sledd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question is it possible to bulk w/out gaining fat, if done slowly?

say you only gained 1/2 pound or less per week on a bulk ... would you gain any fat or would the overwhelming majority of that be muscle? im interested b/c im currently cutting and once i reach my goal of around 10% bf or lower, i'd like to stay around there.

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well if you just bulk cleanly and don't have any junk food at all, you won't gain as much fat. You are probably going to gain fat no matter what you do, just try to limit the fat you gain. You can try to gain 1/2 pound, but it just make take more time. I wouldn't worry about the fat though. By the end of my bulking cycles, I can still see some of my six pack and I don't bulk that cleanly.

Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Illmatic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: is it possible to bulk w/out gaining fat, if done slowly?

Originally posted by sledd
    say you only gained 1/2 pound or less per week on a bulk ... would you gain any fat or would the overwhelming majority of that be muscle? im interested b/c im currently cutting and once i reach my goal of around 10% bf or lower, i'd like to stay around there.
    The short answer is 'no'. Gaining muscle requires a caloric surplus, which means you're going to gain some fat as well.

There are genetically gifted people who gain very little fat when bulking though.
    "If your life doesn't pass before you when you squat, you aren't doing it right." -Tom Platz

nickhtz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well guys i have a question.lets say that someone has 15 percent bodyfat.and he wants to bulk up.can he put only muscles so that means the body fat we be lower due to the fact that he will have more muscles compared with the fat then before who was less kilos. for example:someone is 14.6 percent bodyfat in 63 kg so he has around 9 kg of fat and 54 kg muscle...lets say he is bulking up with only muscle and he takes 5 kg in muscle but he didnt gained fat....so now he has 68 kg but 59 kg muscle and again 9 kg fat so his bodyfat is lower is that achievable?

jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeremyacox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To answer the first one yes you can although it will be very slow although it sounds like your looking for more of a recomp than a bulk. Bulking is all about eating enough to maxamize muscle growth with some fat gain. I would look into body recomp from what you want and for the second question, yes if you have 15 lbs of fat for example then gain 5 lbs of muscle then your body fat ratio would decrease.
    Meet lifts
    578/402/618

ACE certified Personal Trainer

*Twin Lab Miltia Member since 2014*

Instagram @jeremyacox1

Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000) Je5ter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sychokid View Post
    Well if you just bulk cleanly and don't have any junk food at all, you won't gain as much fat. You are probably going to gain fat no matter what you do, just try to limit the fat you gain. You can try to gain 1/2 pound, but it just make take more time. I wouldn't worry about the fat though. By the end of my bulking cycles, I can still see some of my six pack and I don't bulk that cleanly.
    False. The type of food is irrelevant as long as you eat your macros. If you take a multi, the micro's dont matter either. Short answer, you will gain fat