. I've been on Lipo6 Black, Oxy Elite, Lipocor (etc) as well.
    You realise that the active ingredient in 'fat burners' is caffeine, right? You're wasting a lot of money.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    You realise that the active ingredient in 'fat burners' is caffeine, right? You're wasting a lot of money.
    Yes, why do you think I'm drinking more tea instead of taking a "Thermo"...? The supplements I'm taking don't have caffeine. Not to mention my financials are not what I'm having troubles with. Thanks for the comment however.

Just gonna keep on logging things, and check in after I do the Bod Pod

ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10) ATTN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you refeeding?

I was plateauing a few weeks back and I upped my carbs hitting my macros ensuring I have enough protein and fats.

Ratio P30 C40 F30

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm pretty disciplined with recording..I could be recording less than what I'm actually eating, but I honestly think I'm on the light side and sometimes feel like I don't get enough food in. On the weekends I don't over do it. If I do drink I won't have carbs that day and try to stay no more then 500 cals above my target.

edit: I'm not that good about tracking my drinks, but I try to not go overboard.
    This makes it pretty clear you aren't tracking accurately.

http://www.fitnessfactreview.com/the...orie-counting/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148418313

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    This makes it pretty clear you aren't tracking accurately.
    It's quite possible. I may have to re-adjust my intake of calories down a little bit.

To answer the refeeding question, yes I do refeed...If I estimate 400 calories burned from excercise I will replenish that to whatever my macro needs are.

I could adjust my macros as well, but I'm really betting it may just be drinking consuming more on "off days" along with under estimating calories...

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's quite possible. I may have to re-adjust my intake of calories down a little bit.

To answer the refeeding question, yes I do refeed...If I estimate 400 calories burned from excercise I will replenish that to whatever my macro needs are.
    The only thing more inaccurate than estimating calorie intakes tends to be estimating calories burned. I would highly recommend not eating back exercise calories.

caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500) caseyjohnson is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey man one thing I suggest to do is to reevaluate everything you eat. Make sure you add in condiments and track everything that has calories in it. Make sure you are taking in 1 g of protein per lbm .45 gram of fat per lbm and the rest carbs. Your weekend cheat meal is probably what is doing it. You could be in only a 500 calorie deficit which is a pound of fat loss a week and making it only.5 lbs a week which is hardly noticeable until s long amount of time. When you start greeting into the teen bf percentages you'll have to tighten your calories even more. I suggest to look up iifym for your night outs. Stay within your calorie range no matter what and if anything if you can't control yourself eat at maintenance.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't need supplements. You need to eat and drink less. No magic bullets here. Simple math.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJoe96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Continue everything you're doing.

& for ONE MONTH, one month of your time I advise you not to drink/smoke/cheat.

If you can't do that for 30 days, then you shouldn't be complaining.

Watch how quickly you drop.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    The only thing more inaccurate than estimating calorie intakes tends to be estimating calories burned. I would highly recommend not eating back exercise calories.
    That's something I'm starting this week, not eating back as much that is.

Originally Posted by caseyjohnson View Post
    Hey man one thing I suggest to do is to reevaluate everything you eat. Make sure you add in condiments and track everything that has calories in it. Make sure you are taking in 1 g of protein per lbm .45 gram of fat per lbm and the rest carbs. Your weekend cheat meal is probably what is doing it. You could be in only a 500 calorie deficit which is a pound of fat loss a week and making it only.5 lbs a week which is hardly noticeable until s long amount of time. When you start greeting into the teen bf percentages you'll have to tighten your calories even more. I suggest to look up iifym for your night outs. Stay within your calorie range no matter what and if anything if you can't control yourself eat at maintenance.
    I'm kind of thinking the same thing as far as the cheating on the weekends...Time to put my 100% discipline back to work instead of 75% lol

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You don't need supplements. You need to eat and drink less. No magic bullets here. Simple math.
    Indeed I don't need them, but they are not hurting either. I've been more conscious on what I intake as well as the amount of water I'm taking in a day. I know how to hyrdate, just time to calculate properly. Being an engineer, you'd think I'd be good with math...

Originally Posted by BigJoe96 View Post
    Continue everything you're doing.

& for ONE MONTH, one month of your time I advise you not to drink/smoke/cheat.

If you can't do that for 30 days, then you shouldn't be complaining.

Watch how quickly you drop.
    Yeah no smoking period, I can cut out the drinking its really no big deal really...I just got to stick to it...There is always something going on with friends on the weekends, parties, holidays etc....Gym>Social life...lol