Thread: Body Type issue

aussiegym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body Type issue

Can someone please tell me how this makes sense. I have a friend of mine who is slightly taller than me, similar weight and same age.
    He is an Endomorph and I am a Mesomorph.
    We have both been training for a year and train together using similar routine... For some reason his 3 major lifts are better than mine. Especially bench...where he was 40-50 pounds over me.
    I'm not worried by this...im just curious as ton how an endomorph...a person with quite allot of slow twitch...cant be better at maxing out than a fast twitch guy of similar stature ?

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    some people just respond to different routines better than others
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was under the impression endos are mostly fast-twitch, mesos a mix, ectos slow-twitch.

Endos seem to do best in powerlifting, and if he has the limb structure, that could help as well (small thick limbs).

Perhaps that is it. He is definately a Endo... (Large Hips atleast as big as his shoulders... more body fat and no toned look) But I guess he must be rounder and have overall more muscle than me

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually, I had the same sort of question at school. But the truth is that ****totype only has to do with body SHAPE and actually has very little to do with muscle fiber composition.

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Body Type issue

Originally posted by aussiegym
    I'm not worried by this...im just curious as ton how an endomorph...a person with quite allot of slow twitch...cant be better at maxing out than a fast twitch guy of similar stature ?
    How do you know he is mainly slow-twitch and you are mainly fast twitch? Have you done training experiments with each muscle group to determine this? Or are you basing it on meso/endo? Fiber type ratios have nothing to do with body type.

Also, if he is mainly slow twitch and you are mainly fast twitch in the muscles in question, it could come down to many other factors- rest, diet, attitude in the gym, other genetic factors, etc.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Re: Body Type issue

Originally posted by zackdarnell
    How do you know he is mainly slow-twitch and you are mainly fast twitch? Have you done training experiments with each muscle group to determine this? Or are you basing it on meso/endo? Fiber type ratios have nothing to do with body type.
    Amen! Actually, I read about a study in Japan in which they identified about 40 different types of muscle fibers along the slow to fast twitch spectrum.

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think meso, endo, ecto is a bunch of hairy bull**** and all it depends on is diet, hell i've been and endo an ecto and oh yes a meso before, as far as gaining muscle easy, that to is dependent on diet, these days people put to much emphasis on genetics, its all a cop out, an excuse
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r
    i think meso, endo, ecto is a bunch of hairy bull**** and all it depends on is diet, hell i've been and endo an ecto and oh yes a meso before, as far as gaining muscle easy, that to is dependent on diet, these days people put to much emphasis on genetics, its all a cop out, an excuse
    I agree with you to an extent. I do feel that body type could give a person a good idea of what sport they'd be most comfortable in. But I also agree that some people use body typing and ****totyping as an excuse for poor results.

****totyping in itself is sometimes unreliable anyways. I have the body characteristics of a mesomorph, but there are skinny ectomorphs at the gym who lift more than me! They work their asses of to get there and it shows!

Yes I think you guys have explained it for me.
    I also think it is the mechanics of some bodies. For example a rounded endomorph with decetn muscle will be very good on things like Bench because there is a lower range of movement

jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    in theory, a shorter person with short stubby arms would be best at bench. ryan kennelly, who's over 6'2, holds the record for over 800 lbs. he presses fast as hell

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Re: Body Type issue

Originally posted by zackdarnell

Also, if he is mainly slow twitch and you are mainly fast twitch in the muscles in question, it could come down to many other factors- rest, diet, attitude in the gym, other genetic factors, etc.
    This is so true. You never hear powerlifters complain about being ecto or whatever. We just pound the Iron!

lifter

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Body Type issue

Originally posted by Powerlifter16
    This is so true. You never hear powerlifters complain about being ecto or whatever. We just pound the Iron!

lifter
    most of us powerlifters just worry about things we can change and don't bitch about things we can't
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree with zack on this issue.. seriously if this where a true statement there would not be guys like john randle (ex DT fro the vikings ) that can run a 4.5 40, to be honest this had to be one of the most stupid statements i have ever heard. I think this forum is being taken over by bodybuilders
    Check out my log..http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121987731
    Youtube: BigToneNuge

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by powerlifter18
    i agree with zack on this issue.. seriously if this where a true statement there would not be guys like john randle (ex DT fro the vikings ) that can run a 4.5 40, to be honest this had to be one of the most stupid statements i have ever heard. I think this forum is being taken over by bodybuilders
    Like i said.. you dont hear powerlifters complain about being ecto or meso or whatever the hell that means.. means so much crap I dont take the time to study it lol!

You know their was a great saying by a man named Pavel.. "Worse thing that happen to strength training was bodybuilding"

lifter

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    exactly.... i think the BBers are trying to merge into "our world"...
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

I hope you haven't misunderstood me here. I have no probs with whatever body shape I am or my friend is. I am just intrigued that he can be so strong when I was obviously taught the wrong **** in PE classes about what different bodytypes can do.
    I agree here.......try your hardest and lift your best no mater what God has given you

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I leave this thread and it turns into a moral issue of some sort

It's like this: Endos are more geared to powerlifting, generally.

Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think there are too many factors involved to give you a straight answer. He could be stronger than you for any number of reasons. Bone structure,diet,genetics...the list goes on.
    A few bodybuilding stats
    Height 5'10
    Weight Somewhere between 195-200lbs(cutting down from 218lbs)
    (Measurements cold)
    Arms 16.5
    Calves 16.5
    Quads 27
    Penis 19.8(pumped,hard and vascular!)

Originally posted by Slim_DaDDy
    I think there are too many factors involved to give you a straight answer. He could be stronger than you for any number of reasons. Bone structure,diet,genetics...the list goes on.
    Their are 7 main factors limiting structural and functional strength gains.. These are the 7 I've come to be fond of from my studies and reading.

Trainability
    Neuromuscular Efficiency
    Biomechanical Efficiency
    Psychological Factors
    Pain and Fear of Pain
    Injury and Fear of Injury
    Fatigue

lifter