Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jon Veloga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mirror Vs. Scale?

It seems to be that I am gaining muscle through the mirror but not gaining weight. What is the problem here? AM i losing fat and gaining muscle? Is it that Im not eating as much as I should? I have a fast metabolism

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jon Veloga
    It seems to be that I am gaining muscle through the mirror but not gaining weight. What is the problem here? AM i losing fat and gaining muscle? Is it that Im not eating as much as I should? I have a fast metabolism
    Mirror.
    but who was lift

finally out of the RED rishab_ind18's Avatar
    rishab_ind18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lintford
    Mirror.

well thats ok i guess in the long run but wen ur trying omething new use the scale that way u know if ur doin right before noticible results are acheived.

im startin a real intense 4 week cut...
    for th next week ill be usin my fat analyser to see if wat im doing is helping..once i know wat works for me...screw the analyser and look in the mirror
    Dec 21st 05 : 112lbs(16% B.F)
    Feb 21st 06 : 125lbs(14% B.F)
    Jun 22nd 06 : 137lbs(12.1% B.F)
    Dec 1st 06 : 124lbs(10.1% B.F)
    Dec 22nd 06 : 133lbs(10.8% B.F)

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    weight can flucuate so much in one day it's ridiculous i went to bed at 215 once and woke up at 205

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what the scale says does not matter at all if you are satisfied with the way you look in the mirror. gaining muscle weight is hard, so just keep working at it. it takes a long time.

Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maximus_Stats will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i threw out my scale

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To end this thread, I give you an option.

Look 200 but be 150, or be 200 and look 150?
    but who was lift

Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    neither mirror or scale.

the measuring tape is where its at.
    "There are no boundaries in my world, not even genetic potential, a man can never cease to grow."

Phillipians 4:13 Motivates My Every Breath

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=43926&cat=506
    ^Me at 140 Pounds^

Height: 5'9"
    Current Phase: Cut
    Current Weight: 180
    Post Cut Goal Weight: 170

AIM: Ace of 1Spades1

Originally Posted by Ace of 1Spades1
    neither mirror or scale.

** The anticipation mounts **

wait for it....

wait for it..........

no.
    but who was lift

Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace of 1Spades1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

no.
    that gets old fast buddy. give me one good reason why not...i anticipate your answer.
    "There are no boundaries in my world, not even genetic potential, a man can never cease to grow."

^Me at 140 Pounds^

Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Freakazoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Kozma
    weight can flucuate so much in one day it's ridiculous i went to bed at 215 once and woke up at 205
    Lol so true
    July 11/2005 -6'2 157.5
    Ecto.

Current -6'2 180lbs

that gets old fast buddy. give me one good reason why not...i anticipate your answer.
    Reasons, ok, here we go.

You can take two kids, both with 16" arms, one may have pretty lousy looking arms, one may have great looking arms (great peak, rounded tri's etc). Measurements mean just as much as weight, you can have two people with 25" Legs, but due to one having a rather cone shaped leg, and one having a more blocky leg, they will look different.

The mirror/photos, are the only way to go.
    but who was lift

burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only thing that matters is your goal.... If you want to look good dont worry about it
    ♂Nice Ass Crew♀ ∫ Ballz Deep

Originally Posted by Kozma
    Do you ****/piss the bed?
    but who was lift

Reasons, ok, here we go.

You can take two kids, both with 16" arms, one may have pretty lousy looking arms, one may have great looking arms (great peak, rounded tri's etc). Measurements mean just as much as weight, you can have two people with 25" Legs, but due to one having a rather cone shaped leg, and one having a more blocky leg, they will look different.

The mirror/photos, are the only way to go.
    you don't compare the measurements with someone else, you compare them with your own through time.

^Me at 140 Pounds^

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    go by the mirror.
    i only gained 5lbs since April (no supps other than Tribulus which did nothing; no whey or creatine so gains were a bit slower), but i do look bigger since then and people have commented that i've filled out.
    and don't forget that things always sound less from the scales. gaining 5kgs of muscle doesn't sound like a lot, does it? but if you see before and after pics of someone who has gained 5kgs of muscle, there is a big difference. things always sound less than they really are.

i've gained 21lbs since December, which is about 9kgs. i look SO much different since then.

Message Board King best regards's Avatar
    best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you ****/piss the bed?
    haha the only thing lint is that as you know, you obviously gain over a period of time. and youre looking in the mirror every day. so its not like youre gonna be able to see a difference one day. so the best way is to take a pic then compare yourself later to see.

yeah and o measurements wont work because youre constantly changing like that (bloating, etc.) and also youll find unless you get it done professionally youre gonna get different measurements every time.
    Goal of June football camp = 400lb squat

Farwell, my friends. I'll be back some day. Just need to get my head screwed on straight.

"Thank you O God for saving the earth from the asteroid.... the one you just sent"

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To end this thread, I give you an option.

