nikeaddict1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Should I take Weight Gainer or Protein

Im 5 10 153....kinda on the skinny side and i wanna put on some mass...should i take the whey protein or weight gainer...and wat kind is the best and best tasting

Thanks

steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steve39 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just got my order of Real Gains the other day and I have to say it is by far the best tasting weight gainer out there. And it has some of the best ingredients. I'd highly reccomend it. I have both Strawberry and Chocolate and I think the strawberry is better...
    *New Jersey Crew (973 and 201)* ... you jus mad cuz im stylin' on ya??

Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nikeaddict1989
    Im 5 10 153....kinda on the skinny side and i wanna put on some mass...should i take the whey protein or weight gainer...and wat kind is the best and best tasting

Thanks
    IMO, the only advantage to weight gainer products is that they are convenient. If you want to mass up on shakes, make your own and you can do a lot better. Throw in some milk, EFA's, frozen or fresh strawberries/blueberries when in season, etc. Fresh is best. The Berries provide antioxidants and a great taste free of chem. preservatives and other unknowns found in gainers. Add the quality of Whey you want to it. Through in peanut or almond butter, oats. Add creatine, glutamine, test booster or whatever, you're the boss. Experiment with the recipes so you don't get bored. You can carry it around in a thermos with a couple ice cubes in it to keep it chilled and fresh. You can also add egg white and or hemp protein to the mix for variety and keep your body from adapting. Between Whey and gainers I would stick with whey.
    Last edited by Forge; 06-23-2006 at 10:08 AM.

No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would not recommend a weight gainer as they are made up of mostly simple carbs. You will only gain fat and not muscle. So I recommend you go with whey protein.
    Last edited by No. 1; 06-23-2006 at 10:06 AM.

goodprices has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

true mass

I love the true mass by bsn and my 35.99 price tag isn't that bad either

punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i need to gain mass as well (5"10 144lbs) but i'm scared of those weight gainer drinks. mostly because whenever i get a little bit of fat, it goes right to my stomach and leaves everything else. and as much as i'd like nice big muscles for the summer, i'd much rather have a flatter (if at all possible ABS!) stomach than a pudge stomach and some bigger muscles.......but thats me. if there was a way to have it all, i'd be there lol

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nikeaddict1989

Thanks
    true mass is the best weight gainer out there, IMO. But if you don't have money to blow then put this in a blender and drink....

2 cups skim milk....160 calories
    2 scoops protein...240
    1 cup oats...........300 calories
    2 tbls of peanut butter...200 calories

that is about 900 calories right there. Now if your like me when I was 17 ( I was 5'7" 170lbs and very lean) You need lots of calories. This shake did wonders for me....

2 cups whole milk...300 calories
    2 scoops protein....240
    1 cup oats............300 calories
    2 tbls peanut butter..200 calories
    1 serving vanilla ice cream...250

there is around 1300 calories that tastes damn good too.

or a simple one is this...

2 servings skim milk....160 calories
    2 scoops protein........240 calories
    3 servings of oats......450 calories

that is 850 caloris and only 3 easy ingredients

and if you want to get outright crazy.......

2 servings whole milk.......300 calories
    2 tbls peanut butter........200
    3 servings protein............360
    2 servings ice cream.........350ish
    3 servings oats................450
    olive oil...........................100 to 200

that is around 1810 calories. But you won't be hungry for a week if you drink that whole think.

Honestly those drinks tend to fill you up so what I like to do is drink a lot of small mass gainer shakes I make in between meals. So maybe drink like 3 or 4 or these.....

1 serving oats....150 calories
    1 serving skim milk....80
    2 scoop protein.......240

there is an extra 450 to 470 calories 3 times a day. That is 1300 extra a day total and around 9000 extra calories a week. It makes a big difference and you won't get bloated from it.

I must say true mass is one of the ONLY mass gainers I have ever used that did not give me that bloated feeling.

TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIntense1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i agree with these guys a weight gainer is purely for convenience, thier kinda messy calories. If you must take one i reccomend, buy a jug of whey protein, and a gainer, and adding 1 scoop of the gainer to your whey shake. But when it comes down to it adding ingredients liek these guys said, is healthier, and you know whats goin into it. Which would make me feel better.

G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) G Diesel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by steve39
    I just got my order of Real Gains the other day and I have to say it is by far the best tasting weight gainer out there. And it has some of the best ingredients. I'd highly reccomend it. I have both Strawberry and Chocolate and I think the strawberry is better...
    Thanks for the kind words bro. Strawberry has been getting great feedback, especially on taste. It's what I'm using now. Anyone interested in free samples: http://www.universalnutrition.com/realgains/
    Founder, gcodenutrition.com

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would go for a whey protein product, because you can make your own weight gainer using whey as well.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright first off start with whey and feed every couple hours either food or shake. The key as you probably have heard is quality calories and lots of em. Monitor your weight for a few weeks and see if you progress. If you have don't gain from food and whey then try out gainer. Gainer is a convenience. I will say during a bulk I used it and it did help but I only took a single serving (~600 cals) then followed my daily shakes with whey then at night casein. If you choose any gainer start with a single serving and monitor if no change add another serving and so on. My 3 pics are
    1. Universal Nutrition Real Gains
    2. Cytosport CytoGainer
    3. Nature's Best IsoPure MASS
    Look at the ingredients when evaluating with others, specifically fat and sugar.

Good luck
    Cannabis and synthetic supplements