Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rocksmtu
    That sounds like a fun and challenging project. This is your full time job or a senior design project?
    3rd year University Computer Science student. This robotics course I took for personal interest, and it's actually opened my eyes to perhaps a future career option.

Anyways, that robot was just Lab 1. Now I have to outfit it with IR sensor and have it detect objects and perform evasive actions, using a micro controller as opposed to an analog circuit brain.

as promised, the Robot's progression:

v0.9b

v1.0

v2.0

Video (tilt your head to the side =/)
    http://scs.ryerson.ca/~c5kong/CPS607/bot2.3gp
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=825391

June 21 @ 252lbs (~35% bf)
    Oct 19 @ 244lbs (26.4% bf)

"ENOUGH! I'm through whinin' like a yuppie fool. Maybe I have lost my edge. Maybe I'm not the best and never was...
    But I can be...if I want it bad enough."

Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miburo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cawiau
    Hey where are you???? It has been 4 days since your last post, hope you did not give up and you stopped eating those candies (Look who's talking, just had a few a minute ago )

Ok, I am writing because me and Anitdote are going to start a little competion starting this Sunday and that will end end of December. Hope you will jump in, and that will only require you to log in oncfe a week, on SUnday.

Starting this Sunday, we will start a thread, and the rules are:

***Update a pic every month : 1rst of October, 5th of November, 3rd of December and the final pic will be on December 31rst.

****Also, keep a progress report on all your lift and workout.

The final decision of whom is the winner will be based on :

1.- Whoever loss the greater amount of BF %
    2.- Whoever improved their lift the most
    3.- Greatest transformation based on the pics (vote will be held by person visiting the last thread created)

What do you say? You are in?

I looked over your thread and your criteria, but I'm afraid i'm gonna have to respectfully decline

I've just got too much stuff going on right now to actively participate, and the truth is the motivation I go to keep going, comes from how I feel compared to when I started.

The contests are fun, but I don't get anything out of them that I don't already have

Good luck though Carl, give 'em hell for me.

"ENOUGH! I'm through whinin' like a yuppie fool. Maybe I have lost my edge. Maybe I'm not the best and never was...

Originally Posted by Jassdolly
    MIBURO! I thought you got lost in the woods. Was gonna send out a search party for ya, but I figured you'd be alright eating ferns and grubs.

grubs are a good source of lean protein

acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Miburo! Long time no see.

Angry

Ok, I'm ****ing PISSED right now.

I just found out that my domain got hacked by two people claiming to be from Turkey wanting to draw attention to the middle east.

YES.

MY PRIVATE WEBSITE IS BEING USED FOR PROPAGANDA...AND I'M ****ING MAD.

THey've posted a disturbing image of decapitation on it....and for obvious reasons I'm not gonna tell you the URL to my site.

I'm investigating what they've done...but I've already contacted my service provider to see if they're aware of this.

****UFHSLKNWIHALKHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT///
    I fixed it, but I'm still pissed-the-****-off. I'm obviously feeling violated because of this **** right now.
    Last edited by Miburo; 09-30-2006 at 12:36 PM.

Originally Posted by acd
    Hey Miburo! Long time no see.

hey you!!!!!!

how're things? I haven't been around to keep tabs

Talking Wow!

While it feels like I've been doing this since...well, forever already...it just occured to me that my "3-month anniversary" was just about 2 weeks ago.

Imagine that....look how far I've come since then! Feels like a lot longer than 3 months, but just saying "only 3 months" and looking at my progress since then I feel awesome.

Further to that, I just realized that my "6-month anniversary" will be only 2 days after my birthday in December. I suppose my progress from 6 months will be my birthday gift to myself.

Couldn't ask for a better gift

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Miburo, I totally understand bro. Hope everything is going very well with your class and everything is great.

Sorry to hear about your website and it is good to hear that you were able to fix everything.

i understand that university lie is really hectic but try to keep us update on your progress. You guys are kinda like family now. If I don't hear from you in a while I get a little worried. Kinda strange.