Look 200 but be 150, or be 200 and look 150?
    unfortunately i'm the first.
    i am a lot heavier than i look. i've seen teens of the week who are my height and weigh 140lbs, but still look a LOT more built than i do. and i weigh 153. very strange. they were just 140 but looked around 160.

Originally Posted by best regards
    haha the only thing lint is that as you know, you obviously gain over a period of time. and youre looking in the mirror every day. so its not like youre gonna be able to see a difference one day. so the best way is to take a pic then compare yourself later to see.

yeah and o measurements wont work because youre constantly changing like that (bloating, etc.) and also youll find unless you get it done professionally youre gonna get different measurements every time.
    Yeh you're right man, thats why if you look up, I said pics aswell, very good method to use.

Ace of Spades, it doesnt work like that, my arms looked to improve alot a couple of months back, the measurements didnt alter one bit.
    but who was lift

Originally Posted by best regards
    no...there is no amount of bloat that can throw off a measurement, and if there is, then you will FEEL it, thus you may explain the error. besides, the only true bloating happens in the stomach/abdominal area. there's much more to measure.

^Me at 140 Pounds^

Originally Posted by WCC
    unfortunately i'm the first.
    i am a lot heavier than i look. i've seen teens of the week who are my height and weigh 140lbs, but still look a LOT more built than i do. and i weigh 153. very strange. they were just 140 but looked around 160.
    I am the same, I dont look 180.
    but who was lift

Yeh you're right man, thats why if you look up, I said pics aswell, very good method to use.

Ace of Spades, it doesnt work like that, my arms looked to improve alot a couple of months back, the measurements didnt alter one bit.
    i understand what you mean. but of course you can measure it with a degree of how tight it is and how loose it used to be. know what I mean? so there in lies the difference.

^Me at 140 Pounds^

bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bloodstainsz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my arms are 3-4 centimetres larger by the afternoon when im hydrated. however, i sleep with my mouth open and become severely dehydrated. due to this, i am always very cut and defined in the mornings. dont need to put on a shirt till 3 or 4 litres of water
    I'm da king sucka - Booker T's future cathcphrase

Zombie - Triple H - Shawn Michaels - New DX

- Heaven sent - Hell Bound -
    The Fallen Angel

Me and Fat people aren't so different, the only real difference is that I stop eating.

neither mirror or scale.

that's stupid. the tape won't tell you if you're muscular or fat.
    my grandma's guns look around 20" and so does her neck. impressive? NO; she's morbidly obese. LOL!
    she also weighs well over 200 and she's around 5'4". impressive? again, no because she is morbidly obese.

the mirror is the best judge. in my case, i look smaller than i am. as i've said, i've seen teens of the week who are my height and weigh 140 but look a lot more muscular than i do, and i'm 153. it confuses hell out of me.
    similarly, there's a guy in my class who weighs 170; he's my height and he's an athlete. pure jock. he looks about as built as me though, even though he has 17lbs on me.

i don't know what it is that causes this - maybe denser bones or muscles? more muscle fibres in a smaller space would mean higher density and more weight, so maybe it's that. i don't know. someone explain please.

kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if i eat alot in one day i can put on an easy 15lbs

so def mirror > scale
    UniqueNutrition Representative
    www.uniquenutrition.net
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

Disclaimer: The above statement is my own opinion and does not reflect the official position of Unique Nutrition.
    -----------------------------------------
    When I get under the bar, I don't worry about dropping the weight...because it's not going to happen

I am the same, I dont look 180.
    jaysus, are you 180? i've seen pics of you; you're right about that. you look solid, but not 180. that's pretty damn impressive.

Originally Posted by WCC
    jaysus, are you 180? i've seen pics of you; you're right about that. you look solid, but not 180. that's pretty damn impressive.
    Yep I am.
    but who was lift

Originally Posted by WCC
    that's stupid. the tape won't tell you if you're muscular or fat.
    my grandma's guns look around 20" and so does her neck. impressive? NO; she's morbidly obese. LOL!
    she also weighs well over 200 and she's around 5'4". impressive? again, no because she is morbidly obese.

the mirror is the best judge. in my case, i look smaller than i am. as i've said, i've seen teens of the week who are my height and weigh 140 but look a lot more muscular than i do, and i'm 153. it confuses hell out of me.
    similarly, there's a guy in my class who weighs 170; he's my height and he's an athlete. pure jock. he looks about as built as me though, even though he has 17lbs on me.

i don't know what it is that causes this - maybe denser bones or muscles? more muscle fibres in a smaller space would mean higher density and more weight, so maybe it's that. i don't know. someone explain please.
    you're measuring change...

^Me at 140 Pounds^

poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50) poissonrouge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    everyday i wake up half a stone lighter than when i go to bed....fact!
    Junior doctor

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't go by the mirror. I have gained 15 pounds, and can hardly see a difference, except I'm getting some fat around the waist. I go by the scale. I always weigh myself in the morning, that way i can't be holding food in my stomach, so the results are more accurate. I never measure at night.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.