scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

is it true That Soda deteriorates your Muscle or Bones (can't remember which)

due to its high carbonation or something. I heard this on the "did you know?" news a while back.

scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well...

Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murrayjb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know pop is horrible for your bones.

I'm not sure about muscle, but it doesn't do it any good.

johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here's an article thingish I found a long time ago, I don't remember where I got it though.

Its really interesting, and since I've read it..I havent had one sip of that ****.

Soft drinks: Unsafe beverages
    Amazingly, Americans (and people in other countries) actually drink a product that can rightfully be called Osteoporosis In a Can. And, it gets worse from there. Read on.

This poison goes by many brand names, such as Coca Cola and Pepsi. Generically, this poison is on the market in formulations known as soda, pop, and soft drinks. It includes all carbonated beverages--even carbonated plain water. The various substances in sodas compound the problem, especially the typical formulations with their carbonic acid or phosphoric acid.

Reading the rest of this article may be the best use you've ever made of 5 minutes. Yeah, we know Pepsi will never sponsor an ad on this site. But your health is more important to us.

It's tragic that the "beverage" industry shoves this toxic brew at human beings. Let's take a closer look at what it does.

The carbonation in all soft drinks causes calcium loss in the bones through a three-stage process:

1. The carbonation irritates the stomach.
    2. The stomach "cures" the irritation the only way it knows how. It adds the only antacid at its disposal: calcium. It gets this from the blood.
    3. The blood, now low on calcium, replenishes its supply from the bones. If it did not do this, muscular and brain function would be severely impaired.

But, the story doesn't end there. Another problem with most soft drinks is they also contain phosphoric acid (not the same as the carbonation, which is carbon dioxide mixed with the water). This substance also causes a drawdown on the store of calcium.

So, soft drinks soften your bones (actually, they make them weak and brittle) in three ways:

1. Carbonation reduces the calcium in the bones.
    2. Phosphoric acid reduces the calcium in the bones.
    3. The beverage replaces a calcium-containing alternative, such as milk or water. Milk and water are not excellent calcium sources, but they are sources.

Diabetes in a can

The picture gets worse when you add sugar to the soft drink. The sugar, dissolved in liquid, is quickly carried to the bloodstream, where its presence in overload quantities signals the pancreas to go into overdrive. The pancreas has no way of knowing if this sugar inrush is a single dose or the front-end of a sustained dose. The assumption in the body's chemical controls is the worst-case scenario. To prevent nerve damage from oxidation, the pancreas pumps out as much insulin as it can. Even so, it may not prevent nerve damage.

But, this heroic effort of the pancreas has a hefty downside. The jolt of insulin causes the body to reduce the testosterone in the bloodstream, and to depress further production of it. In both men and women, testosterone is the hormone that controls the depositing of calcium in the bones. You can raise testosterone through weight-bearing exercise, but if you are chemically depressing it via massive sugar intake (it takes very small quantities of sugar to constitute a massive intake, because refined sugar is not something the human body is equipped to handle), then your body won't add calcium to the bones.

Add this to what we discussed above, and you can see that drinking sweetened colas is a suicidal endeavor. And now you know why bone damage formerly apparent only in the very old is now showing up in teenagers.
    Cancer in a can

In the spring of 2005, research showed a strong correlation between eso****eal cancer and the drinking of carbonated beverages. We aren't providing extensive detail here yet, because the subject is still rolling through the medical community. Basically, it works like this:

1. You drink soda.
    2. It makes you burp (acid reflux, actually).
    3. The burping carries acid into the eso****us, causing lesions.
    4. The lesions become cancerous.

So, maybe it's not so bad if you sip sodas instead of guzzle them. By the time this issue settles out through double blind studies (rather than statistical analysis only), that is probably what researchers will conclude. It's common sense.

Of course, the softdrink companies have conducted their own flawed studies using flawed methods to obtain the flawed results they want. This way, they can deny that their toxic products also cause eso****eal cancer in addition to other diseases their beverages cause. I wonder if these folks have flawed sleep at night, or if they are just psychopathic?

Do a Yahoo or Google search on softdrinks + eso****eal cancer, and you'll get several thousand pages of results. Most of the articles say softdrinks "may" cause eso****eal cancer. And that's true--in the sense that lying down on a railroad track "may" get you run over by a train or holding a revolver with one bullet in it and pulling the trigger "may" blow your brains out. It's a game of chance. How many chances do you want to take?
    You can search online for data on the number of eso****eal cancer cases per year and the startling increase in this cancer occurring with the huge ramp-up in soft drink consumption. This disease was unheard of two generations ago--now, it's common. You can also search for the source reports and articles. But, that's not really necessary because basic science is at work here:

1. Mechanical damage to cells is a huge risk factor for cancer. It's why asbestos particles, for example, cause lung cancer.

