Thread: Total Gym Pro

Edward K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Total Gym Pro

Hey whats up guys. I just registered for the forums. Im 19, 5'6, 140 pounds and I really want to get in the best shape of my life. My uncle gave me his Total Gym Pro (the Chuck Norris gym). Well, I read the other forums and I want the real advice. I feel like this gym is not going to gain all the weight im aimin for. Im motivated to gain as much muscle as it is possible, but im not so good with the terminology. So what does everyone recommend. Free weights? And can u please tell me what the equipment name is so I can buy it.

Anal Hygiene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You want real advice? Take that total gym and set it on fire, then throw it down a cliff. After you have done that reach the bottom of the cliff and shoot it with a shotty 8-9 times.

Then get: http://dumbellbuddy.net/powertec/pow...rack_only.html
    and: http://dumbellbuddy.net/powertec/pow...ity_bench.html

Then you're set.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Go to the gym and start a real program.

Chuck Norris does rule though. He can slam revolving doors...I seenct it happen!

Edward K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL awesome. thats what im lookin for. Just some hard honest truth. Im definitely gonna take the advice. Ive been readin the topics about the Bowflex vs going to gym? Is going to gym better?

And what program can I follow on this site that will guide me gettin great muscles? Theres so many out there that I feel like theres to much to take in. Kinda gets me confused.

Anal Hygiene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Edward K
    LOL awesome. thats what im lookin for. Just some hard honest truth. Im definitely gonna take the advice. Ive been readin the topics about the Bowflex vs going to gym? Is going to gym better?

And what program can I follow on this site that will guide me gettin great muscles? Theres so many out there that I feel like theres to much to take in. Kinda gets me confused.
    MAX OT works great IMO for beginners and advanced. Or you could do a full body split 3x a week. It's up to you.

Here are links: http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot_intro.asp
    (You have to register but its free, you dont need to put your real email address)

And here is another GREAT routine (probably better for you). Props to LATRELL for posting it:
    Day 1:
    Squats 5x5 ramped to top set
    Incline DB bench 3x8
    Pullups 3x8 (weighted)
    dips or close-grip bench few sets
    *core work

Day 3:
    Deadlift 5x5 ramped to top set
    Military Press 3x8
    Barbell Rows 3x5 ramped to top set
    *core work

Day 5:
    Squats 5x5 (sets across with weight of 3rd set on day 1)
    Flat bb bench 1x5 90% of 5rm, 1x3 90% of 1rm, 1x1 95-100% of 1rm
    Yates Rows 4x10 (sets across, 80% of 10rm)
    few sets of dips
    *core work

And by the *core work that means crunches etc...

lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokischild is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive been readin the topics about the Bowflex vs going to gym? Is going to gym better?
    As someone who uses a bowflex, my opinion is HELL YEAH the gym is better. I'd go more often if I didn't have kids. As it is, I go about once a month and pay for a day pass to see where my max's are on free weights. To be honest, when my kids start school next month, I'm probably going to get a gym membership.

I wouldn't buy another bowflex unless I was in the same position I was 6 years ago when I bought it... Moving around a lot, with very little floor space to store it. It folds up nicely, stores out of the way, it works, but it is not ideal.
    Play the ball, not the man.

"a good MRP beats eating a drive-thru greasebomb." - JustLost

latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i had the total gym a long time ago, i thought it be great from all those informercials, after about 2 days i found out it sucked, and used it for warmup for 6 months until i returned it.
    Offering online personal training.. please PM for rates and complete info

Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey whats up guys. I just registered for the forums. Im 19, 5'6, 140 pounds and I really want to get in the best shape of my life. My uncle gave me his Total Gym Pro (the Chuck Norris gym). Well, I read the other forums and I want the real advice. I feel like this gym is not going to gain all the weight im aimin for. Im motivated to gain as much muscle as it is possible, but im not so good with the terminology. So what does everyone recommend. Free weights? And can u please tell me what the equipment name is so I can buy it.
    I think the best route is to have your own weight setup at your home. Power rack, bench, 300 lb weight set, and some dumbbells. Thats all you need. I think working out at home is best because you want to have consistency and sometimes its easy to break that when you have to drive all the way to the gym 3 times a week.
    Last edited by Krikey187; 06-28-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    EliteFTS Power Rack
    Ironmaster Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=340739&d=1160948041

"Years ago we hardly had anything to eat. Now I earn more money and I see every opponent as a man that tries to put me back to that poorer period. That man has to be eliminated."

-Fedor Emelianenko