PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Book: The Abs Diet

Well, i was at the gym today and my trainer suggested me to buy The Abs Diet Book,it's a good book for learning about nutrition and how to eat the right way,like nutrition book, i asked what's the book all about, then he told me it was just telling how to eat the right way and stuff.... should i buy this book? Are there any other good book that teaches about nutrition...i want to buy a book while im off bbing.com i can read something while im after the computer.
    Goal: Fat loss, I wanna get lean before bulk
    Weight: 160lbs
    LBM Weight:135lbs
    Goal weight:around 10%BF
    Height: 5'5.5''
    Cardio: CARDIO 5-6times a week
    WEIGHTS: 3-5times a week

Dip Fanatic WillDeadliftForFood's Avatar
    WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000) WillDeadliftForFood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good stuff for the layman. Preaches the evils of trans fats and HFCS's. Gives a lot of quick/easy meals with good macro ratios.

Overall a good book, but you need to adjust for whatever your goals are.
    Everything I say or post is all In My Own Opinion. I am a self-educated layman, with no formal degrees or certifications to back my statements, only personal experience and the studies I've read by others. What I say is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or disorder. Do not change your diet or exercise routines or try new treatment methods without first consulting a doctor.

"And I feel that time's a wasted go..." - STP

macdonms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdonms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdonms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdonms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdonms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdonms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdonms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used the book to help some soldiers make weight, all made it within a month and some continue to follow it. Great book indeed.

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For God's sake PinoyBuilder, stop jumping onto fad diet bandwagons. CKD, TKD, Warrior, and now this (which is crap, I tried it and there's no essential saturated fats, and promotes monounsaturated fats like almonds and olive oil, which the body stores easily as fat).
    You probably have some kind of body dysmorphic disorder.
    Just work out and eat right, you'll get there.
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat

JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dude you need to re-evaluate yourself

You can't sculpt a pebble but you can sculpt a boulder.

At 151lbs you havent got enough muscle mass to cut down to and your body will have a hard time getting down to any degree of leanness.

Just eat using john berardis protocols. Carbs at breakfast and after workouts. With protein and fat meals at all other times.

All you need bro.

Breakfast: P+C
    Snack:P+F
    Lunch:P+F
    PreWO:P+C
    PWO:P+C
    Pre Bed: P+F

Id shoot for 50g carbs breakfast, 50g pre workout, 50g post workout.

about 230g protein, fats around 60-70g per day.

That gives you a breakdown of about 40%protein, 30%carbs, 30% fats.

Should sort you out.

Stronger, Leaner, Faster! USNRyan80's Avatar
    USNRyan80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USNRyan80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USNRyan80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I enjoyed reading this book. It is informational even if you don't follow the plan exactly as outlined. There are some very good baseline nutritional guidelines to follow for those who are newer to a fitness oriented lifestyle.

In addition to the "Abs Diet book", there is a "Abs Diet - Eat Right Every Time" pocket edition that give tons of recipes and has meal suggestions for eating out at lots of different restaurants and fast food places.

PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PinoyBuilder17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    WTF???? You Guys Flaming? I was just asking a question if this book is good, because my trainer reccommended it to me....dam,i was just curoius what other think about this book..it's not like im gonna go to this diet...it's good trying different diets and how each one are different....the most that's working right now is CKD, and im on it...I just wanna see what this book is all about, it's not a diet my trainer told me....he said it's an interesting book so im asking you guys about it....well 151lbs, i need to updated it im 155lbs , im still fat at this weight (i have love handles and flab in lower waist are cant seem to make it disappear),my LBM is 135lbs or lower , i think ckd is working well even tho i eat much of it i dont get bloated at all and i look more ripped when carbs are out...
    Last edited by PinoyBuilder17; 06-22-2006 at 08:42 AM.

Stronger, Leaner, Faster! USNRyan80's Avatar
    USNRyan80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USNRyan80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USNRyan80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take it that the Warrior Diet wasn't working out for you? I never saw you update that thread. How long did you try that one for? How did you feel?

bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JRX
    ^^^ bump

Speaking of this book:

I was at the gym yesterday and i saw a man who had to have been no more than 120lbs wet, around 5'9"-5'10" reading this book!

Anyways, i started up a conversation with the guy and just asked him how it was working for him. He said that he had been following the book to a 'T' but he didn't have any abs and he just looked the same.

As politely as i could i just informed him that he should stop reading that book and start eating like a horse, lift, and gain some weight, THEN use that book and cut down to abs.

The guy got pissed at me or something and started rambling about "how would you know", and "you're not a doctor.. and this dr. zincenski (or whatever his name is) IS!"

.... try to help some people
    glorify the Lord in all that you do =)

Originally Posted by USNRyan80
    I take it that the Warrior Diet wasn't working out for you? I never saw you update that thread. How long did you try that one for? How did you feel?
    I tried it for 3 days and there you go....JRX tried it too for three days and didnt work for him...it's good to experience different diets...now that i know i wont make mistakes in the future or other people hearing about them.

daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daeton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Max Protein
    For God's sake PinoyBuilder, stop jumping onto fad diet bandwagons. CKD, TKD, Warrior, and now this (which is crap, I tried it and there's no essential saturated fats, and promotes monounsaturated fats like almonds and olive oil, which the body stores easily as fat).
    You probably have some kind of body dysmorphic disorder.
    Just work out and eat right, you'll get there.
    The Abs Diet is not a fad diet, it is a guide for anyone to follow in order to eat a heathy diet.

