Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

One side of back is bigger than other...

The left side of my back is bigger than the other.. particulary noticeable the lat region. Does anyone else have this? Any recommentations on what I should do about it?

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i know this will come up... i dont have scoliosis

roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roidsrage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the same problem, except my right lat is larger than my left.

As an attempt to fix this, i've removed Lat pulldowns, and went straight to Rows + pullups, i found pullups to be helpful (left side felt more sore than right side).

still experimenting though.
    Today is a glorious day for the misc

Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slucha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's normal to a certain degree, and you will never have both sides being exactly the same. Perhaps it's not really a size difference, but just that one of your lats has a different shape through a injury you had some time ago.
    But Concentrate more on your weaker/smaller side when training with a barbell and incorporate some dumbbell work.
    ++it's what happens when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass...during an earthquake++

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by (Oz)
    The left side of my back is bigger than the other.. particulary noticeable the lat region. Does anyone else have this? Any recommentations on what I should do about it?
    No one is perfectly symmetrical. It's probably only something you would notice. If one side is "stronger" than the other, you could switch to dumbbell work (like dumbbell rows), and isolate the weaker side that way. Use the same weight for the stronger side as you use for the weaker side, and it could help even things out over time. Personally, I wouldn't waste the time or worry about it though... it's probably not as bad as you think.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by (Oz)
    Do you have any pictures you can post?

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem. Unfortunately its a fact of lift. My right side is a tad more developed than my right side.
    RIP Steve Irwin :(

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah its pretty much normal, everyone has something of the sort and the person themselves always think more of it while others mostly would not notice without being shown directly or not at all.

I have the same problem with certain things. I realized it was mostly posture and after doing some stretching it got better. Keep in mind that its rare that someone has perfect bone symmetry as well and that will always make small imbalances.

I find that the thing that really helped my back (lats especially) was performing lat spreads over and over in little sessions. I figuered out how to do them mostly properly and i found that those really stetched my scapula out a bit not only improving the width of my lat spread position, but also the balance of my upper body (back/chest) by putting them in a stetched out neutral position i guess. Althought its really slight, i believe it made some difference. Not to mention the mind/muscle connection benefits i know it had on my lats/rear delts/teres/back. But for the most part, you can only do so much.
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should consider yourself lucky. Pretty much the whole right side of my back is stronger and more developed (and various things are stretched more) than the left, from the years of archery I did before I got into lifting. The problem is there really isn't an exercise that closely mimics the movement of drawing a bow (I was thinking about some sort of seated or standing one-arm cable row), so it's slow coming around, but slowly, I think it is. Like KopyKat, I think it's helped to flex and spread the lats. It helps me to become used to the feeling of when the lat and various parts of the back are contracting.

If it's not a real huge imbalance, then don't worry about it. Concentrate on your form, the contraction, and making sure you're not pulling more with one side or the other. It'll eventually come around.

30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000)
    what does your back workout look like? i have the same problem but my right side is slightly bigger than my left. i am now just very conscious of when doing lat pulldowns to pull down evenly(& back up obviously lol)
    No regrets, only lessons learnt.

chaseflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the same problem my right lat is alot bigger then the left can someone please help me?