LovinPSDs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Very physically demanding job and working out?

Any one do it or have opinions? This is my first post. Do lots of reading and have really gotten alot of help from everyones imput just by seraching. I was working out alot when I was at school, but now that I'm home for the summer I labor for my pops masonry business basiclly working 8AM to 5 PM ish.. depending, shoveling. lifting boards, scafford, ect ect ect... When i come home I'm pretty drained but I feel like i could muster up the energy for a lift, I just dunno how benificial it would be. My back is sore pretty much every day, and every day of work is basicly a full body workout. I just don't feel like my workouts would be intense. Anyone have any imput. Also, I eat a good breakfast, lunch is at noon, dinner at 6:30. I want to snack and take some kinda supplement around 9 and 3 ish. Any imput on that too. Sorry for a long post.

I was thinking Syntrax essense at like 3 because I think a fruit punch or somehting shake would go over alot easier in 90+ heat than chocolate or something like that. I usually have some cottage cheese, or a decent snack at 9ish, any other supplements besides the obvious that might be usefully/benificial? Thanks alot for your help ahead of time.

Ian
    Last edited by LovinPSDs; 06-19-2006 at 07:58 PM.

KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea, I landscape and it can be pretty tough. I like to go before work sometimes, but seeing as you have to be there at 8 that's probably not possible.

I would say still work out and just do the best you can. It's not optimal but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks for the help.. yeah I usually get up about 630 ish... it would be pretty hard to workout before then. What about cutting out shoulder days. I mean 75% of the day I am tonging bring and it's all shoulders. Or just F*** it and git to it?

Any imput on supplements? Something to keep me high energy all day or that will be benificail even tho it wouldn't be a "pre or post" work out kinda thing as far as the day goes.. not the lifting..

1337 Wrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1337 Wrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1337 Wrestler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recomend animal pak, I've had it for about 2 weeks and it has improved my alertness. They arent tasty thats for sure, but its not expensive and you get a lot of servings. Other than the multi, I think you are ok.
    Freshmen in College, HOLLA
    5'7''
    164lb
    Bench - 225x1
    Squat 295x5
    SS Quote - "Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy."

Neuroshi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm right there with you, man. I'm a furniture mover/builder -- and I get a full body workout every day, lifting mattresses, carpet bads, dining tables, dressers, you name it...

By the end of the day, I've hit every muscle group. I work 9 to 6, so I can fit a workout in the morning, but unfortunately I rarely do... my boss pays me well, and I like to be able to do the lifting required throughout the day without getting drained.

As far as supps, I just take a multi and an occasional MRP to make sure that I'm getting all the nutrients I need, just for stability, by the end of the day. I also drink at least a gallon of water.

nooneno456123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey dudes

I'm a meter reader for power companies in New Zealand. Usually on a average I have to walk/jog between 80-120 km a week (6-9 hours a day) It's not hard physical labour but after walking up and down long right of ways in steep as areas all day in rain,hail or shine you get pretty buggered!!

Intially I had near to no results for 6 months,but after getting pissed off that I was seeing no results,even though I trained like a mu#%$fu45er I decided to put myself on a high calorie clean diet so I'd be putting more in my body than I'd be burning. I started making protein cookies for easy convinent snacks and eating in mass - tuna, chicken eggs, kumura, rice etc everyday. It's became routine after a while and I've been doing it for a year now(have gone from 67kg to 83kg) I supplement mostly with whey and creatine occasionally using testosrone boosters and glutamine when I have extra cash to splash.

I'd recommend training in the mornings when your at your strongest. Have porriage, bannana and a protein shake every morning on work days. Throw down a expresso. Mix up creatine,dextrose and some flavour drink powder in water and drink that before your workout.

Post workout- Protein, dextrose, creatine again to feed your muscles and get your glycogen levels back up. Now you can work without hitting the wall at 3pm.

Eat like its your last day alive only don't touch sugar, saturated fat..in other words junk food. You want to create an anabolic environment as in our jobs muscle is broken down easily. Take protein bars or make them yourselve. Like you said you already have cottage cheese. That kicks ass!! It has l glutamine in it to prevent muscle breakdown. I usually have that once or twice a day. Peanut butter is also good for a snack. Even a scroggin mix of nuts and that is good so you get the right fats in your body.

Drink a slow digesting protein shake b4 you hit the sack. Works wonders!!

Peace!!

Well it's on.. after 2 to 3 weeks off, gettin a summer membership at a gym tonite and it's back on. did some HIIT lastnite, play soccer on thursdays. I am thinkin lift mon, wed, fri/sat... I play soccer thursday, hiit on tuesday. Anyone have anything to say about NO-Xplode for possible energy boost after work to get a good workout in? Thank ahead of time.

ian

nooneno456123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I havn't tryed No Xpode but I hear it works well.
    I'm getting some supplements this week from legal gear for a bulking cycle. I'll let you know it's results when I finish.

Whats HIT training like?