Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

BIG problem..do nto know what choice to make

Hi all. Well I am 14, and all my friends tell me that me lifting weights will stunut my growth. My gym teacher says that if you lift too heavy, will stunt your growth. I am about 5 months passed puberty now. Any ideas, or suggestions? Also when I do cardio I get stomach cramps. I only get stomach cramps or in the liver area. What is the deal with them?

sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5 monthes passed puberty at 14? damn hows the freshie comin in?
    "There's a fine line between being fearless and being stupid" Indian Larry

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dan666
    Hi all. Well I am 14, and all my friends tell me that me lifting weights will stunut my growth. My gym teacher says that if you lift too heavy, will stunt your growth. I am about 5 months passed puberty now. Any ideas, or suggestions? Also when I do cardio I get stomach cramps. I only get stomach cramps or in the liver area. What is the deal with them?
    alright listen to me

look up the routine "starting strength" and learn how to do the basic movements. squats, bench, deadlifts, rows, and everything else. starting at your age is what I wish I did. start seriously now and get a headstart on everyone.

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've heard the same thing before, but I don't know that I've ever heard it from a reputable source.

Here's what Joe Defranco says about it. Joe Defranco is a nationally known strength coach who has coached NFL players, high school and college athletes, of all kinds.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...ning-myths.htm

Quoted for you. Note the portions in bold.

Originally Posted by Joe Defranco
    It still amazes me that parents won’t hesitate to get their young children (6-7 years old) involved in sports such as football, gymnastics, basketball and soccer, yet they feel that participating in a strength-training program is damaging to their children’s bone health and will stunt their growth. Nothing can be further from the truth.

The fact of the matter is that running, jumping and tackling can create loading on a child’s body which is up to ten times greater than most strength training exercises. In other words, the physical demands on a child’s body are far greater on the athletic field compared to the weightroom. Parents who don’t let their children participate in resistance training are actually increasing their children’s risk for injury on the athletic field.

There have even been position stands by such organizations as the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine and the American Academy of Pediatrics suggesting that children can benefit from participation in a properly designed and supervised resistance training program. Position stands recommend that prepubescent children shouldn't lift maximal weights; they should lift weights that can be lifted for at least six repetitions with proper form.

Strength training in this manner can be the most potent exercise stimulus for bone growth and development. In fact, research has shown that young weightlifters have greater bone densities than individuals who don't lift. Thus, the positive benefits of resistance training for bone health, injury prevention and improved athletic performance are far greater than the risks.
    So, I'd say go for it anyway. You shouldn't be doing ANY maximal training IMO, anything below 6 reps. Stick to higher reps, learn the proper form, and you'll be MILES ahead of anyone your age when you get a little older.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi Dan,

You're back again?

What did your bodybuilder father that whips you when you use whey protein have to say about your gym teacher's advice?
    Patience + Persistence = Progress. (Bill Starr, The Strongest Shall Survive)

My Journal = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=871168

Jana Janet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go for high reps and low weight, don't even try to go for hypertrophy!
    *Sleep- Eat- LIft- Repeat*

Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Originally Posted by Tad_T
    Hi Dan,

You're back again?

What did your bodybuilder father that whips you when you use whey protein have to say about your gym teacher's advice?
    Do you think that is funny bich wotch? Yeah...I am busting my balls trying to get advice on here while you put my thread on a different track.

WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSUcougs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bich wotch?
    I must be getting old. I have no idea what this means

If you are going to lift do a beginner program such as Starting Strength. Learn the compound exercises.

People have given some pretty good advice here, so I suggest you pay attention. They most likely know much more than your gym teacher.

gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you think that is funny bich wotch? Yeah...I am busting my balls trying to get advice on here while you put my thread on a different track.
    I thought you were going to buy a baby cow and run with it. Did that not work out for you?