2. Soft drinks cause acid reflux (stomach acid rising up past the eso****eal valve). This is more pronounced when the body is horizontal (as in sleeping), but the sheer volume of soft drinks consumed in the USA means the acid reflux is well past the danger point. Any time you ingest a gassy drink, you are going to get belching--and acid into the eso****us. How much is too much? The research doesn't say where the limit is--it only shows that most Americans are far, far, far past it.

3. Stomach acid dissolves tissue--that's its purpose. The stomach lining does not extend into the eso****us, so the lower eso****us gets damaged by acid far more frequently in soft drink users than in non soft drink users. This results in a radical increase in cell mutations, along with a far higher level of free radicals.

This isn't an attack on the Coca-Cola or Pepsi corporations. It's a revealing of the truth about all carbonated beverages. This has been widely reported in many authoritative sources.

Remember, soft drinks kill.

Stop doing acid!

Reader Jim Faulkner contributed the following to this article:

Refer to "The pH Miracle", Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health, written by Robert O Young, PhD and Shelley Redford Young (copyright 2002 by Robert Young, PhD, published by Warner Books Inc.)

We all know that our average body temperature is about 98.6 degrees F., but how many of us know our normal pH (Power of Hydrogen scale which measures Hydrogen from 0 to 14)? A rating of 7 is neutral. Healthy human bodies should be slightly alkaline at 7.365. Whenever your body moves away from 7.365, your system takes action to move you back to that value.

Water in most areas has a value of 7 or neutral. Carbonated drinks have a value of about 2.8, but the difference isn't just 4.2. The pH scale values vary exponentially. As the scale moves from 7 to 6, the difference is multiplied by 10. Food or beverage at 6 is 10 times as acidic as that at 7. So "that" carbonated beverage is approaching 100,000 times more acidic than water. With this information, the osteoporosis condition takes on greater LIGHT.

Ron Howell, a senior vice president at New Vision Inc elaborates on these ideas in "New Vision News Magazine" Vol 1 -issue 4 2002 in introducing new products that improve pH.

My wife Jan is an Diamond Independent Distributor with New Vision. She is 71 (married 50 years, May 2003). I read everything they send to her. We have both done the Bill Phillips "Body For Life" program since my 69th birthday, and we ballro
    Last edited by johnnyhabitat; 06-26-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had 2 cans of cola (first time in 6 months) and i felt sick and aches in my stomach at night, like i was gonna throw up. Is that why, the soda?

port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i didnt read that article it was to long but i think the carbonation causes vasoconstriction(your blood vessels becoming smaller) which doesnt let as much blood get to your muscles. which can cause them to be malnourished.
    height-5'6
    weight-175

bench 275
    squat 360
    dead 365

"i'm one of the baddest mutha****as of all time-one of the best singers and one of the best lookin mutha****as u ever seen- hold my drink bitch"

kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kronik85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you're fine, it's just not the healthiest drink for you. it's not going to rot your bones/muscles.

James A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soda has so much sugar in it that it will cause your bones to deteriorate because your body takes calcium from your bones to neutralize the acid from the soda. So it cause bone thinning and can lead to diseases like diabetes and osteoperosis.

It can evenm cause muscle loos and weight gain because of the insulin spike from all the sugar. The excess insulin will transport any fatty acid from the bloodstream into fat cells. The insulin will put a halt to testosterone production, and to neutralize the insulin spike, our bodies take amino acids from our muscles which can also lead to muscle loss.

Just avoid it, it's not worth it.

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    there are tasty alternatives to soda

early teens soda is horrible for acne as well.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kronik85
    you're fine, it's just not the healthiest drink for you. it's not going to rot your bones/muscles.
    Agreed. I don't drink too much of it because of the empty calories, but i drink some on the weekends sometimes. Ain't gonna kill you, there are just better things to drink.

Registered User IvIyStErY_IvIaN's Avatar
    IvIyStErY_IvIaN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IvIyStErY_IvIaN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IvIyStErY_IvIaN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IvIyStErY_IvIaN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer
    Agreed. I don't drink too much of it because of the empty calories, but i drink some on the weekends sometimes. Ain't gonna kill you, there are just better things to drink.

Like beer.

blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000) blinKme431 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer
    None in diet coke. Infact, there's no nutritional value at all except for a measley 30 mgs of sodium.
    It's not gonna kill you as long as you don't overdo it. I've seen pics of pros like Cutler drinking cans of diet coke.

playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont drink any soda...period
    It's a great day to fight, and a great day to die