Thread: Flax Seed Oil

ElvenMassacre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Flax Seed Oil

I have a bottle of Flax Seed Oil gel capsules. 1000 mg in each capsule. I hear people say take 1 tsp of flax seed oil but how many capsules should i take of this stuff?

Also I'm using 6oxo to recover from a short steroid cycle..i hear it wont do any good. I dont see why it wouldn't do any good. Pat Arnold has said it'd work but obviously he's trying to sell his new product. Thanks.

labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Flax Seed Oil

Originally posted by ElvenMassacre
    I have a bottle of Flax Seed Oil gel capsules. 1000 mg in each capsule. I hear people say take 1 tsp of flax seed oil but how many capsules should i take of this stuff?

Also I'm using 6oxo to recover from a short steroid cycle..i hear it wont do any good. I dont see why it wouldn't do any good. Pat Arnold has said it'd work but obviously he's trying to sell his new product. Thanks.
    The 6-OXO should help with recovery. Most of the steroid guys take stronger stuff (i.e. prescription) for recovery. So that is probably why they are saying the 6-OXO won't help.
    FREE YJ

CMM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many capsules. If you don't mind the size of the capsules. I once estimated about 11 capsules to equal two tablespoons.

I prefer the straight refridgerated liquid bottle. Mixes easily in milk, and add a little flavoring. I prefer vanilla flavoring.

CMM

labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by CMM
    Many capsules. If you don't mind the size of the capsules. I once estimated about 11 capsules to equal two tablespoons.

I prefer the straight refridgerated liquid bottle. Mixes easily in milk, and add a little flavoring. I prefer vanilla flavoring.

CMM
    I take the liquid (Barlean's 2 tablespoons/day) as well. A lot cheaper. I don't know where this "flax seed oil tastes like sh*t rumor came about". I buy mine from Nutrition Depot (refrigerated) and it has a mild taste. It is so mild. I take mine straight without a chaser.
    FREE YJ

CMM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by labrad
    I take the liquid (Barlean's 2 tablespoons/day) as well. A lot cheaper. I don't know where this "flax seed oil tastes like sh*t rumor came about". I buy mine from Nutrition Depot (refrigerated) and it has a mild taste. It is so mild. I take mine straight without a chaser.

I used the same Brand, but buy local. I tried the flax oil in orange juice in the beginning, and I couldn't deal with it. The oil just woudn't get out of my mouth.

Later on when I bought the oil again, I decided to try milk and oil in the blender, and I am content. No after taste.

CMM

Little misunderstanding (probably my fault)Nutrition Depot is my local supplement store. Merry Christmas.
    FREE YJ

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Re: Flax Seed Oil

Originally posted by ElvenMassacre

You wasted your money. It takes 12-14 caps to equal one TBS and you need 2-3tbs per day. Forget caps.

Will Brink
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by labrad
    You got me labrad, I like the taste, call me nutty!

stri8ted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stri8ted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Flax Seed Oil

Originally posted by WillBrink
    You wasted your money. It takes 12-14 caps to equal one TBS and you need 2-3tbs per day. Forget caps.

Will Brink
    I don't think they are always a waste.
    There is no rule that says you have to get 2-3 tablespoons of Flax oil a day. That would be 28-42 gms. of fat from Flax alone, equaling up to 378 calories from only flax. That is already 15% of my calories (at times). I don't know about you, but flax is definately not my only fat source. If one is eating a diversified diet of whole foods including nuts, fatty fishes, alvacados, etc., and merely wants to supplement their diet with a small amount of flax, I think they are nice and easy to just swallow down with your vitamins and your whole food meals.

-Stri8ted
    "Look Daddy, a whale egg!"
    -Ralph Wiggum

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Re: Re: Re: Flax Seed Oil

Originally posted by stri8ted
    I don't think they are always a waste.
    There is no rule that says you have to get 2-3 tablespoons of Flax oil a day. That would be 28-42 gms. of fat from Flax alone, equaling up to 378 calories from only flax. That is already 15% of my calories (at times). I don't know about you, but flax is definately not my only fat source. If one is eating a diversified diet of whole foods including nuts, fatty fishes, alvacados, etc., and merely wants to supplement their diet with a small amount of flax, I think they are nice and easy to just swallow down with your vitamins and your whole food meals.

-Stri8ted
    But there IS a rule that says to get an effect you need 2-3tbs per day and if one is eating a wide variety of foods with EFAs, then you are better off with fish oild caps. Flax caps are a waste of money period.

Will

www.BrinkZone.com

stri8ted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stri8ted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Flax Seed Oil

But there IS a rule that says to get an effect you need 2-3tbs per day and if one is eating a wide variety of foods with EFAs, then you are better off with fish oild caps. Flax caps are a waste of money period.

Will
    By that logic, I am wasting my time by taking in anything less than 2 TBS. in a given day. I don't doubt the benifits of taking Flax in large doses but I think that any amount of Omega 3 is better than none. Flax oil is probably more economical for sure, but if I want to take a small amount and want the convenience of a pill, why not.

-Stri8ted
    -Ralph Wiggum

KBlair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want the convenience of a pill, try Health from the Sun's "Total EFA". A decent balance of Omega 3,6 and 9.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flax Seed Oil

By that logic, I am wasting my time by taking in anything less than 2 TBS. in a given day. I don't doubt the benifits of taking Flax in large doses but I think that any amount of Omega 3 is better than none. Flax oil is probably more economical for sure, but if I want to take a small amount and want the convenience of a pill, why not.

