seth181 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what are considered the best basic supplements for gaining muscle/mass?

hi. im 19 and have just started to work out and i want to gain as much mass and muscle as possible since i am very skinny with what seems to be a high metabolism. it takes ALOT for me to gain any weight. im not looking for any roids or anything just good all natural supplements with no side effects and will help me get bigger. i already plan on taking creatine and whey protein since they seem to fit this description but is there anything else i should try? any vitamins or minerals?? thanks alot

exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you have a fast metabolism whey is useless. You need a wheight gainer with a good blend of different protein (whey, egg, casein). creatine (prolab or optimum) will help you see results faster and stay motivated. Sleep and a good clean diet are also needed. And don't forget carbs (pasta...)Also a multi would be good.
    Capitalism, love, dollar & japan passion

P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whey is not useless for someone with a fast metabolism-he should still consume a few scoops after each workout.
    The simple answer is EAT EAT EAT lots of dense, clean foods, keep protein very high, don't be afraid to put on a few pounds of fat to gain a few pounds of muscle. Nutrition is #1 supplements are merely supplements(this should be very apparent), eat at least 1.5g of protein for each pound of bodyweight you carry, get lots of good sleep, and keep calories high. stick with this approach for several months and you will grow.
    "You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As is your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."-
    The Upanishads, Bridhadaranyaka IV. 5

"Kill the buddha!"

buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buffthestuffCP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Creatine, Whey Protein and Multivitamin is all you need for starters.

Here's a sure way to pack on muscle and weight.

1. Eat every 2-3 hours of atleast 30 grams of protein.
    2. Take 1 shake of about 20 grams before working out with creatine and one with about 40 grams.
    3. Drink one before you got to bed or eat right before you do.

I like to eat eggs and drink milk they work great. But one way thing that works is protein cycling. Start out getting your first two weeks about getting 1 gram per weight of protein, say you weigh 200 pounds get aboout 200. After the two weeks is up increase it up to about 250 for a couple of weeks. Then IF you can shoot it up to about 300 grams. This is assuming your 200 pounds so if you weigh less just add 50 pounds every other week. Make sure your getting it everyday though. If YOU want even go further the next two weeks and get about 350, adding another 50. it's hard but you'll gain some muscle mass. Now slowly decrease your protein intake each day by about 10 until your back down to your body weight, then start back over. Trust me, it works.
    Bench Press: 260 X 5
    Squat: 275 X 5
    Military Press: 160 X 5
    Weight: 212 lbs
    Training Week: 1 (restarted)
    -
    Neck: 19.5"
    Chest: 48"
    Arms: 15.5" (needs improvement)
    Thighs: 24"
    (All these measurements are when flexing btw)
    -
    04/24/03

Bender-Bot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's a plan that worked for me. I too had a very fast metabolism, which by the way you can slow down a little. You will put on a bit of fat while bulking so I hope it is not a problem.
    Wake up:
    5 gram Creatine on empty stomach.
    If you can make time wait 20 min.
    20-30 grams of whey protein.
    Eat regular Breakfast. (What every you usally eat)
    I try to get down some Bran flakes as well to keep the intestines clean as you will be eating huge amounts of food and your body won't be ready for that at the start.
    10-10:30
    Small snack.
    Cook up some pasta the night before and put it in a container that can be used in a microwave.
    Almost everywhere seems to have one.(Work, School, University, etc)
    12:00
    Regular Lunch
    Multi-vitamin.
    At least 2 glasses of milk.
    3:00
    I eat a can of sardines.
    It has 28 grams of protein and is very inexpenisve up here in Canada. ( Only about $1.25)
    1 glass of milk.

Now depending on what time you work-out. I am at the gym between 4:45 and 5:00
    I take 5 grams Creatine at 4:15. Try to take it about half an hour before you work-out.
    After work-out you MUST get in some Whey protein.
    Your body is in an anabolic state 30-45 min after a good hard work-out. I use a weightgainer that has Whey protein in it. The reason whey is needed for this is because it is easilly absorbed by the body.
    I then wait 1 hour and have my supper.
    I don't eat right before I go to bed because I don't sleep well. If you can, try to have a little something. You will need to try to get a good solid 8 hour sleep.(Sleep is the forgotten Supplement) And I know sleep is a must
    Over the course of the day try to get at least 1 gallon of water. This keeps your body well hydrated and flushes the Kidney's.
    If you are just starting to lift I don't think you will need ZMA at night, as your body will grow quickly anyway. I personally think it is more for someone who has lifted for a while.
    I use this diet when I bulk and it works well for me. It may not work for you or it might. Feel free to use some of it, all of it, or none of it.

Bench 353 (New PR)
    Squat 440
    Deadlift 515

p.s I have just started using flax oil as well.

Cann0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I can Help!!!

I have put on 25 pounds in 4 weeks. I made the diet up myself and i think it will work for anyone. I started to increase my calorie levels each week. The 4th week I was eating four meals a day of 1000 calories each, and drinking 2000 calories in weight gainers. This might not be a lot of calories, but i only weighed 125. I have been bodybuilding hard for 4 years straight. When i started this cycle i was bench pressing 225 3 times. I might of been 125 pounds but i was in real good shape. Most people say since your so small its so easy for you to put on weight. Actually i think this diet was one of the hardest things in my life. When i weighed 125 i was soild muslce. Most people in the gym said i looked about 150. I really think gaining weight is one of the hardest things in the world for me. I believe if i can put on weight anyone can. I was so confident about this diet i kept all records daily.

IF anyone wants a true diet that worked for me

dcannon@skyenet.net

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Re: what are considered the best basic supplements for gaining muscle/mass?

Originally posted by seth181
    hi. im 19 and have just started to work out and i want to gain as much mass and muscle as possible since i am very skinny with what seems to be a high metabolism. it takes ALOT for me to gain any weight. im not looking for any roids or anything just good all natural supplements with no side effects and will help me get bigger. i already plan on taking creatine and whey protein since they seem to fit this description but is there anything else i should try? any vitamins or minerals?? thanks alot
    Pizza, weight gain drinks (home made), and creatine works well....

Will
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew