Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I do push ups in rest days?

I only work out 3 days a week (monday, wednesday and friday), and in off days I feel like I could be doing something more, should I do push ups in those off days? at least in tuesday and thursday?

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wouldnt do them EVERY week though.....maybe every other week or something like that....recovery is very important

IMo we all need to look at MONTHS instead of just weeks.....if you look at a month you probably should have one week purposely planned to be a pretty easy week.....now, that leaves 3 weeks where you can push yourself pretty hard and do extra work etc

muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well it sounds like you want more workout days. I know I dont feel really worked with only 3 days in the gym a week.

tadolfi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tadolfi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't.

Do one more set of each exercise you're doing on your workout days and if you want to do more - target legs and abs.

Think of it as though your muscles are wounded and they need approx. 48 hours for the wounds to heal.

Just my 02 cents

Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spartan1337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the input, keep it coming.

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would, and here's why. Active recovery. Depending on how much you weigh, and how many pushups you can do, they represent a rather minimal effort that gets the blood flowing, bringing much needed nutrients to the muscle. So, as long as you don't weigh a ton, and you could easily pump out, say, 3 sets of 20, or something, then do 'em. I'd keep it to once, maybe twice a week. But it's a great way of helping your muscles recover. I mean, after a day of heavy squats, you don't go to work the next day in a wheel chair do you? Course not.

Go read through the Official GPP Thread. 3 Full Body days a week is an EXCELLENT way to workout. And, it leaves a lot of room for additional work to be performed, if it's done correctly.

Man, I swear, I want to tell everyone about GPP. I am SO surprised that it hasn't caught on even more. It's infinitely better than just plain old cardio. And a hell of a lot funner. Friendlier to those who want to build muscle. Will make you stronger, recover faster, and increase your capacity for work, meaning you can realistically do more in the gym that you can actually recover from, helping you get bigger and stronger faster. *Who wouldn't want that???*

Here's the thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=830544

Read through all the links at the beginning of the thread.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

ChristoffH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristoffH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristoffH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristoffH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristoffH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristoffH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does the same go for pull ups, chins, and dips?