Wish you the best and keep us update.

cawiau

so I haven't updated since the begining of the month, where should I start.

Had my BIA test yesterday:
    1) My BMR is 1948 (pretty low ><)
    2) my water content is ~50%....should be between 60-70%, so i should be drinking more
    3) my BF% is......duh duh duh....26.4% :O
    - guess the military method is inaccurate because of the way fat is distrubted on me. I'll still use it to keep track of inches lost though.

So I talked to the fitness advisor and we figure I should drop my caloric intake 100-200 kCals more. I should also keep a log of my lifts like I used to, because I pushed myself more when I did that. I need to up my cardio (ugh..like we all didn't already know this was coming).

OH! And I moved almost solely to free weights now. I had to drop some of numbers I used to have though, because my stabilizer muscles weren't as developed as the main ones (since i was on machines for some movements before). So now I'm doing all compound exercises.

I'll start updating my log again frequently starting monday.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Miburo
    That is good to here...

Will look forward to your future progress.

Take care.

Today is wednesday .....still no update

Hope you are doing okay.

Take care
    cawiau

slight miscalculation on my part, I have two exams tomorrow that i've been studying for all week, plus i was in the bad habit of not updating so it totally slipped my mind.

I'll make it up to you by posting a progress pic this weekend

I'll make it up to you by posting a progress pic this weekend

Sure about that

Will wait for the pics then

Originally Posted by cawiau
    Sure about that
    bah...I guess I deserved that.

at school right now doing some calibrating on my robot, i'll even upload anew video of it detecting objects and avoiding collisions.

man I feel out of itwith the BBforums...what's been going on lately? Hows that contest going for you?

XD45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man!!! Just wanted to say that you kind of helped motivate me to get back into it as well. I started a progress thread awhile back on here and then I slacked off and forgot about it, but I am back and more motivated thane ver. I got a gym membership and I feel awesome. I havent lost any weight yet but just exercising the muscles and feeling the burn is AWESOME.

Hang in there, and post some pics or something

acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey you!!!!!!

how're things? I haven't been around to keep tabs

I'm fine thanks. Had to drop out of the transformation contest I'm pregnant. Shocking isn't it? I still can't believe it.

Hope you're ok, who knows maybe that course will lead the way for a career.
    "In order to succeed, the desire for success must be greater than the fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." Don't remember who.

Progress pic!

As promised:

I can't see much change between sept and now, but I see the different from july to now.

It's slow ><

I must confess, this is actually a lot harder now that school's going on that I had hoped it to be. I'm making progress still, but not as quickly as I had hoped I be.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by XD45
    Hey man!!! Just wanted to say that you kind of helped motivate me to get back into it as well. I started a progress thread awhile back on here and then I slacked off and forgot about it, but I am back and more motivated thane ver. I got a gym membership and I feel awesome. I havent lost any weight yet but just exercising the muscles and feeling the burn is AWESOME.

Hang in there, and post some pics or something

Thanks! I never thought i'd be inspiring to others...I mean I started out with a pretty selfish goal...but along that way that changed into something a lot bigger than I had every dreamed.

I'm glad I've been able to have a positive influence on people here.

Keep at it, you'll get where you want to be as long as you believe you can make it!

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    How's your diet going?

Originally Posted by acd
    I'm fine thanks. Had to drop out of the transformation contest I'm pregnant. Shocking isn't it? I still can't believe it.

Hope you're ok, who knows maybe that course will lead the way for a career.

WOW....just....WOW.....

how do you manage to do that???? Congrats!

It's a good thing you're finishing up school soon!

and yeah, about this course....it's really opened my eyes. I used to think that'd i get a cushy job developing applications somewhere once i graduated...but now I realize that I love autonomous robotics.

