Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Standing Military Press and BB Shrugs

I like doing standing military press with a step forward when you get it up because I can do a lot more weight with it. I also like the way it feels. Does it favor one arm moreso than the other though? Should I be switching the leg I step with, or should I just try not to step forward?

I like doing BB shrugs because my grip always gives out if I do them with DB's. I hit my balls a lot doing them though and was wondering how to avoid this. I tried leaning forward, but it takes something away from the lift. I also have this problem occasionaly on the clean and jerk. One time I jerked it so hard and kept it a little too close to my body. I was passed out for like five minutes.

Thankx

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mbaboy
    I like doing standing military press with a step forward when you get it up because I can do a lot more weight with it. I also like the way it feels. Does it favor one arm moreso than the other though? Should I be switching the leg I step with, or should I just try not to step forward?

I like doing BB shrugs because my grip always gives out if I do them with DB's. I hit my balls a lot doing them though and was wondering how to avoid this. I tried leaning forward, but it takes something away from the lift. I also have this problem occasionaly on the clean and jerk. One time I jerked it so hard and kept it a little too close to my body. I was passed out for like five minutes.

Thankx
    Whats the point of doign something just because you can use more weight??

BBing isnt about how much weight u use...

jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Guardian
    Whats the point of doign something just because you can use more weight??
    overload the muscle better

rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50) rambone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jando
    overload the muscle better
    ????

Shittygeneticsomorph BBing_Addict's Avatar
    BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mbaboy
    I like doing standing military press with a step forward when you get it up because I can do a lot more weight with it. I also like the way it feels. Does it favor one arm moreso than the other though? Should I be switching the leg I step with, or should I just try not to step forward
    IMO having a step forward does not favor one arm more than the other, all it does it provides with a greater core stability, which is what allows to lift more weight.

i do it this way also.

Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A step is fine, a lot of people do it that way. What you should watch out for is whether you're also leaning back into your rear leg. If that is the case, you're doing more of a standing incline bench than a shoulder press and it would be good to re-adjust weight.
    Diehard for Chicago and Illini sports

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have seen alot of people perform the exercise that way. I don't see anything wrong with it and if it works, do it.

-Spaz
    Attached Images

Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok i'll keep that leaning on my back leg idea in mind

thanks for the pic spaz it really helped explain