-Stri8ted
    I will explain this again: if a person wants to get the maximal benafits from a n-3 lipids in cap form, then they should use a good EPA/DHA product. Conversion of LNA (found in flax) to EPA/DHA is small, and so, taking a few caps of flax is more or less a waste of time and money, not to mention will fail to alter the n-3/n-6 ratio in a favorable direction if you are eating large amount of other oils, nuts, etc which are mostly n-6 lipids. If you don't believe that or understand that, by all means, take all the flax caps you want.

Will Brink

www.BrinkZone.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flax Seed Oil

I will explain this again: if a person wants to get the maximal benafits from a n-3 lipids in cap form, then they should use a good EPA/DHA product. Conversion of LNA (found in flax) to EPA/DHA is small, and so, taking a few caps of flax is more or less a waste of time and money, not to mention will fail to alter the n-3/n-6 ratio in a favorable direction if you are eating large amount of other oils, nuts, etc which are mostly n-6 lipids. If you don't believe that or understand that, by all means, take all the flax caps you want.

Will Brink
    Well I know the ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 in flax is 4 to 1; but I did not know there was a "gold standard" ratio for homeostasis. If so what is it?

I would also like to know if the conversion of Alpha linolenic acid to EPA/DHA is the only way one can benifit from Flax. If so why can one not just supplement with EPA and DHA instead drinking a gallon of flax oil and relying on the conversion process? I still believe that some flax oil is better than none and caps are an easy way to do this. But I now see that you are implying for "maximum benefit". If you could answer those questions though I would apreciate it.

Thanks,
    Stri8ted
    -Ralph Wiggum

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flax Seed Oil

Well I know the ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 in flax is 4 to 1; but I did not know there was a "gold standard" ratio for homeostasis. If so what is it?

I would also like to know if the conversion of Alpha linolenic acid to EPA/DHA is the only way one can benifit from Flax. If so why can one not just supplement with EPA and DHA instead drinking a gallon of flax oil and relying on the conversion process? I still believe that some flax oil is better than none and caps are an easy way to do this. But I now see that you are implying for "maximum benefit". If you could answer those questions though I would apreciate it.

Thanks,
    Stri8ted
    There is no known optimal ratio, and it may be some what individual. Most people find they do best on a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio of 3 to 6. Many have argued that in fact to get the benafits of n3 lipids, just take the epa/dha supps. Peronally, I feel both is probably the way to go, but it does depend on some factors, such as age, goals, etc.

Will Brink

www.BrinkZone.com

mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100)
    flax oil caps are not a waste of money for non-bodybuilders. They are good just for ppl who want to stay healthy as well who do not need to eat 3500+ cals a day. But.....the straight oil is the way to go! Helps with the cals too.

Originally posted by mauibuilt
    flax oil caps are not a waste of money for non-bodybuilders. They are good just for ppl who want to stay healthy as well who do not need to eat 3500+ cals a day. But.....the straight oil is the way to go! Helps with the cals too.
    So the biology of bodybuilders is different from that of non bodybuilders? Explian.

Will

www.BrinkZone.com

mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100) mauibuilt is not very well liked. (-100)
    bodybuilders consume almost twice as much cals as a non-weight trainer does, therefore needs twice as much efa's, therefore needs less flax gel caps....also, lots of ppl who take efa's take it just to get some into their system, bodybuilders take it to raise nat. test levels...soooo we need more of it...

flax seed oil caps reccommends 1-2 daily. and bb's taking 12-15? hmmm....so im saying yes flax seed caps are a waste for bb's because of the high amounts of efa's, etc wanted from the flax, but to a person who just wants to take a **** load of vit., minerals, etc to stay healthy only needs the reccommended amount.

waste for bb's? not a waste for health freaks.

bodybuilders consume almost twice as much cals as a non-weight trainer does, therefore needs twice as much efa's, therefore needs less flax gel caps....also, lots of ppl who take efa's take it just to get some into their system, bodybuilders take it to raise nat. test levels...soooo we need more of it...

flax seed oil caps reccommends 1-2 daily. and bb's taking 12-15? hmmm....so im saying yes flax seed caps are a waste for bb's because of the high amounts of efa's, etc wanted from the flax, but to a person who just wants to take a **** load of vit., minerals, etc to stay healthy only needs the reccommended amount.

waste for bb's? not a waste for health freaks.
    Your logic is totally flawed and your comments "bodybuilders take it to raise nat. test levels" incorrect.

Will Brink

www.BrinkZone.com

lack of efa's in diet reduce test levels....

BloodandGuts02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Walmart Flax Oil

I buy my flax oil at Walmart for A little over 5 bucks. I don;t
    think It has to be refridgearated until opened. Mine wasn't
    and It doesn't taste rancid to me. I haven't got sick or the
    ruins. It says on the bottlle it"s good till 2005.
    Lets get nasty Yates!!!!!!!!

From blood and guts the video

felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felix318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Flax oil deteriorates rapidly if not refrigerated, and be sure to check the expiration dates on the bottle before you buy it. I drink it straight from the bottle, no mixing, no mess.

Talking

Originally posted by felix318
    Flax oil deteriorates rapidly if not refrigerated, and be sure to check the expiration dates on the bottle before you buy it. I drink it straight from the bottle, no mixing, no mess.
    A real man, I bet you don't even use utensils to eat your steak.
    -Ralph Wiggum

lack of efa's in diet reduce test levels....
    Show me the data.

www.BrinkZone.com