The theories are so out of the box, and the field is still new but there's interest in it that's helping it grow. I want to talk to my prof when this course is over and see how I can persue it.

http://scs.ryerson.ca/~c5kong/CPS607/

Here's a very basic webpage I made to outline the evolution of my robot...it's not very informative but you can see how i've made changed to the design and there are two videos on it.

if you want a direct link to the lastest vid, you can go directly here
    http://scs.ryerson.ca/~c5kong/CPS607/bot35.avi

Originally Posted by boyscouT
    How's your diet going?

needs work.

I'm not counting calories strictly, and there are probably days of the week where i'm hitting maint levels.

I'm probably looking at a carb heavy ratio too, and not getting enough EFAs.

probably something like 40/50/10

and that's not ideal. I'd like 50p/30c/20f

M1 - 6:20am - 1cup cooked oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop whey, 2 fish pills, multi, glucosamine, sesathin.

M2 - 9:20am - 1 cup CC, 1tsp flaxseed, 100g yogurt

M3 - 12:00pm - 1 chicken quesadilla (made from home. 1 WW tortilla, 8oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup bell pepper, 1/4 cup tomato, 1/4 cheddar, cayenne pepper sauce, lime juice, cillantro) + 2 fish pills + sesathin

M4 - 2:00 - Chicken Teriyaki Bento
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-30-2006 at 02:52 PM.

TheLegace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLegace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLegace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Miburo what are you taking in Uni again.

I'm just getting into this thread. It is prolly an engineering course right.

Anyway good luck, you look Indian same with me.
    Need to work harder!!!

October 18, 2005 230lb @ 33%
    Sept 1, 2006 215 lb @ 25%
    October 13, 2006 219 @ 24% BF
    October, 29, 2006 Unknown
    Goals ~

October 1, 2006 to reach about 20% body fat
    November 1, 2006 to reach about 15% body fat

(Hope they are realistic)
    Ultimate Goal 230lb @ 10%

WOW....just....WOW.....

how do you manage to do that???? Congrats!

It's a good thing you're finishing up school soon!

and yeah, about this course....it's really opened my eyes. I used to think that'd i get a cushy job developing applications somewhere once i graduated...but now I realize that I love autonomous robotics.

The theories are so out of the box, and the field is still new but there's interest in it that's helping it grow. I want to talk to my prof when this course is over and see how I can persue it.

I know. I cried when I found out since I was taking care of myself. LOL
    But I guess it was bound to happen b/c I checked the expiration date on the foam yesterday and it was expired. Can't believe I forgot to check that.

It'll be tough but I'll finish. Just this semester which is over Dec 12 and then 3 more classes after.

I'm glad you found something that you like to do. That's great, especially if you can make a career out of it.

Oh Congrats, making very good progress. The change is noticeable.
    "In order to succeed, the desire for success must be greater than the fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." Don't remember who.

Originally Posted by TheLegace
    Miburo what are you taking in Uni again.

I'm just getting into this thread. It is prolly an engineering course right.

Anyway good luck, you look Indian same with me.

Ryerson Comp Sci (Co-Op). It's a 3rd year comp sci course dealing with behavior based synthetic intellegence, and it's fun as hell.

BTW, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but my enthnicity is mixed. My parents are both from Guyana (country in south america, but still considered the Caribbean) and I'm Half Chinese, and Half Indian.

Originally Posted by acd
    I know. I cried when I found out since I was taking care of myself. LOL
    But I guess it was bound to happen b/c I checked the expiration date on the foam yesterday and it was expired. Can't believe I forgot to check that.

It'll be tough but I'll finish. Just this semester which is over Dec 12 and then 3 more classes after.

I'm glad you found something that you like to do. That's great, especially if you can make a career out of it.

Oh Congrats, making very good progress. The change is noticeable.

no pill?

no pill?

Nope she was thinking any because did not work for her before.

Anyway how are you doing bro??? I seen the pics and there are some noticeable differences....that is great and keep up the good work.

Still enjoyinh your couse I see...that is good.

Take care
    cawiau