SquatDeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what is considered low carb?

hi all, i am a 320lb. athlete and this summer i am looking to drop bodyfat. i am going for the high protein low carb diet, I am trying to get into my bodyweight in grams of protein per day, and I have been keeping my carbs under 50grams usually. I was wondering what is considered low carb though? Do I have to stay under 50grams or would 100 grams be more reasonable. I also have some brown rice and wheat bagels which are around 50 grams in carbs per serving but I know that they are complex carbs. If I take in these carbs before I workout would this be ok? I pretty much try to get a cardio session in the morning, then lift in the afternoon, and then one more cardio session at night. please let me know what you think. thanks

ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ivan2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Unless you have a high fat intake it looks as though u might not be taking in enough calories. I dont think restricting carbs to much works and its bad for your body because it forces it to produce ketones, at least 75g per day is enough to let your central nervous sytem function correctly and keep some intensity to your workouts. Ime a lot lighter than you and can cut on 200-250g per day carbs and 1g per lb of protein. BTW bagels have simpler carbs and a high GI.
    smash the pain barrier to f******pieces.

stats:
    Bis: 15
    Foreamrs: 12.5
    Calfs: 15
    Thighs: not big enough yet!!

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SquatDeep
    hi all, i am a 320lb. athlete and this summer i am looking to drop bodyfat. i am going for the high protein low carb diet, I am trying to get into my bodyweight in grams of protein per day, and I have been keeping my carbs under 50grams usually. I was wondering what is considered low carb though? Do I have to stay under 50grams or would 100 grams be more reasonable. I also have some brown rice and wheat bagels which are around 50 grams in carbs per serving but I know that they are complex carbs. If I take in these carbs before I workout would this be ok? I pretty much try to get a cardio session in the morning, then lift in the afternoon, and then one more cardio session at night. please let me know what you think. thanks
    Why is it that you're going low carbs?
    Have you tried a balanced diet (50% carb, 30%pro, 20%fat or 40C, 40P, 20F), with lower than maintenance calories and incorporated cardio before resorting to this?

Of course, the carbs you'd be going for will be complex carbs the majority of the day.
    Carbs aren't bad. The types of carbs are bad. Just as types of fats are bad not all of them.
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/