Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roughneck75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Should I use Milk or Water for my Optimum Whey protein shake POST workout?

responses would be appreciated

Thanx

Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Amino89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Water, definitely for quick absorption. Any other time its up to you water or milk.

Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_Jim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i mix it with water. even though it is not the best thing ive ever tasted its easy to chug it. i used to use milk all the time but i was going through a gallon every 3 days

hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hmrthr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Water is Key
    "Lift hard or go home"

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift heavy ass weight"

BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    water after a workout for quick digestion.. anyother time during the day milk for a slower digestion

Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it doesn't matter and you won't notice a difference in gains.
    "Ignorance is the most expensive commodity we pay for in this country."

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Nathan1
    even post workout?
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Water, as many times as possible. You need a sufficient amount of water for your kidneys to wash away the wastes an such from a high protien diet and supplementation. Not to mention carry nutrients around your body, which can only be good for recovery.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying"

Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
    even post workout?
    even post w/o. this is my belief from seeing some test done a long time ago and from my own personal experiences.

if you disagree, try it out for yourself. do 1 month of each, see if you notice a difference...and if you are REALLY skeptical, do a year of each and get back to us.

Originally Posted by rkh_nz
    Water, as many times as possible. You need a sufficient amount of water for your kidneys to wash away the wastes an such from a high protien diet and supplementation. Not to mention carry nutrients around your body, which can only be good for recovery.
    gee, you mean the 2 gallons i get the rest of the day is worthless compared to the 12 oz. post w/o?
    "Ignorance is the most expensive commodity we pay for in this country."

Unregistered User NoNameNecessary's Avatar
    NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    even post w/o. this is my belief from seeing some test done a long time ago and from my own personal experiences.

if you disagree, try it out for yourself. do 1 month of each, see if you notice a difference...and if you are REALLY skeptical, do a year of each and get back to us.
    Agreed. It won't make a difference. It comes down to whichever you prefer.

I like to use skim milk, simply because it tastes better. I've tried blending whey, oats, honey, and water together, but it didn't taste all too good.
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
    -Proverbs 19:21

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NoNameNecessary
    Agreed. It won't make a difference. It comes down to whichever you prefer.

I like to use skim milk, simply because it tastes better. I've tried blending whey, oats, honey, and water together, but it didn't taste all too good.
    I agree I believe the whole water on post-workout isn't true. I like to add oats to my post-workout shake and water+whey+oats doesn't sound too appealing to me. It is a great way to sneak in more calories as well by using milk and not water.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkh_nz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

gee, you mean the 2 gallons i get the rest of the day is worthless compared to the 12 oz. post w/o?

lol no of coarse not..I guess I sounded a bit too much like a book there..
    But I was just trying to emphasize the fact that it is more crucial to have water around your workouts than in other times of the day, when you might not need it as much.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying"

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I use water, but either is fine.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good post. It will make absolutely no difference, since I have tried both ways for many months.

Honestly, you can show me all the science in the world about quick digestion, use water... blah blah blah, but from personal experience, I can tell you I'd rather use milk given the choice.

Milk makes the shake taste better, adds more calories if you are bulking, and gives you an extra 8 grams of protein per cup.
    "9 Out of 10 Americans Do not get eat enough whole grain"....

...Making up for the other 9 since 2004

"May the weights fall softly upon your shoulders, and your goals rest easy upon your back"

Disclaimer:

The truth may shock you.

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here is what Aragon says about it:

milk considerations: whether or not you add milk to your postworkout shake depends upon personal preference and tolerance. the cons of milk are that many folks have some degree of lactose intolerance or milk allergy, and therefore are excluded from the possibility. the pros of milk postworkout are that it's highly insulinogenic, contains 6g dex per cup, and is a potent anabolic/anticatabolic substance that has outperformed whey in human research thus far.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

I use skim milk, milk is good.

whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitedevil74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Again. no difference. My postworkout shake. Whey isolate, skim milk, oats, dextrose,15 grams Leucine, 3 grams creatine, 2 grams beta alanine. I have definelty seen a difference in body composition and reduced DOMS since I have started this shake. By far my most effective supplement.

buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buff155pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gatorade it tastes terrible but it gets the nesscary sugar without drinking 2 things that taste terrible.....

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So is that the milk(caesin protein) doesnt digest slowly, or that it doesnt cause the whey and other stuff in the shake to digestly slowly, or that even if it does your body doesnt need it right away?
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyPete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It really doesn't matter...I always use milk: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666