de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)

rest pause training

today i tried out rest pause training for bench press and deadlifts and it was ok. i think it mostly just reaffirmed my dislike of going heavy because of the stress it puts on my joints. anyone here have any success with rest/pause?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by de_barathrum
    today i tried out rest pause training for bench press and deadlifts and it was ok. i think it mostly just reaffirmed my dislike of going heavy because of the stress it puts on my joints. anyone here have any success with rest/pause?
    It's the most effective 'failure' training method there is in my opinion since it allows you to perform more reps with a heavy weight than would otherwise be possible. Dropsets take you to failure with progressively lighter weights but they certainly won't make you stronger.

The most popular example of rest pause training is 20 rep squats where you take your 10RM and rest pause your way to 20 reps when you hit failure. A lot of people have seen tremendous growth off this kind of training although it has to be used wisely. It's also a key part of DC (Doggcrapp) training. Do it all the time however and you'll quickly burn out. It's also not something I'd recommend to anyone new to training.

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_
    It's the most effective 'failure' training method there is in my opinion since it allows you to perform more reps with a heavy weight than would otherwise be possible. Dropsets take you to failure with progressively lighter weights but they certainly won't make you stronger.

The most popular example of rest pause training is 20 rep squats where you take your 10RM and rest pause your way to 20 reps when you hit failure. A lot of people have seen tremendous growth off this kind of training although it has to be used wisely. It's also a key part of DC (Doggcrapp) training. Do it all the time however and you'll quickly burn out. It's also not something I'd recommend to anyone new to training.
    hey ive never thought of 20 rep squats as being rest pause training. that really does make alot of sense now that i think about it. its been a while since ive done them so maybe next leg day ill try them again.