I highly recommend it. It is great to read because it will help inform you about health and nutrition and exercise.
    5/22/06 -- 190 lbs @ 20% bf
    8/1/06 -- 176 lbs @ 15% bf
    11/27/06 -- 168 lbs @ 13% bf

12/27/07 -- 174 @ ??% bf

xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxwebgodxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JRX

At 151lbs you havent got enough muscle mass to cut down to and your body will have a hard time getting down to any degree of leanness.

Just eat using john berardis protocols. Carbs at breakfast and after workouts. With protein and fat meals at all other times.

All you need bro.

Breakfast: P+C
    Snack:P+F
    Lunch:P+F
    PreWO:P+C
    PWO:P+C
    Pre Bed: P+F

Id shoot for 50g carbs breakfast, 50g pre workout, 50g post workout.

about 230g protein, fats around 60-70g per day.

That gives you a breakdown of about 40%protein, 30%carbs, 30% fats.

Should sort you out.

Intresting theory, one question what if people like myself who wake up and go straight to the gym witout a pre workout meal ( take NO-Xpode ) I have about 50-80g carbs Post Work out, I am currently on a bulk

JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Post your current diet up in a separate thread and ill help you out mate. Not a problem.

Regarding the warrior diet. I wondered what it would be like to eat like that for a few days. Bad idea. Seeing as im doing a bsc in dietics youd have thought that there is no way i would attempt such a thing.

Well im a sucker for all new and controversial things.

Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by daeton
    The Abs Diet is not a fad diet, it is a guide for anyone to follow in order to eat a heathy diet.

I highly recommend it. It is great to read because it will help inform you about health and nutrition and exercise.
    I have read, that's why I could make the comments on the monounsaturated fats Zinczcenko recommends. Some more salient advice recommended by the Men's Health editor; (ah well, at least he's totally unbiased and neutral, and not likely to recommend products by or recieve funding from outside vested commercial interests...[rolleyes])

- get calcium as it helps burn fat... skimmed milk is the best source
    Oh really? 'Fat' lot of good skimmed milk will do you in this aspect, seeing as without the fat, your body can't absorb the calcium.

- eat protein from lean sources like egg whites, lean beef, etc.
    Ah yes. Egg whites, egg yolk is of course the most nutritionally complete food source readily available, containing every single nutrient except vitamin C. Egg whites just containing aminos. Lean protein sources also carry the danger of depleting the body of vitamin A (retinol) as they don't contain vitamin A - only the fat does.

He also goes on to recommend products containing questionable ingredients despite purporting the diet to be a natural diet, like preseratives, flavourings and processed meat products containing MSG and nitrates. He even names certain brands of products featured in Men's Health. Read this: www.westonaprice.org/men/menshealthmag.html

The diet is nonsense, trust me.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---

gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have read, that's why I could make the comments on the monounsaturated fats Zinczcenko recommends. Some more salient advice recommended by the Men's Health editor; (ah well, at least he's totally unbiased and neutral, and not likely to recommend products by or recieve funding from outside vested commercial interests...[rolleyes])

Oh really? 'Fat' lot of good skimmed milk will do you in this aspect, seeing as without the fat, your body can't absorb the calcium.

Ah yes. Egg whites, egg yolk is of course the most nutritionally complete food source readily available, containing every single nutrient except vitamin C. Egg whites just containing aminos. Lean protein sources also carry the danger of depleting the body of vitamin A (retinol) as they don't contain vitamin A - only the fat does.

He also goes on to recommend products containing questionable ingredients despite purporting the diet to be a natural diet, like preseratives, flavourings and processed meat products containing MSG and nitrates. He even names certain brands of products featured in Men's Health. Read this: www.westonaprice.org/men/menshealthmag.html

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I've been looking about articles about the book. That website goes to point out all that is wrong with Men's Health, and does not provide any suggestions or solutions. A poor argument by any standards.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Reps............nice keeping things real Max
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

Originally Posted by gobluevw
    I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I've been looking about articles about the book. That website goes to point out all that is wrong with Men's Health, and does not provide any suggestions or solutions. A poor argument by any standards.
    Um, ever think to read the rest of the site, which is one of the best for nutritional information?

---

IamDonny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamDonny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have read the entire book it got me where I wanted to be. In my opinion this is aimed more towards the overweight population that is ready to embark on a healthy lifestyle. I followed this book's advice and did indeed lose a lot of weight and now am able to see somewhat defined abs albeit not the perfect six pack. As I've been following this book and going to the gym a minimum of 3x a week I can say the book was worth the price. It's a great book for weightloss and nutrition information for those with little knowledge ( The average American ).

I no longer follow the guidelines in this book however. I've decided to try to bulk up and try to get more into bodybuilding.

I guess the point is too look at yourself and think about what your goal is. If you just want to lose weight and get in good shape then I see this book as an asset. If you want to be a bodybuilder... it's not exactly the best approach.

Good luck and God Bless,

Donny
    You can not solve a problem with the same mind that created it.
    http://www.blog.myspace.com/scientifictheology