FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is the best 'Blended Protein Shake' to take first thing in the Morning?

And please don't reply with MM. I am currently taking BSN Syntha 6...Has
    Whey
    Casein
    Egg

Any other 'blended/multi-protein' shakes anyone can recommend for taking first thing in the morning?
    6'1'' 195 lbs
    10% bf

dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlifting29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Matrix 5.0 is an other good one that has Whey, Casien, and Egg. I love the taste of it. The chocolate is the bomb digity.

WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to merely throw powder in water/milk then matrix may be the way to go. By MM were you referring to musclemilk or mass meal? Because mass meal is good mrp type protein with excellent macros.
    18yo ecto/meso
    165lbs 5'11" 10% bodyfat

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why are you taking a blend in the morning? The idea of a morning shake as soon as your feet hit the floor is to break the fast you just put your body through by sleeping. With that in mind, you want the fastest absorbing protein you can get. Give that a half our to digest while your showering and dressing, then hit something that'll take a little longer to digest like whole foods.

jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When you get up first thing you need a Whey protien. But before bed a whey casien mix is best. I would go with Matrix 5.0 or the Pro complex by ON.

FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FSUNolesZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Veritas
    Why are you taking a blend in the morning? The idea of a morning shake as soon as your feet hit the floor is to break the fast you just put your body through by sleeping. With that in mind, you want the fastest absorbing protein you can get. Give that a half our to digest while your showering and dressing, then hit something that'll take a little longer to digest like whole foods.
    Well, I forgot to add, I use one scoop of BSN Syntha-6 & One scoop of ON Whey in my morning shake. For a couple reasons,
    1) The Whey factor...want to get in my body asap...but also want the Egg & Casein to be there for a couple hours until my 10 AM 7 Eggs & Oats meal.
    2) The blended Protein Shakes are a lot more $ than just Whey...Instead of 2 scoops of the Syntha-6, I just use one here.
    6'1'' 195 lbs
    10% bf

Originally Posted by WhatTheDodd?
    If you want to merely throw powder in water/milk then matrix may be the way to go. By MM were you referring to musclemilk or mass meal? Because mass meal is good mrp type protein with excellent macros.
    I meant Muscle Milk..Thanks for the reply, I'll look up Mass Meal
    6'1'' 195 lbs
    10% bf

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FSUNolesZ
    Well, I forgot to add, I use one scoop of BSN Syntha-6 & One scoop of ON Whey in my morning shake. For a couple reasons,
    1) The Whey factor...want to get in my body asap...but also want the Egg & Casein to be there for a couple hours until my 10 AM 7 Eggs & Oats meal.
    2) The blended Protein Shakes are a lot more $ than just Whey...Instead of 2 scoops of the Syntha-6, I just use one here.
    Good gawd man, you dont eat until 10:00?

Keep in mind, while I dont know what the current beleif on it is, it was popular thought that casein protein will somewhat 'bind' to the whey molecules and slow down it's absorption. That's why people never took whey with milk PWO. While that may be good to keep things going till 10:00, it may not be breaking the fast with the speed that plain whey would.

Just something to think about.

Good gawd man, you dont eat until 10:00?

Keep in mind, while I dont know what the current beleif on it is, it was popular thought that casein protein will somewhat 'bind' to the whey molecules and slow down it's absorption. That's why people never took whey with milk PWO. While that may be good to keep things going till 10:00, it may not be breaking the fast with the speed that plain whey would.

Just something to think about.
    I have heard you are suppose to have Milk with your PWO.

but to stay on topic. My morning(7:45) shake when I wake up is:
    1 scoop BSN Syntha-6: 26 g protein(Whey, Egg, Casein)
    1/2 scoop ON Whey: 12 g protein
    2 strawberries, handfull of blueberries
    1/2 cup of Malto
    flax seed oil pill

And yes, after that I eat at 10 am: 7 Eggs & Oats
    6'1'' 195 lbs
    10% bf

adampascal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would go with Matrix or the Ultra peptide those seem to be the two that get the best reviews on here.

Damn you get up too late. I can tell you dont have kids.

So, what's the theory behind milk PWO being a good idea? I havent heard that one yet.

Damn you get up too late. I can tell you dont have kids.

So, what's the theory behind milk PWO being a good idea? I havent heard that one yet.
    HA..nope no kids..not married either..I'm 27.

Anyways, here is a little exert from the Pre/Post workout article pinned to the top of the nutrition board:

-milk considerations: whether or not you add milk to your postworkout shake depends upon personal preference and tolerance. the cons of milk are that many folks have some degree of lactose intolerance or milk allergy, and therefore are excluded from the possibility. the pros of milk postworkout are that it's highly insulinogenic, contains 6g dex per cup, and is a potent anabolic/anticatabolic substance that has outperformed whey in human research thus far.

Here is the link:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067
    6'1'' 195 lbs
    10% bf

Thumbs up

Interesting read, may have to try it. Besides, who dosent like whey better in milk, lol

Thanks for the lead.

bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bwilson has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just depends on what flavor and what whey you have. I like the Nectar better in water personally I think it would taste nasty in milk.

brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A good blended protien to take in the morning would be the Matrix 5.0. It is good also throughout the day when you can't get protien for a long time. Plus you can't beat the taste of it.
    SI03 Board Rep
    I am the american dream

MY SwoleN log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=706143